Balancing the Shamun - Poll requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Of course the players love it. shaman resets 5x faster for att in this idea. Question is, how will the suits upstairs like a feature that will lower their "placate shaman" income? Hell, I need the idea right now, I guess I'm just pessimistic by nature..
There is no Placate Shamun feature available in World 1, as it is a classic World

DeletedUser

I would like to request a Poll please, to put this to a vote

I recently used the Shamun to redistribute some Attributes and discovered the inequitability below

Skills cost $50 each to use and recover at $10 a day, which is 20% of the cost to use them and takes 5 days to reset
Attributes cost $250 each to use and also recover at $10 per day, which is 4% of the cost to use them and takes 25 days to reset
I assumed that the Attributes recovered at $50 a day being the same 20% as the Skills
I was horrified to find that based on current cost, that it will take 440 days to zero the Attributes
This is totally unfair and unacceptable in my opinion and needs to be addressed

I was informed by the Community Manager that that's the way it has always been

I propose that a change needs to be made to make the use of Attributes redistribution realistic

Should the Attribute recover at $10 a day
Should the Attributes recover at $50 a day, to bring them inline with the Skill recovery costs

I agree as well that is definitely unfair.

DeletedUser22493

I doubt this idea is gonna sit well with guys upstairs.

But taken into consideration that the game is built to force players to respec sooner or later, there should be an alternative to the Shaman. Especially in the non prem worlds.

DeletedUser

Actually...
The cost of respec was made for old worlds where jobs lasted 2 hours. There was no placate shaman premium back then and the game was created to make sure you can't be jack of all trades on only one world. Solving all quests, then duel, then fortfight, then back onto a new update quest, then some more dueling - that wasn't planned to be (easily) possible. And then devs got the strange idea to add skill reset, but the community said no on it. Before I thought it's rediculous not to have that premium, today I say that placate shaman premium should be removed from the game or it's price should at least be tripled - it made the game worse.

Since new worlds have 1 hour jobs it means more time to work and more ingame cash to earn. Because of this, the basic recovery on all worlds, except world 1, should get lowered. And not raised as suggested here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

Actually...
The cost of respec was made for old worlds where jobs lasted 2 hours. There was no placate shaman premium back then and the game was created to make sure you can't be jack of all trades on only one world. Solving all quests, then duel, then fortfight, then back onto a new update quest, then some more dueling - that wasn't planned to be (easily) possible. And then devs got the strange idea to add skill reset, but the community said no on it. Before I thought it's rediculous not to have that premium, today I say that placate shaman premium should be removed from the game or it's price should at least be tripled - it made the game worse.

Since new worlds have 1 hour jobs it means more time to work and more ingame cash to earn. Because of this, the basic recovery on all worlds, except world 1, should get lowered. And not raised as suggested here.

ditto, agreed,
1-it is already too cheap to respec.
2-there is no unfairness between SPs and APs so that argument doesnt stand either.

DeletedUser13291

I agree with Iceman, and I'd like to have a faster recover time.

DeletedUser563

Even though an ap equal 5 sps it still not a sp as you cant move the ap-sp to another sp right. So arguing that it equals 5 sps and therefore should take 5 days to reset the same value as a sp might sound clever on paper but definitely in world is just plainly the opposite. For example the animal spirits quest requires a lot of ap respeccing. I have completed 3 on world 1. So lets take out our calculators. It takes me 10k to move 5 ap's because of this quest(constant ap respeccing) so the first ap cost me 2000 .. 2050 .. 2100.. 2150.. 2200. Next day it gets reduced by 10 so its 2190 then lol.... so lets go again 2190.. 2240...2290..2340..2390... day 3
10 reduction so 2380...2330..2380..2430...2480... Well I actually only manage about 3 - 5 k a day. So in short each day my ap reset goes up with 250 minus 10. In 4 days with 1000. I will have 144 Aps to move around in a few weeks when I reach level 120 so a 50 reduction sounds a lot better to me than a 10 reduction a day. Arguing so vehemently about a mere 50 reduction I dont get just say yes great idea and lets pass this "gold type" idea.

And lets clarify some concepts for you that dont pay attention 1. There is no placate shaman in world 1 . 2. This is the ideas forum for players in the .net worlds not for the managers of innogames and neither for the developers. The argument that Innogames wont pass the idea is irrelevant. By the time it gets to Innogames it is out of our hands until then it is 100% in the players hands. If you wanna put the thinking caps on of Innogames break your piggy bank(yes we know you still have one) take the 10 million euro you have saved in this piggy bank and buy Innogames. Now put on Innogames thinking cap and say "Hans eish I dont know about thiz 50 ap reduction a day" Else give us only your pure opinion as a player.

