Resolved Android device playing the west?

DeletedUser21816

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to play the west fully on an android device. This includes fort battles etc... What you need for applications like adobe player or something.

I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy tab, since i bought a new Samsung TV and would like to test this puppy out fully with the smart view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZlGLNiAtc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Noobmic

Hi,

I have an Samsung S2 (I had an HTC Desire) and the experience of this game on a mobile phone isn't so great.

I tried with default browser, with FireFox or Dolphin browser and there are issues, like opening town overview then click on hotel and instead of opening hotel it opens a job the is behind that window (this is just an example many cases are here when jobs from the window beneath open instead of what you really clicked).

The scroll on big widows doesn't work so good, to read the town forum is impossible unless you open in a new window/tab.

Moving the map is a pain.

So until InnoGames will make a mobile version of the game, or an app, playing the game on a mobile device isn't too fun.

DeletedUser21816

So basically it's like the iDevices. Some things work, some don't. So the adobe player 10.2, or 11 now i think, doesn't do anything?

Would be great to have it as an app, but then still have your world characters playing. Not like the Facebook game, where you start with a new build.

DeletedUser20647

Mozilla allows me to do everything except battles, no issues like Noobmic's. With Miren Browser I can do fort battles. I have an xperia arc s, which is a lot slower than that tab.

I'd be amazed if the tab had any trouble doing this.

DeletedUser21816

Miren Browser
door miren browser
>250,000 downloads, 16213 beoordelingen (4.35 gemiddeld), 2167 kb
This app is unfortunately no longer available on the Android market. :(

DeletedUser

I play west on android phone with opera web browser, only thing I had to install besides opera is adobe flash player to be able to open FF map, I didn't work without it. Unfortunatelly I don't have a "right click" to set quality to low and avoid some lag.

DeletedUser6752

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I have had the same issues as did Noobmic - navigating the map is a nightmare; pressing the Select button to go to sleep, for example, and the browser actually selects the window that lays behind the hotel, and you have to deal with canceling a job window (or, worse yet, your inventory screen - when it finally generates).
When I lost power at home for 7 days recently all I wanted to do is to set my guy to sleep for several sessions until (hopefully) the power came back - and even that simple task depleted my battery significantly because it took so long to be able to hit the right buttons in the right windows without getting misdirected.

So, in other words, I'd say no - The West isn't really playable on an Android device.

However, I'll try installing Opera when I have the chance and see if it improves things at all.

DeletedUser2708

An "android device" playing teh West?! And I thought bots weren't allowed.... :(

DeletedUser

Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications.

Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone.

In which universe is "android device" a bot? Bots are not allowed. Playing the west on your mobile phone it is. Please stay on topic, do not try to change it again!

DeletedUser21816

I found miren on an off site, not "android market" installed it. It loads the battle, but haven't been able to move my character around. Seems like it interprets it as 1 window instead of the all single squares... I'll try Opera then too.

Edit: Tried mobile and mini. Mini was the worst out of all browsers yet. Mobile however loaded really quickly, i just couldn't move my character in the fort either. It sees the whole map as 1 apparently and starts reloading the map once i touch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Solution (yeah, I got it working):

Playing on any mobile device directly was an exercise in futility, BUT there is a way around it by using your mobile app to NOT play on your phone ... here's how:

1. Leave your home PC on and access your home PC remotely via your mobile app.
2. I use a free program app called Teamviewer and install it on my home PC and also on my Android Bionic (Verizon).
3. Your home PC will give you a nine digit Teamviewer access number and you setup a secure password on your home PC.
4. You use the mobile app teamviewer on your mobile device to access your home PC through Teamviewer.

You now have all the abilities and features that you have while sitting at your PC. Although switching back and forth between a chat room isn't practical, you can still follow via the in game chat box for fort fights and use the zoom feature to zoom in sufficiently to see your section of a fort fight on the map. Things are a bit slower because you don't have a full mouse and keyboard but it is fully functional ... but do beware ... a one-hour fort fight is likely to drain your mobile device battery a lot.

Hope this helps some of you addicts out there get your "fix on the road".

TJ

DeletedUser21816

Cool, just tested it from my macbook, it seems to work also with the iPad and my galaxy tab 10.1. Only the graphics on the tab aren't what they should be, but who cares as long as you can get on it.