Vote to kick (adventurers)

DeletedUser36559

Idea title: There should be a vote to kick option in adventurers where if we left click on a player a option which says 'vote to kick' should be there.

Details of idea: There are times in adventurers where all your teammates are doing their absolute best trying to win as many points as possible but there are simply some people who completely disregard orders or purposefully do nothing in the entire game to let their friends win on the opposite team. All the players in the same ( excluding afk/connection lost players) team have to vote kick the person for him to be kicked out so it doesn't turn into a game of abuse.

Visual Aid: None needed

Reasons for submitting: People who don't obey orders are not needed because they are more likely going to make their own team lose than win. Fair enough if there isn't much time and they want to mess about but trying to 'do their own thing' right from the start can be annoying to others who are trying to play properly. I've recently played with someone who purposefully hid behind a building for 3 games in a row that I've played with him so he can let the other team win. Not only was he simply standing there he was verbally abusing other players in the adventure chat.

I would like this idea to be implemented so those who try to verbally abuse others/ disobey orders or simply stand there and do nothing the entire time don't need to be there because the team is most likely going to lose and they shouldn't receive any veteran points aswell once they are kicked out. Yes I know for an adventure game we need all guns but I'd rather get 150 veteran points than for someone to keep verbally abusing 2 other players only for the 2 other players to quit adventurers because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't really see this as a workable idea. While sometimes it can be frustrating when things are not going as planned or the team cannot agree on a plan and are doing two or three things instead of working together. All that kicking a player out would do is leave the team a man short, which still does not help the team.

It is also open to abuse. I don't want to see kick-out wars starting in chat as so and so kicked me out last time so now that I'm on his team this time I'll purposely friendly fire him.

delldell56

hmmm mickey. i just played my first 2 adventures today and i must say it's really confusing for first timers. maybe when you play a lot, you get the knack of it. in my first, i got disconnected twice due to inactivity. it wasn't my fault, as i was trying hard to do something, anything. while i was connected, i didn't do much either. my point being, maybe those players aren't intentionally trying to make their team lose but understand what they are doing and how to do it. heck, i didn't even know who my team mates were!

in my second adventure, i got some more help (thanks, lucky dan!) but it didn't make me understand what i was doing. i limited to do what he was telling me to do...and only when i knew how to do it within the time left to do it (i.e. "stay where you are, don't move!", "move to the other side, you can hurt us in friendly fire", etc.). he tried something more complicated ("you see that? ren is blocking. nobody can pass him there") and i have no idea what that means for this! :p

DeletedUser33353

No to this idea......everyone needs to be newbie once. Be it adventures, forting, dueling. You start this kicking thing, you will deter peeps from participating.

DeletedUser36011

No to this idea......everyone needs to be newbie once. Be it adventures, forting, dueling. You start this kicking thing, you will deter peeps from participating.

100% agree. The only thing that is possible is maybe have the ability to make a list of 5 people who you do not wish to play with and have that implemented. This is far more inclusive than the current proposal.

DeletedUser

If that happens, people will start to gangbang on anyone they don´t like... it doesn´t matter if he is playing well or not. Just for some stupid reason 2 persons can kick out other. Since everyone that gets opted out for any reason will not get VP or be choosable to get a loot chest, that would be a option to get perks and bullies to make options on kicking someone that is on there side just for there pleasure.
People will need to learn the basics (yeah it´s a bit hard more for youngesters that want to win the game in a blink of an eye and don´t know strategy or start to check the options that can be worked out) and after some plays, will get the hang of it.

Deleted User - 3853873

I like the idea of how ignore works in game have your own personal list that you can put that player on and you wont be que'd with them.so the one that is just running around doing nothing on purpose sooner or later will be on everyones ignore list and wont get in anymore.I also like mickys idea but dont think it will work cause the game is to fast and doesnt last long enough like other pvp game where you kick a person and someone else enters you still have a chance.I feel what micky is saying tho if I could name a name of a couple that just enter the game dont even try to win they just act like pure aholes even shooting at thier own team mates.they should be banned from the game.they are not noobs trying to learn.if a person is new and learning just about everyone tries to help them.we have some people that are just jerks no matter what thats what the internet breeds lol.big fat moma boys or crazy women seting behind a pc yelling stupid crap acting 20 years younger than thier age to make them selves feel like they are worth something lol,those are the ones that need banned from playing with others and sent to a corner.

Deleted User - 3853873

if thats a bug asdf124 you need post it in bug forum and explain the bug so they can look at it and respond to it.prob wont help fix the bug if posted here,not sure if they look here.this forum is ideas and brainfarts lol,like what this forum is named lol

DeletedUser

I'm not a 100% yes with Micky's idea but not a 100% no either. Something has to be implemented. It's not about the the team not agreeing on a battle-plan, or things not working your way, or players shooting 1v1 when the experienced player is asking to 2v1 and kill them, or even a new player trying to learn the ropes.
This is to stop people who have played many times and know how this works but would still like to stand in the middle of nowhere while the opposite team wins buildings rather than standing on the building tiles. 150 VPs??? I've had the "pleasure" of getting 50 VPs in a 5v5 that lasted 18 minutes because 2 people in our team were apparently allergic to the mill and wanted to just shoot at people on the opposite corner of the map without listening to experienced players that you cannot shoot through objects while the opposite team's 5 active players just focused on the 3 who were trying to take back the buildings.
If this happens once in a while, you move on. But when you lose 4 out of 5 games not due to opponent team's better strategy/team work but because someone in your team wants to play a solo game, you don't want to play adventures any more.

