New job times: good or derptastic?

DeletedUser

The general 2.0 thread is ridiculously long, and the job time thing seems worth talking about. So far I'm not a fan.

It used to be that no matter what job you were doing, you could queue up 3 hours worth of it and walk away. Now every job has a fixed increment, some of them only a few minutes, and you can still only queue up 3 of them, which means having to come back and queue more of them every several minutes in some cases.

The update notes say:
The biggest benefit of the new job system is that it fits for players who like to play actively as well as for those who don't want to be bound to the game constantly.

But this is silly. If you're trying to do quests or craft, you don't get to pick what job to do according to your playstyle -- you have to do the job that the thing requires.

Of course, the answer (and I'm cynically guessing the real motivation for the change, not this "cater to all playstyles" malarkey) is to buy some nuggets so you can get the Automation perk and queue more stuff up...

:rolleyes:

delldell56

well, when you have a real life and you're busy with it, like i am now, you only have time to log in 2-3 times a day, queue a few jobs and a nap in the morning or noon, log out, then log in again at night to do the same and also finish your dailies.

this is why i kept playing the west, and quit tribal wars and grepolis after two weeks.

my game style is "quester", and i was getting ready to attack fate of the cunninghams. i guess i can forget it now, because i'll never get the products for the list with the new job times. i will also forget about crafting.

DeletedUser

Of course, the answer (and I'm cynically guessing the real motivation for the change, not this "cater to all playstyles" malarkey) is to buy some nuggets so you can get the Automation perk and queue more stuff up...

:rolleyes:

Surely not!

Of course this is the case and it will be very short lived, this must be the quickest way to bore people to death, constant mouse clicking.

DeletedUser16008

You can que up 4 jobs a time ... so thats 8 mins on minor jobs ... only going to be either standing about until you log in again or go sleep on the 4th one ... id suggest the latter then youll have full energy and be a happy camper rather than just have 85 or so when you get home from work 8 hrs later or maybe even ko if a meanie comes a knocking. Of course that wont happen for long as the duel xp is ridiculous and youll be out of their range very soon... unless you are highish in duel lvl already then you have a problem..

DeletedUser30417

If Inno's goal is to have players use Automation then they might accomplish the opposite. Personally i have been using Automation for months alongside the other Premium options, but I have disabled them out of anger over version 2 and Inno's refusal to acknowledge endless complaints about the new version in the various forums.

DeletedUser

If i'm only allowed to work jobs for 5 mins at a time etc. then i'm quitting, full stop. I've been playing this game more or less from the start & there's no way i'm logging in every 15-20 minutes just to queue more jobs up.

DeletedUser34969

These job times are crap.

I don't like the jobs times. I'm in the middle of the quest and I don't know how long I have to do a job in order to satisfy the quest.

Example. The quest says a certain job requires 0/24. 24 what? 24 hours, 24 minutes, what?

Then I get to the job and it will only let me do it for 5 minutes! Thats crazy. Why can't I do a job for 2 hours any more. I don't have time to log in every 20 minutes.

I like setting up as many hours as I can and then come back is 6 hours and do it again. Fix these job times because i want and need to do a job for 2 hours. If I'm not doing a quest then I like to set the max number of hours to do jobs to get money and drops. You can't do that with this job times system.

Everything looks nice but this job times is a big one for me. I've been in this game a long time, for years, and I will probably quit.

Btw. I'm not a noobie, I just have never used the forum until now. I'm maxed at level 120 and have been in this game from the start. Sorry but thats the way it is. Thanks.

DeletedUser34969

These job times are crap.

I don't like the jobs times. I'm in the middle of the quest and I don't know how long I have to do a job in order to satisfy the quest.

Example. The quest says a certain job requires 0/24. 24 what? 24 hours, 24 minutes, what?

Then I get to the job and it will only let me do it for 5 minutes! Thats crazy. Why can't I do a job for 2 hours any more. I don't have time to log in every 20 minutes.

I like setting up as many hours as I can and then come back is 6 hours and do it again. Fix these job times because i want and need to do a job for 2 hours. If I'm not doing a quest then I like to set the max number of hours to do jobs to get money and drops. You can't do that with this job times system.

Everything looks nice but this job times is a big one for me. I've been in this game a long time, for years, and I will probably quit.

Btw. I'm not a noobie, I just have never used the forum until now. I'm maxed at level 120 and have been in this game from the start. Sorry but thats the way it is. Thanks.

Ok, so I did the job 12 times which should be 1 hour according to my watch. I go back to the quest giver to check if the (0/24) thing had changed. It didn't!

If that 24 indicates that I have to do the job 24 times then how come the indicator didn't say (12/24) If the 24 indicates 24 hours and I did it for an hour how come it doesn't say 1/24.

Actually, now that I think about it, I only did the job 10 times because I didn't feel like having to keep on logging in to get to an hour of job time doing it ONLY 5 minutes at a time!

