Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yeah i took a whole 2 hours 7 minutes to find the new announcement :)
P.S @fbi Morthy has a "h" in it

Sorry about the spelling, perhaps the fact that i'm not native english speaker and perhaps the fact it's 2:24 am here is a bad thing and i could get patronized about that :p

Anyway, maybe these updates could get discussed first and then implemented. I know we all will live with them, as there is no way they will change them.

DeletedUser

For being a mod........

Well, I think I've said everything I can about this subject. I am sure more negative responses will follow!

You seem to have taken the road to negativity here, Why not take the high road? Your responses seem to be demeaning to those who don't agree with your opinion

Just my opinion

DeletedUser

Im going to hit treasure hunt at lvl 27ish on W4 what of it?

THAT is the whole point.. they DESIGNED(without enough design) the game so that the jobs should be gotten to MUCH later in the game ie: 100 skill point jobs in the 20's 200 skill point jobs in the 30's 300 in the 40's ETC.. yet they didn't design the jobs well enough to avoid people "power building" to a couple choice jobs way too early in the game

SO thusly they need to fix the SYSTEM not handicapp the worst job in the game.. which is THE BUILDER..... they are only trying to slow down town growth and this is NOT the way to do it

One Armed Ninja

You seem to have taken the road to negativity here, Why not take the high road? Your responses seem to be demeaning to those who don't agree with your opinion

Just my opinion

Well you see Gem know everything there is to know (so do i)
So why can't she demean people?

One Armed Ninja

THAT is the whole point.. they DESIGNED(without enough design) the game so that the jobs should be gotten to MUCH later in the game ie: 100 skill point jobs in the 20's 200 skill point jobs in the 30's 300 in the 40's ETC.. yet they didn't design the jobs well enough to avoid people "power building" to a couple choice jobs way too early in the game

SO thusly they need to fix the SYSTEM not handicapp the worst job in the game.. which is THE BUILDER..... they are only trying to slow down town growth and this is NOT the way to do it

Yes but the people who power build have access to a lot, lot, less jobs than those who don't (unless you are setting traps...)

DeletedUser

Just my opinion

I apologize, I can't see where I have taken negativity unless to point something out which I am asked to point out which is my job. I do try and stay positive which is why I am embracing this update - even when it does take a bit away from my builder account.

The reason I said there was nothing to say was because all my opinions had been posted. If you want to point out anything you thought was out of line please PM me and I shall fix as I see fit. :)

anyway, this thread is not about attitudes. It's about the update! Let's keep on topic!

DeletedUser

Yes but the people who power build have access to a lot, lot, less jobs than those who don't (unless you are setting traps...)

not really true either.. you just need to power build to your mid game job then backfill for your quest jobs ..... then you are also nearly to your 400 point jobs 10 or more levels before you should be there by game design!

DeletedUser

You miss the point

Well you see Gem know everything there is to know (so do i)
So why can't she demean people?

I don't agree with many things in this game and do not agree or think this a good "update" (taking great liberty with the word update here) more of a downgrade in my opinion.

That being said I try and articulate a well thought out and intelligent response seeing the good and bad. True in the real west you needed well rounded skills in many areas. So why not change to require or use 10-15 skills for a job? That would open up many more jobs and encourage building a more rounded player who was versatile and adaptable. If a person wishes to have a "pure" builder and spend their time building a town it isn't right to drop their productivity by 1/3 without some compensation for their expertise gained from previous building tasks. I don't know if you have ever built anything I am assuming you have. I can say for myself that the first time I framed a house I was slow and not much use, although after doing it for some time I got very proficient at it and my productivity increased greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And even with the injection of a lot more grey clothing in most jobs it's not really effecting the slowing of the game.. they need a top down redesign of the job structure to FIX the problem.. these bandaids are just serving to piss off the players

DeletedUser

violette, really, don't be that tough.
Let me tell you a little "why". I do pay premium. I pay it. So, your idea "leave if you don't like" means you are telling me to throw away the money i payed. And i did worked for those money, so i think there should be a more nicer attitude when it comes to the money. mine or others. Or the time me and others wasted here in this game.

I never said "leave if you don't like it". And it doesn't seem logical to me to suggest that you have thrown away money because the change has nothappened yet. Unless you've allocated nuggets for months in advance, you have and are reaping those benefits. None of which specifically relate to the building issue anyway.

Now, again you don't give a nice logical reason, you just say "go play on a brand new world and lose all the advantages" (hope i quoted you well now). Can't say more than it's a really illogical idea. So, we all should just shut up, not post anything, and start worshiping the developers just to please you? I am sure you can come out with a more reasonable idea.
This has been misunderstood. My point was actually that the concept of "levelling" (which was not my suggestion) was silly. The game is advanced and some people are ahead of others. No future update can change this. The "play on a new world" was simply to illustrate that that was the only way to achieve "levelling". Which, again, was not my suggestion.