DeletedUser

Maybe w1 needs a bigger poll on whether they want to go enhanced premium and 1 hour jobs. Didn't the first interstitial they did on Beta have a poll? Maybe they could do something like that for an in game poll on w1 instead of relying on a forums poll.

DeletedUser9470

Even though an ap equal 5 sps it still not a sp as you cant move the ap-sp to another sp right. So arguing that it equals 5 sps and therefore should take 5 days to reset the same value as a sp might sound clever on paper but definitely in world is just plainly the opposite. For example the animal spirits quest requires a lot of ap respeccing. I have completed 3 on world 1. So lets take out our calculators. It takes me 10k to move 5 ap's because of this quest(constant ap respeccing) so the first ap cost me 2000 .. 2050 .. 2100.. 2150.. 2200. Next day it gets reduced by 10 so its 2190 then lol.... so lets go again 2190.. 2240...2290..2340..2390... day 3
10 reduction so 2380...2330..2380..2430...2480... Well I actually only manage about 3 - 5 k a day. So in short each day my ap reset goes up with 250 minus 10. In 4 days with 1000. Arguing so vehemently about a mere 50 reduction I dont get just say yes great idea and lets pass this "gold type" idea.

And lets clarify some concepts for you that dont pay attention 1. There is no placate shaman in world 1 . 2. This is the ideas forum for players in the .net worlds not for the managers of innogames and neither for the developers. The argument that Innogames wont pass the idea is irrelevant. By the time it gets to Innogames it is out of our hands until then it is 100% in the players hands. If you wanna put the thinking caps on of Innogames break your piggy bank(yes we know you still have one) take the 10 million euro you have saved in this piggy bank and buy Innogames. Now put on Innogames thinking cap and say "Hans eish I dont know about thiz 50 ap reduction a day" Else give us only your pure opinion as a player.

so basically what you are saying is that you are finding it a bit costly to do a quest, so you want devs to make it a bit more easier for you?
moving 5 sps costs $400
moving 1 attribute costs $250

quite normal. as SPs are more valuable than APs

DeletedUser563

some noob said:
so basically what you are saying is that you are finding it a bit costly to do a quest, so you want devs to make it a bit more easier for you?
....... ....
No I will complete the quest soon. I want the devs to make ap reduction less. So that a noob like you can do that quest in the future easier on world 1. Just kidding about the noob part. (But you forum rats have a way of raising my anger levels)My ap's cost 2000 . 2000.....2000 seems fair to you that it cost 2000. let me jst repeat it again 2000. I cant see how this can impact the game negatively and no-one have raised any valid points how this in world 1 will affect the game negatively. Dont always try to shoot ideas down . Iceman is player number 1 in world 1 . So think he and I know a little bit about the game. So youngsters go to sleep or go watch justin bieber or whatever and let the foggies have their 50 ap reduction very nicely please. Ok topic closed. Idea accepted by majority vote no need to discuss trivial things like a 50 ap reduction to such depths.

2000 at 10 a day = 175 days to get back to 250. If I come off a bit angry or rude its because this couldnt possibly be acceptable to a normal player 175 days. Yesterday another player told me it took him 2 years to get his ap's and sp's back to base numbers. Come on people dont stand in the way of good change.

DeletedUser

Money is no object, so you just want to pass this idea just because you feel like it?

DeletedUser563

Money is no object, so you just want to pass this idea just because you feel like it?

Oh boy the baby forum rat... Can we close the forum down . Now that would be a good idea because it will force all of you to play the game actually. Its not about me..... can you read should i even get nastier. Read what I wrote CAREFULLY. Now read it again.. Think about it compose a reply. Almost all of the world 1 players said yes to the idea. It concerns world 1. What do you mean money is no object??? So why are we still discussing it. Is the concept of democracy tough for you. We voted yes. Shouldnt the majority vote be enough of a indication to you. We are on different servers. Why do you need to air your opinion. My vote is NO on the job rice farming.

THE VOTE AS FAR:

Yes:14
No: 3
Indecisive: 2
No clear vote: 1

Yes: The iceman, horselady,one armed ninja,jackals,,mwfossils,winter hawk,lasarstar, derek1982,kengur,dragontears21,pikey2540,lord ion,rebow,kuku3,

No:bacillus,rice farmer, -neo-

Indecisive: elmyr, john colt,

Did not give clear vote:( joxertm,

DeletedUser

as far as I know, not all who voted play on w1 and there are a lot more players on w1 than those who've voted. whether shaman balancing is implemented or not, it's still just an opinion on what is fair. from what i've seen, it's irrelevant to cost and thus the discontinuity b/t moving a large amount of ap and sp at once, shouldn't be a cause of distress.