This is bull. After all these years I quit... This being able to do a job any job for only 5 minutes is bull.:mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser34969

If i'm only allowed to work jobs for 5 mins at a time etc. then i'm quitting, full stop. I've been playing this game more or less from the start & there's no way i'm logging in every 15-20 minutes just to queue more jobs up.

I've been in this game from the beginning too and I can not and will not log in every 20 minutes to queue up 4, 5 minute jobs either. I'm with you sheriff. I will be quitting too.

This game will be losing a LOT of long time players I think. :censored:

DeletedUser

I hate it. It feels like it's going to make daily quests far too much of my activity, even on worlds where I already have my camel (which is most of them). A versatile build (which Inno sounded like they were encouraging) used to mean averaging a couple 15 minute dailies per day. Now far too many of those formerly 15 minute saloon dailies are now 90 minute saloon dailies.

DeletedUser34781

Maybe we all need to go on the german servers and display our feelings about it because they certainly don't care about the .net ones opinions on the job times.

Only the higher players who have option to choose 1 or 2 hour jobs will be ok...but then randomly doing nearest 1,2 hours jobs even if don't need those products is looking more likely.

DeletedUser34969

I'm not going on any german servers. If they don't care then neither do I.

The only reason why I'm doing 5 min. jobs is because I'm level 120 and theres not much to do once you get to level 120. So I have gone back and am completing some quests that I didn't finish before.

Before in the other version of the game i would queue up 6 hours (3x2 hours) of jobs and then come back when they were finished and either queue up more to meet the requirement or move on to the next part of the quest. Or I would log in to just get some money or dropped items if i wasn't working on a quest at the time. Now you can't do that.

Sure it gives you 4 queue slots but since you can "only" do 5 minute jobs thats 20 minutes total and trying to get the item needed is NOT going to happen in 5 mins.

I CAN NOT spend all day on this game and keep queuing up the numbers of 5 min jobs that will be necessary to meet the quest requirement. I may only be able to log in 2 times per day. That was fine before so why in the world would they change the game so drastically that it totally makes it unplayable or at the least very hard to play for many people.

To the owners and developers of this game I say this. Change back the jobs to the way it was BEFORE because "YOU HAVE RUINED THE VERY BASIC CORE OF WHAT ONCE MADE THIS GAME GOOD" and worth coming back to... Thats what I say.

I know you don't care but players like me will quit this game...

DeletedUser

Some of the times, especially the ones with 2 minutes or less are real pain, but overall I'd say its not that bad, its just that now you can't just log in for 1 minute, que up 3 jobs for 3 hours and pretty much your whole energy and forget about it.

You'd actually need to be logged for 5-10 minutes on fast jobs and then log in in about an hour or two for medium jobs that are from 5 minutes up until 30 minutes.

I did like the old jobs system more, but I think the overall design and features in 2.0 are way better than the old west.

You can easily find the product in question and place, it automatically finds the best gear for the job, towns look way better, the way products are placed in groups of 5 also helps and reduces the travel time, especially if you are ought to gain money or experience, instead of finishing quests.

The UI is way better, the map is way better, so overall the experience is a lot better.

DeletedUser34969

Some of the times, especially the ones with 2 minutes or less are real pain, but overall I'd say its not that bad, its just that now you can't just log in for 1 minute, que up 3 jobs for 3 hours and pretty much your whole energy and forget about it.

Thats all well and good if there was something else for you to do while you are waiting for 5 minute queued up jobs to run out. There is nothing else to do. I don't have the time to stay on line in this game all day long to do something that once took me 1 minute and that now will take all day long to do. I give up. This game has turned in to a nightmare.

Deleted User - 1278415

15 sec jobs??!?! I couldnt believe coffee grinding is 15 secs

DeletedUser10045

I am just wondering if sufficient thought has been given to those jobs that, with the correct product equiped, gives you a "special" drop.

For example, The Myth, http://tw-db.info/?strana=quest&serie=qs_68

With the job set to 5 minutes, and the drop only available between 13h00-14h00 server time, do you have to queue 12 x 5 minutes for the unpolished glass?

I only managed 6 and all i found was 1 x spade :hmf:

DeletedUser

I wrote this in the other thread too, but here goes: Work instructions need a change. As pointed out some quests require the job to be done up to 24 times. Instructions last for 5 times, wich clearly favors jobs that take longer.

Other than that, I actually feel like the new job times aren't that bad. If I'm at the computer I do shorter jobs, and before leaving i que up the longer ones.

DeletedUser

I agree with everything Blackbeard said. I have been playing for 3 or 4 years and have loved this game. I only log in once or maybe twice a day and the 1 hour jobs, while not perfect, were much much better than the new system. I am saying this now, I will give innogames 4 months to change this ridiculous jobs system and if they dont, I am quitting cold turkey and never looking back. The rest of version 2.0, while annoying, is tolerable and im sure I will get used to it quickly.