secondary class & dual skills

DeletedUser

Proposal
reward for achieving level 150: choose a secondary class for your character.

Current Workaround
continue to have only one class.

Details
as we all know there are presently 4 classes in the game, the adventurer, the worker, the dueler and the soldier. each character is able to become one of them when it achieves lvl 10. but what if we could pick a secondary class later on? only really, really later on. at level 150, the highest we can aim for, a target that requires a seriously insane exp grind.

once we hit lvl 150, a popup screen would appear: "Congratulations! You can now pick your secondary class." and we would have to make the decision. here I can't decide yet if we should be allowed to pick from 3 classes (the 3 we did not choose at lvl 10) or from all classes. in the second situation, if a player wished to become, let's say a worker / worker he would have its abilities doubled (a perm character premium, more or less. except the premium would still be applied over it). is it too dumb? :p I figured a soldier / soldier or a dueler / dueler can be a bit overpowered so.... maybe I would go with the option 1: pick from the other 3 classes only. therefore, the possible mixes would be as follow (primary class greened, secondary class oranged):

• adventurer / worker
  • adventurer / dueler
  • adventurer / soldier
  • worker / adventurer
  • worker / dueler
  • worker / soldier
  • dueler / adventurer
  • dueler / worker
  • dueler / soldier
  • soldier / adventurer
  • soldier / worker
  • soldier / dueler
-Secondary class picked!-
a tutorial would be presented to us, and maybe a new quest along with it, guiding us through the new bonuses from our secondary class, the new dual class skills (explained below) and the new NPC in the saloon (maybe a female so Diana would feel more confortable).
we could visit the new NPC to learn about our dual class skills and to change between primary and secondary class. (ex. a dueler / adventurer would visit it to change to adventurer / dueler)
so this means: we would only have one character bonus active at a time - the one from our current primary class.

What are dual class skills?
after we select our secondary class, we would be presented with an amount of new abilities that differ from each class mix. this has nothing to do with character bonus (as we already learned, those would only come from our current primary class), it is a different set of abilities gained after we make our "mix" class decision. so, the character bonus premium would not affect dual class skills.
some of these new abilities could be passive and shown on top right corner of the screen (passive skills keep the character company on all times, like the VIP bonus when a premium is activated) and others would be, of course, active and used only on certain situations.

to wrap it up, each "mix" would have 2 sets of dual class skills, depending on our current secondary class.

example:
a soldier / worker would have a passive of +25% salary from jobs, duels and fort battles, and an active of +5 defense bonus to self and all battle comrades in the same sector.
when changed primary class in the saloon, the new dual skills of the worker / soldier would be as passive an increase on maximum hp by 25% and as active a 50% chance of collecting "work tools" from fort battles (hammers, sledge hammers, iron bars, nails, toolboxes, wood, saws, etc).

please feel free to give your ideas with skills we could add here. :)

Abuse Prevention
allow the usage of dual class skills only on PvE and/or only against other dual class characters?

Visual Aids
feel free to add them if you wish to do so.

Summary
I've been wishing this for a while now, along with a "class reset potion" which is a whole different subject, and think it would be a dynamic, fun new improvement to the game. maybe the hardest goal on this game, which is the lvl 150 achievement, would be the right opportunity to insert it.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes, it does
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? I don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Yea good idea, you got my support. We really need something new in this game, and this is something good. Gives us that urge to race to level 150 really.

DeletedUser

I think a long time ago I proposed something like this, although it was kinda more based on duel-class rather than this method. It never went anywhere but I'd be happy to support this idea.

After hitting the 2 previous level caps I personally found, both times, that my interest in the the game trailed off. Something like this would almost certainly keep the long-timer player happy and hopefully, active.

DeletedUser36559

I like the whole concept of this innovative idea but the only problem is the soldier class will be even more overpowered in fort battles with an extra 25% HP increase and they have a better chance of obtaining items in fort battles than duelers, advents and workers.

