DeletedUser

The 2012 disaster. Your theories and opinions are welcome.
I think it's a conspiracy. I'd like to hear everyone elses point-of-view.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

It is a conspiracy, and there is nothing more to it. (It could almost be roughly comparable to Y2K.) The notion is based around the Mayan calendar, which operates in cycles of approximately 394 years using base-20 notation. On the December Solstice of 2012, the date progresses from 12.19.19.19.19 to 13.0.0.0.0, the start of a new b'ak'tun. The apocalyptic 'prophecy' comes from the myth that the world was created three times prior to "our world", and the last world was believed to have ended on the last 12.19.19.17.19 (August 3114 BC). Media propagandists and story tellers have fallaciously assumed or pretended that the world will again end on this date, contrary to the lack of evidence that this was ever believed by the Mayans, modern science and common sense.

DeletedUser

I don't even think modern day scientists can read the Mayan calendar.

DeletedUser29831

truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif

Diggo11

I don't even think modern day scientists can read the Mayan calendar.
Historians have not deciphered every unique Mayan hieroglyphic, however they have deciphered substantial amounts and are able to understand the Mayan calendar. Or, perhaps you could even ask these guys:

"The Maya calendar is a system of calendars and almanacs used in the Maya civilization of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, and in some modern Maya communities in highland Guatemala and Oaxaca, Mexico."
Wikipedia

DeletedUser

New years eve 2012/13 will hopefully be the best party ever.

About what and set up by who? :blink:

Yes... *adds to Illuminati/Reptilian evidence*

Set up by lazy scientists who found the Mayan calendar and thought of something for a film idea.

Like not ike, if you looked at the original post...:p

DeletedUser

Luckily the planet approaches 8 billion people :(! It seems a good majority can not live true a beautiful day without having to demean it with some lunacy. There's enough "theories" produced by these lunatics that every conceivable future day, be that tomorrow, the next day or any day next year, being deemed "Armageddon", "end of the universe" or "judgement day".
Just shut up and clean the toilet !

DeletedUser22685

Personally, I think the only way to describe it is a total load of crap. You shouldn't even need a solid argument to disprove something that has no solid argument to prove it in the first place.

Like not ike, if you looked ate the original post...:p
Mmm, nothing better than the taste of post
emoticon-0125-mmm.gif

DeletedUser

Mayan Calendar: The last Mayan cities were conquered by the Spanish in 1697, so that's pretty much when their world ended. As Diggo said, it's the end of a cycle, just as our main cycle ends every December 31. Do you go to a bookstore, see the calendars, and say, "omg, the world is ending December 31st!"

Solar system crossing the galactic plane: Complete crap. We don't know the exact location, but we're "north" of it and moving away from it, not towards it.

Betelgeuse supernova: Even if it DID go supernova 426 years ago and became visible in 2012, it would have no effect on Earth, but it could just as easily have another million years of life left.

Asteroid Toutatis: Will pass 5 million miles from Earth.

I could go on, but since the Mayan calendar is the entire basis for the date everyone uses, there's no point. There's nothing to debate. We might as well debate the existence of the tooth fairy.

DeletedUser

Mayan Calendar: The last Mayan cities were conquered by the Spanish in 1697, so that's pretty much when their world ended. As Diggo said, it's the end of a cycle, just as our main cycle ends every December 31. Do you go to a bookstore, see the calendars, and say, "omg, the world is ending December 31st!"

Solar system crossing the galactic plane: Complete crap. We don't know the exact location, but we're "north" of it and moving away from it, not towards it.

Betelgeuse supernova: Even if it DID go supernova 426 years ago and became visible in 2012, it would have no effect on Earth, but it could just as easily have another million years of life left.

Asteroid Toutatis: Will pass 5 million miles from Earth.

I could go on, but since the Mayan calendar is the entire basis for the date everyone uses, there's no point. There's nothing to debate. We might as well debate the existence of the tooth fairy.

Now i see why you are so wise.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think the only way to describe it is a total load of crap. You shouldn't even need a solid argument to disprove something that has no solid argument to prove it in the first place.

Mmm, nothing better than the taste of post
emoticon-0125-mmm.gif

I'm sorry, I wouldn't have done that if it was not for Nashy's post. Blame Nashy. The safest option is to always blame Nashy.

look at it, at not ate.

DeletedUser31389

There will be a solar maximum in 2012. If not the End Of The World it world certainly be pretty dangerous. I think it will destroy satellite communication and perhaps electric grid as well.

Betelguese Supurnova can be dangerous it can blow away the Ozone layer and tamper with earth's magnitic field.

DeletedUser

There will be a solar maximum in 2012. If not the End Of The World it world certainly be pretty dangerous. I think it will destroy satellite communication and perhaps electric grid as well.

It's an ~11-year cycle, this isn't a once in a million years thing.

Betelguese Supurnova can be dangerous it can blow away the Ozone layer and tamper with earth's magnitic field.

No, it can't. Don't believe everything you read in the supermarket checkout line.

DeletedUser16008

It's an ~11-year cycle, this isn't a once in a million years thing.

No, it can't. Don't believe everything you read in the supermarket checkout line.

Darn it i had just finished the bunker too :eek: