A bribed movie rating?

DeletedUser

If you have seen Year One then you know how much perverted stuff is it in yet it is rated pg-13! I saw Step Brothers which is rated R and it wasnt as perverted.
i think the people that rate the movie might have been bribed or fell asleep during the movie.

DeletedUser

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince was rated PG, and it had a lot of violence and stuff. There are a lot of poorly rated movies out there.

DeletedUser

lol harry potter PG :D
well it have kisses but they are common in "modern countries"

DeletedUser

I have no doubt of this Train. Movie ratings are made by the Classification and Ratings Administration (CARA), of which all persons of that panel are hired by, and placed in, the position as a panel member by the CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America.

And while the ratings are a voluntary rating system, you just can't get a movie in a theatre without getting it rated, which slips the next little slimy hand for a payout -- NATO. NATO stands for the National Association of Theatre Owners.

Together, MPAA and NATO pretty much call the shots, but understand that MPAA is merely a front. At present, MPAA is spending an inordinate amount of money trying to battle piracy, so donations to such a "worthy cause," by MPAA members (the movie studios, and thus the producing companies), would no doubt influence the ratings applied to movies. I mean, if you don't satisfy the members of MPAA, they'll stop being members. MPAA doesn't dictate, it serves. Think of the movie producing companies as the restaurant owner, MPAA as the waiter, and the ratings as "what's on the menu."

DeletedUser

I can't stand the IFCO (who rate stuff over here). They are far too strict, so I judge a film based on British censor's rating. We get theirs printed on our DVD cases (and they get ours), so it's easy to see what the film should be rated, and not what a 90-year-old conservative bishop thinks it should be.

DeletedUser

Germany also has incredibly strict rules on Movies and Videogames. Especially Videogames. Movies over there can't have too much blood, but Videogame can't have any blood it seems. They are limiting the compainies way to much, so in a sense, If the company wants to get out a 5 star bloody thriller of a game, they may have to bribe the controllers to allow it.

DeletedUser11019

bribed
the intertainment industry is full o them,
eg..if your in india and want to make a movie..its impossible....
unless you take a loan from the maffia,,who claim 65% of thr gross profits,and give you all access to make the movie,,ratings are up to them

DeletedUser

eg..if your in india and want to make a movie..its impossible....
unless you take a loan from the maffia,,who claim 65% of thr gross profits,and give you all access to make the movie,,ratings are up to them

who says that :O

DeletedUser11019

i worked on a few bollywood movies(the prince ) and(lucky)
was talking to the hindu crew there and they told me about it ,
and in south africa there is a huge bollywood comunity.

its the same as a beauty contest...rub the lamp correct and your wish will come true.

intertainment industry is a dodgy place
buy the dvd or rent it...dont download or steal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3717

It actually is all down to what the people who pass judgement on them think.

Bruno was going to get moved down to a 13 they were going to take out some scenes but reliased it would mess the whole movie up.

In my opinion just wait for the Dvd or use another method to watch it in the comfort of your own home.

DeletedUser

i worked on a few bollywood movies(the prince ) and(lucky)
was talking to the hindu crew there and they told me about it ,
and in south africa there is a huge bollywood comunity.

Right, so you worked on a few bollywood movies and cowrote a book. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, you're saying that in order to get a bollywood movie shown here in the U.S. people need to bribe. That's simply not true and I dare you to provide evidence. Bollywood movies are, for the most part, rather clean cut (compared to U.S. movies) and the MPAA imposes set rates for rating movies. Anyway, Bollywood movies are played in the U.S., but most of them are not in English, nor are Americans all that interested in watching dubbed or subtitled movies.

DeletedUser8950

I don't get how the second Indiana Jones is a PG iirc, seeing as it has some pretty disturbing stuff in it.

DeletedUser11019

the movie industry had its own idea about things,,,
they think people have evolved..
50 years ago gore and nudity was the issue...now its the must,,,,,
so naturally they lower the standards,,,to the publics demand

DeletedUser

the movie industry had its own idea about things,,,
they think people have evolved..
50 years ago gore and nudity was the issue...now its the must,,,,,
so naturally they lower the standards,,,to the publics demand

:rolleyes: Ever heard about the exploitation genre?
Gore and nudity still is an issue.

DeletedUser11019

yes it is the issue.

but some have different values than others.
where do we draw the line? how far is some one willing to go to get his movie on the big tv? what market is he/she aiming at?

its a ethics issue really..
coz kids will take a sneak peak at a pg18 movie anyway.....
but why lower the standard? for money? fame?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes it is the issue.

but some have different values than others.
where do we draw the line? how far is some one willing to go to get his movie on the big tv? what market is he/she aiming at?

its a ethics issue really..
coz kids will take a sneak peak at a pg18 movie anyway.....
but why lower the standard? for money? fame?

No, it is a issue, not the issue.

What in the world are you going on about anyways?

DeletedUser11019

why would someone bribe,,to lower a movie rating?
thats the topic....i would guess money...

DeletedUser

why would someone bribe,,to lower a movie rating?
thats the topic....i would guess money...

Answer; to earn more money.
It's so basic it's not even worth debating.

Further; I'm still wondering what you were rambling on about up there.
Please make an effort to make your posts atleast tolerable to read, or even better; format them so they are easily read and understood.