"And get over the fact that some people might have had a bigger piece of the pie than you. That's just petty." See, that kind of idea is the one that doesn't look good. You assume people do think like you. And maybe, just maybe, they don't. Perhaps for some is a competition, for some is not. But you know, i bet for duelers it's a competition - they fight to win, not to lose - and for adventurers, soldiers, builders, it is too as they do quests and earn money to evolve.
I certainly agree that this game has a variety of ways of playing and different people have different goals. All I'm saying is that that particular horse has already left the stable. There isn't anything to be done on the older worlds about those people who got in earlier, when it was easier or those who made use of previous exploits. There just isn't and whether the devs make changes now or not, that won't change.

What does need to change for those who find the competitive element very important (and I like the competitive element) is the ranking system and, imo, citizen rotation. Personally, I think duelers are seriously disadvantaged and I'm strongly opposed to suggestions that they shouldn't be able to fight other classes.

Regardless of how different people play, I think it is nutty to want things to be different retrospectively. I'm pretty sure the devs don't have a DeLorean.

Might be competition for many, or maybe just fun, but surely there is no fun in having the rules changed over and over again, just for the game to last longer. We start playing poker and we are now playing darts. Soon, perhaps we'll have the game transforming into a nice check game.
And i am sure some people will complain, against your sweet and respectful offer to "suck it up"
I don't agree with those who suggest this change is to simply make the game last longer. I think it is about balance. And in future worlds, this is an improvement. (Even though it doesn't fix all the other imbalances, like those Talamare pointed out previously.)

I honestly can't see how changing 1 skill while leaving the main skill required unchanged has changed the game dramatically. Let's call it golf. You just got handicapped.

And yes, I'm sure people will complain about my "suck it up" which was actually sweetly exasperated rather than insulting (hard to convey in text) just as they will continue to complain about now needing to move all their skills around even though their builds remain optimal. Some people react negatively to change as a matter of course, without thinking, and perhaps it should be them you criticise for illogic.

My logic is simple. This is about the future of the game. And we can't change the past. Blaming previous imbalances on a future change is completely irrational.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My logic is simple. This is about the future of the game. And you can't change the past. Blaming previous imbalances on a future change is completely irrational.

I agree with you. You can't change the past. And you shouldn't (you being general, not you in particular). So they shouldn't change the old worlds as they are as they are. Implement new changes in new worlds. May the players join those worlds if they like them. But will be the players' choice. Now, we that play changing worlds, we have no choice

DeletedUser

I agree with you. You can't change the past. And you shouldn't (you being general, not you in particular). So they shouldn't change the old worlds as they are as they are. Implement new changes in new worlds. May the players join those worlds if they like them. But will be the players' choice. Now, we that play changing worlds, we have no choice

What is the point of leaving the old worlds as they are when the result of imbalance is already present and will remain whether this change is made or not? Updating doesn't fix it and not updating doesn't fix it. So what would be the point of the devs maintaing separate programming? Which is an unreasonable expectation in the first place.

DeletedUser

What is the point of leaving the old worlds as they are when the result of imbalance is already present and will remain whether this change is made or not? Updating doesn't fix it and not updating doesn't fix it. So what would be the point of the devs maintaing separate programming? Which is an unreasonable expectation in the first place.

The point is that all players have made their strategy based on how the world was created when they joined. And simply changing all and dismissing that strategy is unfair.
Imbalance? it is made worse, just look at maxed towns who will not be affected and then at smaller towns who will have harder time to upgrade.
What's the point of updating if the problems that do exists aren't fixed?

DeletedUser

The point is that all players have made their strategy based on how the world was created when they joined. And simply changing all and dismissing that strategy is unfair.

Except for the fact that no strategy (ie, putting your skills into construction) needs to be changed. I repeat: that build remains optimal.

Imbalance? it is made worse, just look at maxed towns who will not be affected and then at smaller towns who will have harder time to upgrade.
What's the point of updating if the problems that do exists aren't fixed?

Didn't you just agree that you can't change the past? The maxed towns are maxed so I say again, sweetly... Suck it up. Building a little more slowly makes no difference. We'll all end up with the same score anyway.

DeletedUser8117

Ugh... Can you at least give builders the ability to reset some of their stats for free? Most of my points have been put into construction :(

How about only applying this to newer worlds o_O?

DeletedUser5046

you may use the shaman thing to reset your stat...

and i dunno if applying tis to the coming worlds would make any difference instead of people rushing their way to make the first town in those worlds..

Status
Not open for further replies.