DeletedUser

I appreciate all your responses so far, and the support on this. hopefully we can create something really nice to be presented to the devs. :)

I like the whole concept of this innovative idea but the only problem is the soldier class will be even more overpowered in fort battles with an extra 25% HP increase and they have a better chance of obtaining items in fort battles than duelers, advents and workers.

hey Micky. the part you refer to was only an example but I think you misunterstood the bulk of the idea. we would only benefit from one passive and one active dual class skill at a time, that would be defined based on current primary (P) / secondary (S) classes. in my example, I give as passive a 25% max hp bonus to a worker (P) / soldier (S), so you would be a worker with a 25% max hp bonus due to your secondary class (soldier); I also give it as active a chance of obtaining tools with that same combination (worker / soldier ). please feel free to ask if I didn't explain it that well.

and of course this was only an example we can craft and perfect. :)

DeletedUser36559

I appreciate all your responses so far, and the support on this. hopefully we can create something really nice to be presented to the devs. :)

hey Micky. the part you refer to was only an example but I think you misunterstood the bulk of the idea. we would only benefit from one passive and one active dual class skill at a time, that would be defined based on current primary (P) / secondary (S) classes. in my example, I give as passive a 25% max hp bonus to a worker (P) / soldier (S), so you would be a worker with a 25% max hp bonus due to your secondary class (soldier); I also give it as active a chance of obtaining tools with that same combination (worker / soldier ). please feel free to ask if I didn't explain it that well.

and of course this was only an example we can craft and perfect. :)

I understand it now yeah I think it's a great idea

DeletedUser35520

ive brought up this idea before, except as some have mentioned, to avoid over powering, i think the 2nd class should have a 25% of the main class attribute. So example a premium soldier might dodge after hit two 12.5% of the time. same idea with crits and HP bonus cause a 18k tank with full advent bonus is essentially a boulder and no one wants to play 100 rounds to compensate for that. but im still more in favor or an attribute selection process and eliminate classes all together since some perks are becoming obsolete. Tent (though costly) does eliminate the advent hotel bonus (for cheap players not wanting to spend 250). Items continue to have luck bonus, wage, and exp. Soldier's weapon level reduction only lasts for so long and now with level 1 rifles and weapons is really useless. Etc, but I agree that something does need to change and if its not the entire system itself, then would love a 2nd class option

DeletedUser30224

It doesn't have to be current class abilities, they can be completely new attributes that you can chose as a reward for reaching lvl 150. Current class-abilities could be in the list as well, but not the prime candidates for creating overpowering characters. Not a bad idea to leave the crit chance in the list, but quite terrible would be to leave HP or Ghost abilities. In essence it would mean that you do not chose another class, but you get to add new attributes to your current class, upgrading it so to speak.

Just to mention, if your class already owns that attribute, well, you can't pick it.

DeletedUser

after showing this thread to a friend, he brought up an interesting perspective that I hadn't think of. the character build could become a class build after we get our secondary class. in other words, we would have a set of atr/skills for our primary class, and another set of atr/skills for our secondary class.

I prefer my idea zd3no, but I don't think yours is bad either. I recall reading a similar suggestion, but don't remember the link nor if the idea ever got to the devs.

DeletedUser35746

To be honest, I'm not familiar with whole concept of "mixed classes". I think it may just bring more troubles than benefits and even if we can think of some of them and solve them, others appear again.

Here is the first which came to my mind:
It would bring difficulties to fort battles. You know what bonus the player on screen has with curent "single character" system. However, imagine that the player has bonuses of two different classes. In that case, you don't know what you can expect. For example, there are let's say three soldiers ready to block tower, then a leader know how long the block can last. But if some of them has "mixed class soldier/adventurer", the leader can't know it and it would cause impossible to predict anything in fort battles.

Moreover, I don't get why the richest premium players / the best players / the strongest players should get some game advantages and become stronger than other players who would have no chance to compete them.

