Town storage

DeletedUser29835

Proposal
Town treasure for things. Products, weapons and things.

Current Workaround
So far when wanting to help your town , members/players have to keep holding things til someone in town needs it.

Details
I got two ways to do this. Either there is a choice in the market, like when your selling on town market, but instead its unlimited time.
But i think a new building just for it would be better. With levels to build. And each level allows the town to store more things in there.
Probably best if only available to hats to prevent visitors from cleaning out the storage.
Should work as the traveling merchant.
When putting things there the players get sell price back and when collecting things you pay buy price.

Abuse Prevention
It has to be sell price and buy price or if you got buy price setting things in too then you would benefit by selling things there.
Its not ment to make money in but to be able to keep products, weapons and clothes in town to help lower level members that start up.
Or to help town members get collector items

Summary
Well this is good for the builders too, will give them another building to build on.

:)

DeletedUser

I think the idea is great. It can be seen as one more shop in town, only this shop will get items from players

DeletedUser

Yes. I think it has been floated around a time or two before, but never actually formalized into an idea post.

DeletedUser33353

Love the idea....Hopefully it will get some positive reviews.

DeletedUser22493

I like the idea. Helping beginners is a great way to establish a social town environment. But how will the dev's look at it?
It's a somewhat grey zone that there, with helping your fellow town mates.
Pushing is against the rules, so where does the borderline go between pushing and helping?

Game rules:
§6) Pushing

Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash. Additionally, it is prohibited to create secondary accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.

So what is "inordinate"? And how will the dev's look at a feature that encourages "pushing" items? Even tho it's intended well, it's easily abusable.

DeletedUser

That's .net's rule, not The West's, just like we had the money transfer option disabled because of our pushing rule.

DeletedUser29628

The idea is awesome, and I would be really happy if this would be implented.

DeletedUser

I for one love this idea, having fixed prices (I mean sell for sales and buy for purchase price) then I think it is hard to argue that you are pushing...

I'm not too happy with limiting it to gray hats+ but other than being able to set the name of the buyer with black hats being able to change it or something I don't see a safe way to do it.

/Edlit

Red Falcon

Very cool idea! Now I want to know three things...

1: Does this building degrade (Like all the others will in the next version)? If so, then if the building degrades completely, will the items in storage be forever lost?

2: I know there are no town raids yet, but if this ever happens (Unfortunately) will the items stored in the town vault be safe or will they be stolen by townless thugs?

3: Can you place rare named items in there (Like Al's Eagle Belt and the Indian Belt)?

Last edited:

DeletedUser29835

I didnt think of that but ...
1. im not updated on the degrade thing so i dont know how that is supposed to work.
2. I guess maybe it can be raided for a specific amount, random products, so its up to the town members to save important things.
3. I ment for all items to be able to be stored there, including named items. That means all types of players will play an important roll, sense everyone is better suited to get diffrent things.

DeletedUser30224

I was writing a longer version , click show if you are interested ... but then again I can see some loopholes in that as well. (Player Jimmy might get andgry and buy all the items that are at sale price, quit town and sell them on open market, potentially making double the investment). So I will vote for this as it is :)
[spoil]I agree and disagree at the same time.

Let me explain why: If we making all this new building just with the sole purpose of helping lower lvl/poor town members, then really there is a much better way to do that: selling on market with town only option with a sale price unless it is a named item.

To refresh ourselves, Sale price is the low price, buy price is the high price.

So if Jimmy is asking tonny if he has a sharp tomahawk (4900 - 2450), then tonny will of course sell to jimmy at the sale price (2450). If Jimmy would be forced to always buy it at buy price, then surely he can get it already from the town's shops or market ... allot of time the market is offering similar if not same prices as the buy price. If you want to help Tony, you will take it out from the Town Storage and still sell it for Sale price on the market. It defeats the purpose to have it locked at buy price. Not to mention that Tony would rather sell his black bandana at buy price then at sale price to the traveling merchant (he's even make profit from lower members with buy price).
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

That's .net's rule, not The West's, just like we had the money transfer option disabled because of our pushing rule.
Umm, Elmyr, the pushing rule was supposed to be universal. If there's a West group that is not implementing it, then that needs to be brought to the attention of the project manager.

Returning to this, I can see a lot of potential abuse. If you can determine a way for abuse not to happen, maybe... but I can't.

DeletedUser

Maybe render all deposited items to become unauctionable? That way, no profit can be made.