Votes: 102 32.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 212 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Kind of bias Gem that you put the arguments against but not the counter-arguments for.

I gave the opportunity for people to write up a positive side a long time before the thread was locked. They didn't, so it's not there. It's as simple as that. If someone wants to write one up, so be it. It's not going to get there just by clicking your fingers and calling be biased ;P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I gave a detailed outline which could have easily been slimmed down to a summary, which was logical, straight-forward, and included points regarding the practical usage of counter-tactics to hiding.

You deleted it. :)

DeletedUser

if it was amongst all the spam and flame, of course it got deleted. I didn't read every single post as most of it was flame. If you want to fish it out for me by all means I shall put it in the first post.

DeletedUser

This idea is dumb cause when there at your town you can just click on them and start dueling them... while they have to travel back to the town....

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Another approach to facilitating retaliation

An alternative way to facilitate retaliation would be to allow "camp at the door" -- you create a job that leaves you doing nothing (no health recovery, no energy recovery) from the moment you specify it until canceled, or until the wanted man in your hotel wakes up at which point you duel him.

To "camp at the door" you have to be in your town, and the wanted man has to be sleeping in your town's hotel. To begin camping you can't have any other jobs queued, and while you are camping, you can't add any other jobs. If you aren't around to queue a job after the duel, too bad, you'll be idle -- that's the price of camping at the door.

A side benefit could be forcing the dueler to contemplate paying for a more expensive room so that he'll be better recovered to take on the retaliatory strike(s).

To counterbalance this you might create an additional "job" for duelers -- "sneak away". The dueler gets to choose whether to equip himself for any retaliatory strikes, or to try to sneak away (hiding*2/horseback-riding/reflexes/vigor) to have a chance of slipping out the back and avoiding the strikes entirely.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I for one would like to see something done abt campers though dont know if this will help or not I still voted for it.

The plus side is all ya need to do to keep the whining campers off of you is remove all your gear let them KO you and then you dont have to put up with their BS. its one thing during awar but I have a worker on one world that never carries a weapon and wears nothing but working clothes and he has been repeatedly hit by the same person several times.

I am not meaning just 1 person but theres someone always comes along and decides to camp til im down. There really isnt much ya can do about idiots like that so I usually just take my gear off let them whack on me for a few hours til they ko me and then go about my business.

I have noticed it usually only happens when some low level dueller from some small town is trying to level up and get money. Very rarely has it been by what I would classify as a serious dueller as they usually hit once and move on. those guys I just send a nasty note abt hitting a weaponless worker then ignore them as its part of the game.

But something seriously does need to be done for the idiots that get their jollies just camping one person because their an easy target.

DeletedUser

they cant stay in a hotel forever if you really want them there is plenty of oportunity!:bandit:

DeletedUser

thats a terible idea, duelers have to duel low lvl duelers, and the worker/dueler can move, and it takes more than 15 minits for someone to react to the atak and read it

DeletedUser

I would dearly like to point out that if you're in the hotel for ACTUALLY NEEDING SLEEP you'll be in the hotel for eight hours. What is this huge fuss about 15 whole minutes for when it doesn't make it that much longer than its huge entirety of time anyway? In fact, they might even make it 15 minutes check in and 7:45 of sleep. And if you're in the hotel to avoid retaliation from the lynch mob of workers you annoyed I'd like to see you strung up anyway. Honest duelers shouldn't have anything to fear anyway and war duelers are at war, maybe they oughta work on building an army?

DeletedUser

As David Crocket pointed out - it does not solve the problem. I play various online games and in all of them the problem is the same eg: older players have higher ranks as they joined the game in its intial stages - and they prey on new players who don't have the extra items or skills etc. This is the reality of life. It does not add any fun to the lower players and you will soon find them leaving the game... Now I do see TRIBAL WARS being advertised - they have a very simple solution - allowing people only to attack people of same level or higher - WHY NOT HAVE A RAGE OF WHERE YOU CAN ATTACK IN -e.g. 5 levels down and 5 levels up from your own rank. If you do attack below your rank more than 3 times in 7 days - then you are forced to stay out of duel for 48 hours which currently happens when you die? So it still allows someone to prey on other ppl but there would be a consequence.

I would always say yes to prevent unfairness, but in this case the solution is not a cooldown period - as it was pointed out you have to travel to another persons town which can be 5 hours away and if he was online before you - you can never catch him and therefore the 15 min would be irrelavant.

Diggo11

Slywood this would solve the issue. Forget whatever Dazzy and Dee said, at the moment you have a matter of seconds to hit a camper. This system gives you 15 minutes to hit a camper, which is more than enough for a dedicated player. Simple as that.

Diggo11

they cant stay in a hotel forever if you really want them there is plenty of oportunity!:bandit:
You'd think so, but with Automation enabled you can queue up 32 hours of sleep constantly! And even without Premium you only need to log in twice a day to camp someone 24/7.

DeletedUser

If they are sleeping for 32 hours then they aren't hitting anyone in your town now are they? I thought we were talking about campers that duel/sleep/duel/sleep, basically going down the list of your town and causing havoc. If they are duel/sleep for 32 hours/duel/sleep for 32 hours then what is the problem?

Now if they are duel/sleep for 10-30 minutes/duel/sleep for 10-30 minutes then you can used delayed dueling.

Add 15 minutes on before they can check into the hotel they'll just sit there and continuously hit until they have to sleep. You still have to know your town is under attack, send a posse to their town to hit them, and wait for them to wake up again. By the time that happens they will be asleep in your hotel or on their way home so they can recoup their energy and health. Changes nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You'd think so, but with Automation enabled you can queue up 32 hours of sleep constantly! And even without Premium you only need to log in twice a day to camp someone 24/7.

I think that's why I seldom get challenged anymore. I log on a couple times a day to queue 16 hours of sleep, and do a job or two now and then if I'm in the mood. Just like in my other life, it's hard to catch me when I'm awake - unless I don't wake up in time to queue some sleep.

DeletedUser

:laugh:

And while they sleep, you continue to work, level up and surpass them in all skills.

Jees, toughen up man!

BTW:
If you can give me 5 completely different ones i'll change my vote. :D

I'm still waiting...........

Diggo11

Such a plan would escape any revenge duels and allow the camper to keep receiving experience.

5:30 - one duel
SLEEP
5:50 - one duel
SLEEP
6:10 - one duel
SLEEP
6:30 - one duel
SLEEP
6:50 - one duel
SLEEP
SLEEP
SLEEP

@ Dazzy - the dueller still levels easy as toast since duels require such short times. That argument is entirely flawed.

@ Dee - to queue 24 hours of sleep you need Automation, although if you really want to camp you can easily log in twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.