DeletedUser34430

Let's see, beyond dual classes, soldiers are simply overpowered. They have always been the preferred selection of class and simply making a dual class puts further emphasis on this lamentably fearsome class (that would be the soldier). They really are far too powerful, as almost every top 10 player in each server is a soldier. That's because everyone is abundantly aware that they are superior in Fort Fighting and dueling. They essentially get a 50% boost in two different stats, both stats which befit dueling. What I'm alluding to is that a Soldier dueler is far more powerful than a Dueler dueler (hah, a denigration of the name "Dueler"). To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the developers removed bonuses from the dueler (i.e: the perception bonus or/and even lower critical hit chance to say, 8%) to supplant with a bonus. Let us consider that soldiers have 2 massive boni in dueling and duelers have none, duelers have however the ability to attack from 15 minutes radius. But as it sits, the dueler is veritably THE WORST class in the game. They couldn't even out-duel a soldier and a soldier could K.O. two duelers defensively before he/she would ever succumb thanks to HP. Sure soldiers don't duel as often as duelers (just like everyone else!), but that doesn't me they must be nurtured with an inimitable 50% boni upon two stats. So when soldier's buy stats, they make the most out of their money easily (NOT FAIR).

To recapitulate, duelers need a serious bonus to go toe-toe with the soldier (and frankly, every other class other than the soldier), because something is seriously wrong when duelers become fort fighters and soldiers are preferred in fort-fighting and dueling (without doubt). But, the enemy here has always been the absurd tactics bonus that the soldier has,

Bv

Red Falcon

Okay, so I've skimmed through the idea and apart from the dual-abilities, the idea sounds pretty good. It still needs a lot of work, though.

Some helpful suggestions...

1: As a person above me mentioned, instead of using already existing character class abilities, why not introduce all-new abilities?
2: Does this idea also cover crafting if one reaches 500 Crafting Points or the maximum amount? If so, please explain how you'd like to implement this.
3: If you can't think of any new class abilities and you feel you just have to use the existing class abilities, then why not dumb down those abilities and offer them at half their original power? Say for example, a worker who decides to become a soldier should only receive a 25% bonus to their Tactic Skill in dueling.

DeletedUser

Okay, so I've skimmed through the idea and apart from the dual-abilities, the idea sounds pretty good. It still needs a lot of work, though.

Some helpful suggestions...

1: As a person above me mentioned, instead of using already existing character class abilities, why not introduce all-new abilities?
2: Does this idea also cover crafting if one reaches 500 Crafting Points or the maximum amount? If so, please explain how you'd like to implement this.
3: If you can't think of any new class abilities and you feel you just have to use the existing class abilities, then why not dumb down those abilities and offer them at half their original power? Say for example, a worker who decides to become a soldier should only receive a 25% bonus to their Tactic Skill in dueling.

1. I was hoping to have a lot more feedback to work with on this, as it seems really exciting to me. I'm sure I can come up with some more ideas for new abilities if I put my mind to it, I just need the time for it.
2. The crafting skills wouldn't be included here, but see other idea I posted a while ago about this: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55235
3. That is not a bad idea at all...

bvccvb, it all depends on how you play. I'm sure some people will agree with you, others will say duelers are more OP, a few will say advents are OP maintaining towers and sectors, and workers have "dat tower bonus tho". each class has its own value over others, but yes, the overrating of hp has always been a thing in this game... still waiting for a nerf there.

DeletedUser34430

Mate, when a soldier uses a character medal, he gets double HP and double tactics. I do not see why people are so intractable in the sense that they want to divest soldiers from revision.

DeletedUser35733

I like this idea, even though I'll never reach 150! The secondary class should have half the advantages of the regular class

Red Falcon

Never say never...

I like this idea, even though I'll never reach 150! The secondary class should have half the advantages of the regular class

I'll admit reaching Level 150 takes a LONG time, but if you just continue playing every day, at least once a day, eventually, anybody can reach Level 150. And once they do, they'll have something to be proud of. On this note, I wish you the best of luck, my friend! ;)