DeletedUser563

Proposal
Lower AP in a day $50 not $10 in worlds without placate shaman.

Current Workaround
None

Details
Currently AP goes down by $10 a day. The Iceman suggest it goes down by $50 a day instead in non placate shaman worlds.

Abuse Prevention
Illogical argument that since 1 AP represents 5 SP it should take 5 days to reset. Simply not feasible in a world without placate shaman and with the animal spirits quest that requires 50 AP in each category Strength, Mobility, Dexterity and Charisma.

Visual Aids
None needed.

Summary
Player X wants to move 100 AP and SP. He is in a bit of a hurry and wants to complete this in 100 days. For argument sake cost is no issue. So starting with cost of 50 for SP and 250 AP. He moves 1 AP and 1 SP a day. So at day 100 his SP is still at 50. His AP cost increases by 40 a day. So 100 x 40 = 4000. At day 100 his AP cost will be 4250. To get back to 250 AP does not take 100 days it takes 500 days. So 1 year 4 months about. This sounds more like a prison sentence than a game requirement. We only ask this for worlds without placate shaman. In Iceman's idea after day 100 AP is still at $250. In the current world it takes 600 days to move 100 AP and get back to $250. No players strategy needs to involve 600 days of planning and execution. This is an online game not a turtle race.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Since if this idea is passed it will anyway be voted on. We can short circuit the whole suggested process of a poll and then idea poll implementation to just idea poll implementation. I have put the idea in the correct format. The Iceman can just change the first post.

Well i actually will have to move 110 ap yet. To complete animal spirits and establish my final level 120 build. Today I moved 5. Total cost 10880. Starting AP cost 2010 closing AP cost 2260. Time to get back to cost of 2010 25 days. Time that I need to wait to move 1 AP 5 days. Total AP that I need to complete animal spirits - Puma quest remaining at cost of 2260 21 x 5 days = 105 days plus minus 3 months 14 days or 3 months 12 days.

Final move all AP to Strength requires 85 AP shift due to animal spirits quest to remain at ridiculous 2260 cost 85 x 5 days = 425 days = 1 year 2 months. EISHHHH

Player X wants to move 100 AP and SP. He is in a bit of a hurry and wants to complete this in 100 days. For argument sake cost is no issue. So starting with cost of 50 for SP and 250 AP. He moves 1 AP and 1 SP a day. So at day 100 his SP is still at 50. His AP cost increases by 40 a day. So 100 x 40 = 4000. At day 100 his AP cost will be 4250. To get back to 250 AP does not take 100 days it takes 500 days. So 1 year 4 months about. This sounds more like a prison sentence than a game requirement. We only ask this for worlds without placate shaman. Personally I doubt that it will get implemented by the time I complete my AP shift but cant see the abuse really. Its more like dont make stuff CRAZY. Yes rice farmer the whole world 1 didnt vote but as usual you have to approximate representation by the persons that did vote. Ok enough said.

DeletedUser

The idea is in the right format atleast. I still think 1 AP is worth more than 1 SP though, so it makes sense that it should take longer for that cost to reset. However it's probably not worth 5 SP either.

How about this:

Skill points - $50 : and the cost will increase with $10 for each point you move
Attribute points - $150 : and the cost will increase with $30 for each point you move

This makes more sense to me, since each time you level up you'll receive 1AP and 3SP. A lvl.120 who have completed all quests, will have approx 150AP and 400SP, so reskilling from pure construction to pure trader will be a bit more balanced than it is today.

DeletedUser563

Or we could have a full automatic reset each 2 months or each year atleast or more ideally the idea as it is and a yearly reset. My Ap cost goes up and up. I will have to respec a lot of skills to complete the traveling circus as well. Without placate shaman and with the new great quest that is rolled out in each new update. I feel like we are on a row boat with a teaspoon instead of paddles.

I think a 50 increase is ok but then john colts idea can still be laid alongside icemans with perhaps a 30 reduction or 25 reduction a day. Or as is. Do not have a big problem with that as I have with the current system. I cant see why the voting idea can encompass yes-idea 1 -yes - idea 2 and then no.

DeletedUser9470

imo all this is a load of bs
if "cost is not a problem" like you say, i dont even know why were discussing this, just pay the cost.
if cost is a problem, tough. maybe you should plan ahead and put your skills in the correct areas in the first place.
cost and reset time of sps and aps is spot on nd even too cheap, i never had a problem myself as i always planned ahead.
I managed to do all quests and respec to full duelist without a problem before level 89 on w1 and that was before fort battles came out.

just cos you want to do a quest and respec back cheaper for your own benefit.

do like everyone else and go get some more cash.
dont wine cos you're not very good at playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.