Account sitting

DeletedUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celc Festus
In Renaissance Kingdoms they have a feature called "retreat". It's in the church. When you click the link, your player enters the church and is cared for and feed. It also protects you from injury. Players use this feature when they can't be on for a few days.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have something similar here for us to use. Maybe not in the church though....

This sounds like a brilliant idea,,, It also does away with sitter abuse ! We need something for holidays and myself, I do 12 hour shiftwork. So We definately need something.

DeletedUser

Well, thank you. But like you and I were talking earlier, an Account Sitter wouldn't be too bad as long as they implemented rules to the whole thing.

DeletedUser

How about, the account sitter could only work for a certain amount and cannot make decisions (such as skill increase)

My idea although it may be bad.

DeletedUser

well i think account sitting is a good idea but i wish there could b something like a vacation home. You need to earn money to go for a vacation, just like real life.

This will be better coz you don't want working for others while they are off. Too many account sitting will be a big problem and surely there are always undetected breach of rules.

Vacation home:

- Inexpensive ones only accomodates you to survive and rest.
- Expensive ones builds up your experience while you're gone.

DeletedUser

No account sitters please. But this "Retreat" thing is really good idea in my opinion. (You can sleep for 2 times 8 hours without premium, so after it ends anyone can duel you, if I'm not mistaken.)

DeletedUser

Would it not be easier just to have a longer stay at your Hotel? Perhaps for a week or two weeks, charged accordingly.

DeletedUser

a retreat is a better way of sitting ;) i think we should be able to put our person into a retreat if we are going to be away for a stretch of time :/. To have that option available is a good idea.

Oily, the hotel is good and all, when people have it built up in their towns, and than think of the price, and than all the new players joining, there is no way they could afford to pay that much if they do go away?

*ramble :/*

DeletedUser

a retreat is a better way of sitting ;) i think we should be able to put our person into a retreat if we are going to be away for a stretch of time :/. To have that option available is a good idea.

Oily, the hotel is good and all, when people have it built up in their towns, and than think of the price, and than all the new players joining, there is no way they could afford to pay that much if they do go away?

*ramble :/*
If someone goes away the day after they sign up, they should have waited to sign up. Simple as that.

DeletedUser

The idea of a retreat is that anyone could do it. But it wouldn't level you up or anything. It would just keep your character safe with the minimal requirements that are needed.
Of course, in Renaissance Kingdoms, you have to eat 1x a day to stay alive.
In Ikariam, you have a vacation mode you can use. It prevents other players from attacking or tradeing with you. Of course, your workers stop working while you are on vacation and your cities produce nothing. And you have to stay gone for atleast 2 days before you can log back in, but you can stay gone indefinately without worry of deletion or attack.
I haven't a big prob with account sitting. I have just seen too much over use of it, and way too much abuse of it on TWars.
This caused me to check into other ways to be able to leave your account for any amount of time. Renaissance Kingdoms is my favorite way, but Ikariam's way is also a good one.

DeletedUser

yes it is very bad that they dont got a account sitting thingy yet :(
like TW { tribal wars } they got one and it is used alot alot :D
in tw i go out alot to camp for weekend i am not here so i ticks me off i miss 2-3 days...

DeletedUser

i think it would be good to hav account sitting , but they cant do anything to your points like someone said earlier..

DeletedUser

I vote against account sitting because this is a roleplaying game not a real time strategy. The retreat sounds like a good idea. But to keep it from being abused I would suggest it be a minimum of 7 days. Or minimum 3 maximum 30 and you have to have 10 days between uses. It's one thing to use it during holiday when you'll be away from computers, it is an entirely different thing to abuse it by going into retreat whenever you will be off line.

DeletedUser1105

Yeah, there needs to be some limits on it, but this is a good idea.

DeletedUser

you should be able to set it in 'retreat' mode for as long as you like, but must have a minimum time away, e.g. 3 days, and you can only do it every 5 days.

DeletedUser

I vote against account sitting because this is a roleplaying game not a real time strategy

Exactly why it shouldnt be like TW.. The idea is to make it as realistic as possible.. you cant have someone else controlling you while your on holiday, it doesnt make sense :D

DeletedUser

No it shouldn't be like TW, i think the retreat idea is a good one with a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 120 days, but if you come back you have to wait 5 to 7 days before you can go back into retreat.

DeletedUser

i think its better with the retreat mode rather than the account sitting mode