Adventures discussion and feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3853873

If that doesnt work you should have contacted support by now lol.I would have contacted them the first day

DeletedUser

At this point I would really like to know if anyone with some authority is listening at all? Is anyone even considering making changes to the current system or are we expected to just complain for a while and tire out? I have only seen Zd3no reply and he doesn't play a lot of adventures to test these complaints on his own.

Slygoxx

At this point I would really like to know if anyone with some authority is listening at all? Is anyone even considering making changes to the current system or are we expected to just complain for a while and tire out? I have only seen Zd3no reply and he doesn't play a lot of adventures to test these complaints on his own.

Just because we don't reply doesn't mean we don't read it, all feedback is appreciated and we do read it ;)

DeletedUser36011

You would be surprised at whom is watching and reading. There are a ton of unofficial testers that work behind the scenes plus specific players whilst holding no positions of authority have a very good and close rapport with staff throughout the course of the game.

DeletedUser22685

Actually, I know for a fact that the feedback given here is being relayed to the Lead CM, and at least one developer has read this thread in its entirety. Just because they don't say anything, doesn't mean they're not paying attention. The entire purpose of releasing a feature on a trial basis is to identify changes that need to be made. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to run such a trial and pay no attention to its results.

DeletedUser

A little post now and then doesn't hurt, telling us which points have been considered as part of the upcoming change or which points will stay as they are. Knowing things will get better in the future is motivation enough to continue playing through the current negative aspects. I really like adventures and it can be clearly seen that the devs and other people have worked a lot on it, but the points that have been reported here repeatedly totally ruin the fun and they happen more often than not.

DeletedUser36559

There have been a ton of points mentioned on how to improve adventurers however trying to implement them all will be far too time-consuming. I'm sure they have taken note of some of the points already mentioned on this thread.

Deleted User - 3853873

and some points may be just a opinion not a fact of how all the people feel also.if you want to put in how you think things needed changed and want to reports bugs and what not.you should play on beta where it was tested months before it came on our servers and a button right on the screen on the right to report bugs.beta also has its own forums just for that.make a toon on beta ishubagaria then ask questions and report stuff there.I am sure devs are more active replying there to fix stuff before they put it on all servers.

DeletedUser36011

and some points may be just a opinion not a fact of how all the people feel also.if you want to put in how you think things needed changed and want to reports bugs and what not.you should play on beta where it was tested months before it came on our servers and a button right on the screen on the right to report bugs.beta also has its own forums just for that.make a toon on beta ishubagaria then ask questions and report stuff there.I am sure devs are more active replying there to fix stuff before they put it on all servers.

Beta isnt the best test server, it lacks the activity to test it properly like you get on .net for example. Same thing happened when the new FF formula was applied. dotnet became the test dummies ;)

DeletedUser

So the players who don't have accounts in beta shouldn't report bugs and give their opinion on the features? you've posted here many times and created several threads in the forum giving your opinion.

DeletedUser

As time passed by, disconnects and afk players are much rarer now, almost never happens again which is good.
And now that most players know how to play, if one side has special tombola gun, it is almost guaranteed that side will win. Yes, it's possible to beat them, but you have more chances to get loot chest AND Outlaw item from it then to beat special gun team.
For team balance, both teams should have same number of those guns, otherwise no fun and use to play. Especially, since at least 1/3 of my games had special tombola gun in it and every one of those fights were one sided from start.
Just to be clear, those new revolver's i don't consider overpowered, only Hank's (with strength/HP bonus) gives an edge, others are not that good.

As for rewards, it is kinda good thing that outlaw items are rare otherwise everybody would be having them already (beta market is flooded with cheap outlaw items for long time). Even now on Colorado for example, prices of Outlaw items are dropping a lot. Only thing that should be changed is to have all Outlaw items auctionable.
Potions of wisdom are great, for me personally best reward from whole Adventure thing so far.
Mojos are useless now, but if somehow their bonus could be used in adventures, they would be decent rewads.

And finally, here is how to skip action phase and start immediately queueing commands while others are still watching action phase. Beware, i can't reproduce on my home PC, but at my work PC no problems. Works on both Firefox and Chrome, i haven't tried other browsers. Also, it might not work first few turns, but keep trying.

I do it with pulling down chat window like in attached screenshot (so you see brown wooded plank background in bottom) and switching chat tabs non-stop (action log and team log) when action phase starts. That's for Chrome, in Firefox you don't even need to switch tabs sometime, it's automatic. Oh yes, it only works when my browser in not full screen, it's definitely connected to browser behaviour, not with abusing the game. Probably it can be done with more simpler way and someone with more knowledge about browsers can surely explain this "feature". Have fun!

