Would you eat poop?

DeletedUser

They are only extracting the protein from the poop to use in the burgers- not really processing the main body of the poop into burgers. We don't have trouble drinking water - and that is the same stuff that has been recycled over and over again for as long as there has been water on earth - The water you drink today may have been part of a dinosaur, camel spit, human sweat, elephant pee, or water used to cool a nuclear plant.

edit - let's not forget the moisture content in poop - human or otherwise :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yum... not. Maybe if there's an efficient way to utilize this, it may be the solution to starvation in countries with limited food resources. But for normal, off the shelf consumption, no friggin' way.
is it just me, or is this flat out racist?

DeletedUser

I don't think it sounds racist at all, unless only one race is (or will be) living in a country with limited food resources.

DeletedUser

I'm sure in most cases it's completely safe, but everyone has had some sort of packaged food that they normally love, but some step in the manufacturing process was just off one time, and it was missed by quality control and it was just horrible. I would not want to get a bad batch of this product.

Then there are the cases of meat being contaminated by E. coli caused by contact with animal feces. In this case you're cutting out the middle man. It seems like there would be a serious E. coli risk.

DeletedUser

Oi, my bigger concern would be prions. Not so easy to filter those out, nor all that easy to detect.

DeletedUser

For poor countries yes... Though in a sense, I feel like I'm saying they can eat my * in that sense...

Would I eat it? Not a chance.

DeletedUser

it's just protein once you've isolated it from the poop. same as any other molecule of protein.

DeletedUser

it's just protein once you've isolated it from the poop. same as any other molecule of protein.

I don't know, when you consider quantum entanglement, it's difficult to truly separate the protein molecules from the poo molecules.

DeletedUser

well, that scientist guy has managed to do it, so im not worried.....and entanglement has nothing to do with it lol

DeletedUser

On one side, I'm vomiting, but on the other I understand what the mans trying to do. Using a cheap "form" of food to replace the other ingredients, and as a result make more profit. It is disgusting, but reasonable at the same time.

DeletedUser28032

Ok well how about this for an idea (You'll love this) everytime you flush the toilet the faecal matter within is partialially vapourised and distributed into the air to which it then lands on your toothbrush

DeletedUser

That's acceptable braet. Fortunately my bathroom and the place where I brush my teeth are different, down to the fact I have a sink in my room.

Anyway, the fact is, he's trying to do what all business men do. Try and make a profit off of cheap goods, and in this matter of instance, it's poop. I'm amazed it wasn't thought of before now.

DeletedUser

well, that scientist guy has managed to do it, so im not worried.....and entanglement has nothing to do with it lol
That "scientist guy" has not managed to separate prions from the other proteins. He's merely merely filtered out toxins and "pasteurized" the crap. Prions are an entirely different, and as of yet unresolved, health threat (mad cow disease, in case you don't know).

And prions are but one example.

DeletedUser

I have been waiting for someone to say this, but none have.

Why do your malevolent buggers think the turd-burger is unacceptable for you to eat since it is in fact made of crap but are readily and eagerly allowing it to be fed to poor people?

What the frack is up with that?!

It's not good enough for you because it's made from crap, how the hell is it good enough for the poor?
Are you better than the poor because you were lucky enough to be born into a richer family/country?

If that is your line of though, then you may go to hell right now.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, show me where it says that.

John, I meant to say what you said, but then it came out as racist lol.

DeletedUser

John, the rebuttal to that is rather simple. If there's an effective, low cost, means to convert crap to edibles, it may well be applicable in nations that are dealing with starvation, where the "food we eat" isn't available to them.

And yes, a better solution would be for us wastrel and opulent nations to actually start trying to feed the starving of other nations, that's not really happening. So if someone can find a means to help them help themselves, at least we can stop banging our heads on the wall complaining about how sick our present society is for being so damn self-absorbed whilst so many others suffer through to their demise. I.e., better to find something that works than it is to waste time pushing a stone uphill.

DeletedUser

John, the rebuttal to that is rather simple. If there's an effective, low cost, means to convert crap to edibles, it may well be applicable in nations that are dealing with starvation, where the "food we eat" isn't available to them.
And Hellstromm, you already mentioned the counter to that yourself.
If we were not to waste the way we are then we could easily feed them.

I work in the food industry. 'nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't pay farmers not to farm in order to keep prices high.
Don't use corn for ethanol.
Don't flush.