Balancing Fort Battles*

Discussion in 'Ideas & Brainfarts' started by RaiderTr, Feb 19, 2019.

Share This Page

1. RaiderTr

RaiderTr Well-Known Member

*Rewards, Classes and Damage.

As mentioned here, there are Balance issues with FFs.

And the possible solutions (in my opinion) are as follows;

1- Worker class bonuses can be lowered to %15 (%30 with Premium)
    2- HP lost can have an effect -so that Sacrifice is Rewarded a bit!
    3- In the damage Formula , Leadership coefficient -which also Boosts all other Damage bonuses- can be lowered slightly
    4- Sector damage bonuses of Sets can be Lowered slightly or be Percentage based -and NOT boosted by the Damage formula.
    5- Resistance can be made Percentage based. (Decrease the damage by %X )
    6- Tower, Wall, Buildings bonuses can be increased a bit -to balance Attack vs Defense battles.
    7- Default Attack & Defense bonuses in Formulas (25 v 10 atm) can be changed as they are becoming irrelevant/imbalanced with better and better sets.

I don't know which/how many of them would be best/enough but I hope we can at least see one or two.

Regards

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM
  2. RaiderTr

I was thinking.. there is this Damager set type which gives lots of Attack right.. and an upgraded version comes out with Easter event (+ absurdly OP Union officer set..)

So maybe make a new set giving a good Defense (maybe few Attack too, like Natty did?) bonus with some Hp & other useful FF Stats -that can compete with current Sets?

This could provide more Dodge for Soldiers & Adventurers + balance them against Tanky Workers.
    Then hopefully there won't be a need of messing with their Class bonuses either.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:39 PM
  3. RaiderTr

Well..
    Instead, lets make 2x new Damager sets at the same time, which increase already insane Damages and Hit Rates by about %20 (and makes sure even more people goes Leaders--t) because why not?!

Level 60 non-FF skilled Worker gets more Xp and Bonds than pure FF'er level 134 Soldier :D
    Let alone poor Adventurers..

I mean at least 1 Tank and 1 Damager set would be much better for the future of FFs (rather than waiting 3 more months!) as there is always some new players without sets, but yeah, nope.

Shame on you Inno..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:41 PM
  4. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

Trying to compete with union set is amazing. Well done inno, zero innovatifeness, more quests to distract players!

It is now almost impossible to defend in fort fights, I think I should make a new map myself. Innogames don't have enough to do that themselves.

lulumcnoob and RaiderTr like this.
  5. RaiderTr

Can't be bothered to update the formulas to the current meta, can't be bothered to make proper Tank gear (instead lets make 2 Damager sets at the same time) ;

But hey, we got (outdated) Golden Set on sale, suck on that Tanks :D

Ps. To "counter" the Union set bs, we need a Set with lots of Defense, Resist & Hp.

lulumcnoob likes this.
  6. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Well-Known Member

I'm not competent enough to suggest exactly how the formulas should be re-balanced, but percentage based resist and damage formula seem interesting. Additional tower bonuses for defenders to make holding for longer than 1 round possible too, and as raider suggested, the passive +25 & +10 attack and defence values are almost meaningless with modern sets, and I don't imagine they do anything for a level 25 guy against a Union set.

Union set has an attack value bonus AND a sector damage bonus, all up-gradable and all locked behind a nugget paywall, it's two kinds of horrible game design in one package.
    Thus highlighting my problem when people suggest new sets for them to sell. They'll be pay-walled, or available through exploitative lootbox style tombolas and at some point you can buy them on the market regardless of the fact players with $10m to every $1m of yours buy them all to upgrade their sets anyway /r

Anyway the point was, you turned sector damage bonuses from a nice occasional tactical advantage, into a massive tactical disadvantage if your players didn't buy as many of the sets as the other side. Also learned a couple of days ago that the damage formula doesn't have any diminishing returns, I suppose we were never meant to have sets capable of 3.5k damage in a shot, power creep went a bit rampant. I don't want to see that simply happen with resistance now, where the standard resistance is higher than the damage of my bloody weapon if i'm under level 100.

But i'm fully aware that's what management will decide to do.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    asdf124 and RaiderTr like this.
  7. RaiderTr

"Sector damage bonus" -boosted by Damage Formula has gone out of control. Everyone with high enough level at least deals 600-700 damage.
    And about 20 of that kills a Tank easily. Don't even need a Leaders..t player.

If resist be % based, there won't be "0" damage below certain level either, which is nowadays a big discouragement for New players who are interested in FFs.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    asdf124 and Harsha.. like this.
  8. RaiderTr

Well this new Summer spirits set won't really solve the issues. Just a stalling band-aid is what it is.
    Of course not everyone will be able to buy it either.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019 at 1:35 PM