1.35 new features

• Thread starter DeletedUser1121
  • Start date

DeletedUser1121

There has been an update about the new features that will come with the next update (1.35)
The details can be found here:http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=620101&postcount=2

We would like you all to give your feedback, offer suggestions and ask questions in this thread.
We will try to answer all the questions, if we don't have the answer, we will forward your question and try to get an answer that way.

DeletedUser

So the poker rounds won't be a requirement? Or not at the beginning?
If so, I'm happy. I hate the poker now :p

The only thing what worries me are the nuggets. I hope it will be a reasonable price. Premium players may have some advantages, but not to much. If they can buy these steel boxes for 100 nuggets, the game ends here. So, I hope it will be worth it.

DeletedUser

So the poker rounds won't be a requirement? Or not at the beginning?
If so, I'm happy. I hate the poker now :p

They still are on Beta, and I agree with you. I like poker, but I have no interest in playing it in game.

DeletedUser363

I think its an interesting way of balancing fort fight rewards. Now at least adventurers can buy steel boxes at the shop. This whole new system should also hopefully boost the fort attendance on older worlds.

The activity reward system sounds like a good idea. It will definitely motivate me to complete the daily quests.

DeletedUser

I have to say: the one thing I always had liked about The-West, was that I did not necessarily need to be online a lot, while still able to progress (unlike games like Tribal Wars). I am afraid all the rewards for being active pushes the game in a direction that I cannot keep up with any more.

DeletedUser

I have to say: the one thing I always had liked about The-West, was that I did not necessarily need to be online a lot, while still able to progress (unlike games like Tribal Wars). I am afraid all the rewards for being active pushes the game in a direction that I cannot keep up with any more.

Crafting 3 items, doing 10 NPC duels, or doing 4 daily quests (esp if you have the products and the simple crafted product for Henry, plus 2 hour daily quest jobs will now be 1 hour, plus Henry has some for 15 mins) is hardly time consuming.

Crafting 3 items does kinda bug me though. I'll usually spend days gathering products before crafting anything and then doing a lot at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Will the chests now display drop chances for items or will that still be secret?

DeletedUser1121

it is curtently being worked on. parts of it have been rekeased on the beta. but we do not have a date when it would go to live worlds.

DeletedUser

Since there are a limit of 2k UPB, I assume the max value of any item in the UPS would be 2k, but would there be any circumstance where there would be items 2k+, which would require nuggets in addition to UPB?

DeletedUser

Since there are a limit of 2k UPB, I assume the max value of any item in the UPS would be 2k, but would there be any circumstance where there would be items 2k+, which would require nuggets in addition to UPB?

I don't think so. It would be a fair system. Premium players may have some advantages, but not to big ;)

So I expect that all items are available for every type of player.

DeletedUser

hmm regarding the NPCs duels what if your build is not for duel build then i guess it will be hard as you will be passed out every time u initiate 1 NPC duel Regarding crating for Henry quest each day you need 1 slice of cake roast turkey and gentleman's dinner for feild cooks blacksmiths will require sharpened weapons and in beta you have to play 20 rounds of poker which is just too much

DeletedUser

Crafting 3 items, doing 10 NPC duels, or doing 4 daily quests (esp if you have the products and the simple crafted product for Henry, plus 2 hour daily quest jobs will now be 1 hour, plus Henry has some for 15 mins) is hardly time consuming.

Crafting 3 items does kinda bug me though. I'll usually spend days gathering products before crafting anything and then doing a lot at once.
It depends. Currently I log in once (or at most twice) a day. Crafting, getting the products for crafting, plus walking to the daily quest giver, will simply not be possible for me logging in once a day. I guess that is with the focus on active - I am not active enough.

DeletedUser

It depends. Currently I log in once (or at most twice) a day. Crafting, getting the products for crafting, plus walking to the daily quest giver, will simply not be possible for me logging in once a day. I guess that is with the focus on active - I am not active enough.
The crafting part is easy. All you need is two products for the first of the profession's 3-part recipe, e.g. a field cook needs three tomatoes every two days, for three tomato puree and three tomato sauce in two days.

DeletedUser

I'm assuming the way fort battle rewards are calculated haven't changed, but getting three bonds per steel, plus two from attending and winning for a max of eleven would mean that it's possible under the current system to get three steels? Or am I missing something here?

DeletedUser

I'm assuming the way fort battle rewards are calculated haven't changed, but getting three bonds per steel, plus two from attending and winning for a max of eleven would mean that it's possible under the current system to get three steels? Or am I missing something here?

Of course it's not possible to get 3 steels. Multiple boxes haven't been possible for like a year.

DeletedUser

So that means that the method of rewarding people in fort battles is different. The question is what has changed?

DeletedUser

So that means that the method of rewarding people in fort battles is different. The question is what has changed?
Just changing the rewards and keeping the same system would hardly make them more balanced.