Would you eat poop?

DeletedUser

Well, under any circumstances, absolutely not. Drinking urine on the other hand, that's something I would consider if there wouldn't be any alternatives.

DeletedUser15057

Well I guess you could cut out the middle man, go straight to the source.
But as a couple of bloggers say there has got to be a time where the waste is wasted.
Now lemme see, grow my own veges or eat s##t sandwiches ........... :hmf:

DeletedUser9470

meh, im sure if they put this in a kebab or any take away food, no one would even notice.

DeletedUser

i would never eat poop unless it was a life or death situation. and even if you mixed it in with other ingredients i would still not eat it. (its just plain gross and it carries loads of diseases). however as said by elie007 i would drink urine if there were no other alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You didn't read the link :(

I did read the link about poop-burgers.

Modified or recycled, it doesn't change the fact that you are still eating poop. I guess it's something I can't look away from.

DeletedUser

While I understand what that researcher posed is an interesting discovery, I can't get over the fact it's our crap in those burgers. Not just my crap, but OUR crap, all mixed together in a beautiful paste (mud), filtered, refined and reprocessed into dark brown meat patties.

yum... not. Maybe if there's an efficient way to utilize this, it may be the solution to starvation in countries with limited food resources. But for normal, off the shelf consumption, no friggin' way.

DeletedUser1121

the water we drink is mostly purified from sewer water as well. We all know what floats in the sewers.
I wouldn't really mind if he could convince me all the e. coli and other bacteria's have been killed.

DeletedUser9470

While I understand what that researcher posed is an interesting discovery, I can't get over the fact it's our crap in those burgers. Not just my crap, but OUR crap, all mixed together in a beautiful paste (mud), filtered, refined and reprocessed into dark brown meat patties.

yum... not. Maybe if there's an efficient way to utilize this, it may be the solution to starvation in countries with limited food resources. But for normal, off the shelf consumption, no friggin' way.

would make perfect pet food.

DeletedUser

Maybe if there's an efficient way to utilize this, it may be the solution to starvation in countries with limited food resources. But for normal, off the shelf consumption, no friggin' way.

Yes its very obvious that people won't eat this overpriced crap, but if they lowered the prices and made it a food reserve in some developing or extremely poor countries. sure it may not be the tastiest food ever but it will keep you alive. (don't knock it till you try it :p)

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I can think of an alarmingly high number of reasons to do so.
Not something I would want to eat daily, but there are reasons to do that too.

I can't think of a convincing reason to tell you to order us all one and get us to post videos, but I'm working on it.

DeletedUser

Every day we probably consume billions of atoms that have at some stage in their history passed through a human gut.
Of course, unprocessed excrement has little nutritional value and harbours a variety of pathogens so we have very sensibly evolved an aversion for it. But once it has been eaten by flies, the flies eaten by spiders and the spiders eaten by chickens we may consider the end-product quite delicious. Similarly for vegetables grown with manure.
So it's just a question of degree - at what point do we dissociate the product from its origins? That's purely a matter of individual preference and emotion and not therefore subject to debate.

DeletedUser

Well this made me stop eating my chips ...
Why the hell would you make a burger out of poop? stupid, stupid, stupid ideea. I'd rather eat a burger with grass instead of meat(or poop for that mather)
But it gets worse, because he just extracted some protein from the poop. Why? Just for the hell of it? People already have issues eating a burger only made of soya... you think some poop protein will make it better?

Will this turn into to eating dog meat thread?

DeletedUser1121

And what did they use to make that grass grow faster? Indeed. POOP

DeletedUser1121

Almost.. what i am saying is that the stuff that guy has pulled out of the poop and made burgers of, is the same stuff that vegetables pull out of it. So basically, you are already eating poo when you eat vegetables that come from land that has been treated with organic fertiliser.

DeletedUser9470

Almost.. what i am saying is that the stuff that guy has pulled out of the poop and made burgers of, is the same stuff that vegetables pull out of it. So basically, you are already eating poo when you eat vegetables that come from land that has been treated with organic fertiliser.

ditto, is why i wuld actually eat it if push came to shove.
at the end of the day molecules are molecules, protein is protein...

DeletedUser

A friend recently chimed in on this topic while I was perusing it. The thought presented was, "would you eat another human being?"

This posed a very interesting thought. My friend indicated that eating another human being (cannibalism) exposes you to communicable diseases. But, if that meat were processed, as the poop had been, would you then be willing to eat it? You see, there's a lot of meat being wasted all the time, in the death of human beings. Isn't the stigma associated with eating processed poop similar to that of Soylent Green?