My suggestion: If 2 out of 3, or 2 out of 4, or 3 out of 5 people in a team agree, the match can be flagged for a moderator to see and if the moderator feels that a player's behaviour (including language) is to the detriment of a team play game, then some kind of temporary ban or penalty (like 0 VPs) can be imposed on the player.

DeletedUser30224

My suggestion: If 2 out of 3, or 2 out of 4, or 3 out of 5 people in a team agree, the match can be flagged for a moderator to see and if the moderator feels that a player's behaviour (including language) is to the detriment of a team play game, then some kind of temporary ban or penalty (like 0 VPs) can be imposed on the player.

Moderators should not influence game play unless abuse is happening. I still can't believe there are people who purposefully want to lose the game. I didn't play many adventures, maybe 10 but I never seen people wanting to lose. We did not win even half of those adventures, but it doesn't matter as long as we had fun at it. Of course we wanted to win, the other team just bested us.
Now I heard that people are shouting abuse on other players, and if you come across that, you can report them, but as I said, moderators should not police how people play their adventures.

DeletedUser

I've played almost 100 adventures now Zd. I don't why those people do it or what they are thinking, but they do it. Either they don't grasp the idea and their team is losing because they are staying away from buildings, or they think they get more points for shooting and killing instead of winning. Of course it is possible that they simply don't care.

DeletedUser36559

Agree with ishubagaria, I seriously have no idea why people purposefully try to avoid buildings and simply try and kill anyone they see/ do nothing. It's happened to me several times in some games I've played.

DeletedUser

It's all fun and happiness now but once the outlaw set starts getting common in markets, a lot of people won't bother playing.

DeletedUser30224

It's all fun and happiness now but once the outlaw set starts getting common in markets, a lot of people won't bother playing.
Agree. I was just thinking that the other day. Maybe they will play for points, the outlaw's items also can be sold at near cost so that's extra cash plus you can buy potions of experience with veteran points. I do not think it will die, but I believe the main motivation as it is now are the sets.

DeletedUser

The loot chests give me enough potions of minor wisdom. I do not wish to buy them using VPs. :p

The fun part should be an equal motivator along with VPs. Like how people who have a lot of bonds go to FFs for fun. But if fun turns to frustration as the other regular adventurers tell me, people would rather wait and pay for those sets on market than even try to get them from loot chests.

Deleted User - 3853873

I have played many battles now prob 200 lol,so yes I do like the game and the new stuff we get no complaints there,think its innos best looking set so far.My biggest pet peeve and makes me turn off the game at night is seams like there is always someone out of the team that thinks this is a solo game.just about everyone knows if your red 1 to saloon rest mill or blue 1 bank rest to mill,just common sense you take building by your grave yard since closest spawn point.but like I said most games there is always a solo player that has to leave your top priorty building and go for 3 buildings,lol sometimes they dont even wait for it to cap and your losing a point a round cause they couldnt wait to go gung ho and try for another building.2 buildings win this game for you and you cant get that thru peoples heads., Let me explain I am not talking tatics,I can see when a team is working together than yes sometimes you do that to pull the other team away from the mill as like a decoy.or you have the buildings under control then you go for that extra building.but what I am talking about is the solo guy who just takes off on his own doing his own thing and makes you have to fight to keep the match close and lot times you lose by 1 or more points cause they had to take off for that 3rd building,which by the way doesnt give you a damn thing extra for geting 3 buildings. Thats what makes me totaly mad lol,you have 4 people trying to get a win and one person can just mess it up for the other 4 by not playing with others.One more thing then my rant is done,let me be sure you know I am not talking about new peeps or people that dont understand the game,I have seen some the same people do this every time they play and they know how to play but just have to go for it and cost there team mates a win by being selfish.I keep my mouth shut and play with these peeps but gringe at the thought every time i see thier name in my team, knowing that that battle is probaly going to be a loss.

asdf124

if thats a bug asdf124 you need post it in bug forum and explain the bug so they can look at it and respond to it.prob wont help fix the bug if posted here,not sure if they look here.this forum is ideas and brainfarts lol,like what this forum is named lol

Yes please if on request by the players themselves like if they wanted to be kicked out due to bugs like these though:http://imgur.com/VtQ3ZCW

Please pay attention to the bold sentence.

It is due to such bugs that peeps might lose and it takes time to find bugs.

It is highly unexpected to know what bug will be in any game you make unless you suddenly remember the code you mistakenly entered which gave you that it might have a bad effect on the game itself.

It is a new game so, bugs will appear in time. If new bugs show up, and peeps want to be kicked due to such bugs, what shall you do with your team?

MFRavenhawk

Now I heard that people are shouting abuse on other players, and if you come across that, you can report them, but as I said, moderators should not police how people play their adventures.

Unfortunately, the adventure chat doesnt have the report buttons, let alone the ignore tabs that normal game chat does. As such, it is harder to separate and still play the adventures.

Give us these options, and perhaps those folks who are being abusive can be properly reported/ignored.

Another thing to consider in the adventure chats is an increased amount of time before it starts to discuss strategy (similar to the 5 minute lead in time given at fort fights, but wholly unneeded there). The 2 minutes we have when dealing with folks unfamiliar with the adventures, or simply unknown to each other, isnt enough for this.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3853873

I wish adventurer chat did have a report bug for abusive players lol.that way when they say some the crap they do to new people or just being a jerk to team mates you could report and then they could look into it and maybe ban some of these people ruining the new game for others.