Attachments

• tw.jpg
    tw.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3853873

So the players who don't have accounts in beta shouldn't report bugs and give their opinion on the features? you've posted here many times and created several threads in the forum giving your opinion.
I am just saying your upset cause they are not responding to all you questions,so suggested you play on beta where I think they may respond more.and yes I do post here a lot and usually get a response from fellow players and thier opinions. I dont expect a reply from the devs on every question I have here or any really.I know they are busy with development of the game,I come here to get answer from fellow players that may know the answers or suggestions.I dont get upset if a dev doesnt answer all my questions or change the game to which way I think it should be.I give my opinion on subjects which may be right or wrong and not facts

DeletedUser

As time passed by, disconnects and afk players are much rarer now, almost never happens again which is good.

It must be something with the time of the day when you play, players being more active at the time because I face afks/disconnect more than half the time.

I am just saying your upset cause they are not responding to all you questions,so suggested you play on beta where I think they may respond more.and yes I do post here a lot and usually get a response from fellow players and thier opinions. I dont expect a reply from the devs on every question I have here or any really.I know they are busy with development of the game,I come here to get answer from fellow players that may know the answers or suggestions.I dont get upset if a dev doesnt answer all my questions or change the game to which way I think it should be.I give my opinion on subjects which may be right or wrong and not facts

I wasn't upset, I was frustrated; and not with the devs/mods but the current way advs are working. I started keeping a log of how my games went, and it seems that it is not that way with others, but with me only 3 out of 10 games are normal, i.e. everyone active and playing like a team. Rest of the time its either afk/disconnect from the very beginning which is "exploiting" and completely wastes the time of the team they are on, or people not playing as a team because they don't care. I have had to play with people that said it out loud that they don't care if the team wins or loses. Other times the person just doesn't respond and goes on to play his solo game running in circles causing friendly fire. My average VP income per game is lower than 150 and that is including the victories.

I don't expect the devs/mods to sit on the forums all day responding to every comment, and I know it is being read by them. I just want to be informed as to if they agree that such and such is an issue and needs to worked on and which of the things mentioned by players here are not considered as priority issues by them, because otherwise we are just saying the same things again and again needlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

It must be something with the time of the day when you play, players being more active at the time because I face afks/disconnect more than half the time.

I think the afk issue has reduced a lot for me nowadays, players are much more active although you do always get the 1 afk here and there. My only issue now is the players who ragequit when they know they won't win but they already put their team at a disadvantage by leaving.

DeletedUser36011

And now that most players know how to play, if one side has special tombola gun, it is almost guaranteed that side will win. Yes, it's possible to beat them, but you have more chances to get loot chest AND Outlaw item from it then to beat special gun team.
For team balance, both teams should have same number of those guns, otherwise no fun and use to play. Especially, since at least 1/3 of my games had special tombola gun in it and every one of those fights were one sided from start.
Just to be clear, those new revolver's i don't consider overpowered, only Hank's (with strength/HP bonus) gives an edge, others are not that good.

I kinda disagree the event winner guns are overpowered. Sure they are right now a little, but as soon as everyone has outlaw gear, they are very much comparable.

Outlaw gun at 150 = average of 340. Event Winners is 360. the outlaw set the more you add gets better, not quite as much as a +5/5 att/defence. But it is still +2/2 with the sector damage increase about equal too. I am only comparing adding 2 outlaw pieces here being added to the rest of the set which could be worn by an event winner.

Once more and more people roll with full outlaw its not that bad, the event winner get a little more HP and a little more damage, but not enough to turn a battle like you see now. The event guns are an advantage a person is entitled to as part of the game, just because others havent got the requisite gear yet to compete doesnt make them completely imbalanced.

DeletedUser22685

There's really very little point in arguing about the event rifles. Those who have them will claim that they're an earned advantage, which they are, and those who don't have them will claim that they're overpowered, which, quite frankly, they are. Things would be a lot easier if they weren't added in the first place, but the fact remains that they're not going anywhere. Those who don't have the rifles simply need to learn to compete as best they can and, like Pty said, hope to get their hands on a viable alternative as soon as possible.

DeletedUser36559

Overpowered, slightly overpowered or outlaw is similar, event guns are here to stay no matter how much we complain about. I personally don't have any problem with them as I just try to avoid them as much as possible during the adventure. If a game is lost everyone is quick to point out it's because of his event gun but nothing can be done about it.

DeletedUser

Event guns are overpowered (don't know why Pty said 360, I have seen them do an average of 450-500 damage per shot while still giving high HP, aim/dodge), and the ones that have them have earned it and deserve to have that advantage in adventures. Players who have them AND know how to play shouldn't be outcasted because they are tough to beat. And like has been said above, they are going to stay no matter how much anyone complains. Just make balanced teams by putting another event rifle guy in the opposite team, or if another such player is not there then adjust the teams based on levels to make a balanced team.