BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

dont agree
get yourself GG too :D
game need to new thing or this game will be die ...

I agree. Everyone can get one. I have been playing since W6 and knew which way to go to get the keys. You know in this game if there is one way to get something, you better take it when you can or else you have no way to get it again. I've waited for a long time with 2 keys for something to happen, and now it has. The "stacking issue" is negated by their being gg's on both sides.
It is, however, a big expensive pain to get one...

DeletedUser28121

man this is not true at all. attackers will have advantage always.
30 stacked > 9 stacked plus tower bonus

hmm im curious, if everyone was on their own class tower and with a GG wouldnt the bonus be roughly the same! :D

DeletedUser

lol, noone can trump joxer's arrogance, and thats a fact :razz:
The fact that can not be changed by any means.

But who cares, that's not fun. Instead of that... Tell me... When's the next fort fight? Boycotted one again, please.

DeletedUser30834

The "stacking issue" is negated by their being gg's on both sides.
It is, however, a big expensive pain to get one...

I'm not sure how the forts are set up in world 6, but in Arizona, 9 is the most you can have in one sector at a time with LOS in most forts (usually only the towers). Inside the forts, after you give up the tower bonus, start to gain a negetive bonus around the flag and all, you might have more, but the walls usually get divided into more then one section as the fort gets larger.

In contrast, the starting sectors for the attack side gets 33. The medium sizes right beside it which would be the first move gets 15.
33 times +15 is +495 and 33 times +2 hit and miss is +66.
15 times +15 is +255 and 15 times +2 hit and miss is +30.
09 times +15 is +135 and 09 times +2 hit and miss is +18.

Now for the hard part.
+135 is less then +255 which is less then +495
+ 18 is less then +30 which is less then +66

The stacking issue is not negated by both sides having the golden gun. The math simply doesn't lie. I might add or subtract wrong, I will admit to an occasional multiplication error. If I have done that, please let me know.

But even the most cursory investigation should see that the stacking issue clearly is not and will not be negated by both sides having the guns. The tower and wall bonus deals with the larger numbers concentrating in one place already. Being able to boost those by 1/3 or 3/5 of the attackers boost is not in balance or a workable solution.

DeletedUser

why upon opening this thread did i know it would be dominated by the same 3 people shouting down anyone with an opinion that doesnt fit with their own.

I dont really like the GG's, I am not a fan of HP monsters. I am a fan of a balanced game with a level playing field for all. I and those who think like this however are in a minority, because all that matters for many is winning. I just think of these people as the type who play games on the easy setting because they can win with little to no effort. And getting the GG is not a challenge, its a pain in the ass and in the wallet, nothing more.

Diggo11

The devs should at times hold up their hands and notify you guys Diggo etc what is going on and pass on the apology etc ... sure page 3 carried a note but its via another server and tbh dosnt mean squat as it could have been simply made up. Diggo is the community manager and id have expected the Devs to have respected that position enough to at least communicate their intentions with him, allowing him then to speak with some kind of first hand knowledge rather than a referral to a post via another server.
Actually, plans for updates generally are made available to community managers via request and/or confidential release. If someone had actually asked about any planned changes to the golden gun, rather than running rampant with threats of boycotts and quitting, they could have found out there was indeed change on the horizon just as quickly; just as the poster in page three did.

This thread isnt really a whine at all but a perfectly understandable response to a bad piece of developing, most updates are cool but they do get things horribly wrong sometimes this is one such case.
Yeah, it was definitely a "bad piece of developing", but this is still a whine - not any form of productive discourse.

Is Ashock a developer?
Ashock is the present 'game designer' and hence developer tasked with resolving this issue.

There is nothing that this game can do that is to my detriment, unlike your claim. There are things that I can do to the detriment of this game. Calling for a boycott was one. With over 200 posts in one week this is obviously a very "hot topic" issue.

I have made the decision to leave Arizona and delete my account from that world. I will do this before the end of the month. The simple reason is the GG and its stackable bonus. It has rendered this FF obsolete. The developers decided to implement the GG AFTER myself and others did the raid quest. If that is my fault for selecting a path that had NO known consequence then I might as well stop playing the game and wait for them to complete future questlines so as not to miss out on the Golden Horse or something else. I will not nerf my skills and place them into HP as some do, that is not the game I enjoyed playing.

As this game is losing its enjoyment I have made my decision to leave Arizona in the dust. If the few other worlds I play start feeling the same way, I will leave this game completely. I do not expect Inno to care about 1 gameplayer, but collectively they should care about ALL of their gameplayers or they may find none at their games.

Some people may not think this boycott has had any effect, but I would disagree. As Diggo is trying to point out, Ashock has assured everyone on page 3, via an intermediary, that they are aware of this issue and will address it in time. Prior to this topic being started, NO one was aware they would make any changes to it. Fort participation has dropped as battles are not being filled. Players leaving is just the natural progression of this unless change is made.
Prior to the opening of this thread, the golden gun was marked as an issue for attention, which hopefully will result in a nerf of the guns power as part of the next update. Take heart at the fact the golden gun is now on my radar as a critical priority to push towards the developers, but that is solely because the community has made a statement on this forum; and I'm sad to inform you that whatever actions you have taken ingame between then and now are entirely irrelevant. Boycotting fort fighting or deleting your character will only be hurting your town mates and your self - for everyone else some action will be coming regardless.

DeletedUser22685

It will be interesting to see Joxer's opinion on this after the entire opposing side quits, then half of his own side quits due to having no one to fight and nothing to fight for, thus killing his world and putting it into the same boat as the old worlds. And wasn't he the one that was continually harping on about new worlds not being the same as old worlds and they shouldn't be made so?

DeletedUser

Sorry futu, but honestly I don't think my opinion on anything is interesting. :)

Entire opposing side quits... You're quitting? Good luck in RL, cya in another game.

DeletedUser22685

I couldn't care less about the golden guns as they don't affect any world I fort fight in, that's why I've given minimal input in these threads (although, for the record, I can see that the sector bonus needs to go).

So technically, what I meant was "entire opposing group of fort fighters". You're still stuck with me for now :)

DeletedUser22575

Actually, plans for updates generally are made available to community managers via request and/or confidential release. If someone had actually asked about any planned changes to the golden gun, rather than running rampant with threats of boycotts and quitting, they could have found out there was indeed change on the horizon just as quickly; just as the poster in page three did.

Yeah, it was definitely a "bad piece of developing", but this is still a whine - not any form of productive discourse.

Ashock is the present 'game designer' and hence developer tasked with resolving this issue.

Diggo11 if you go to the Bugs thread you will see that I opened a post there on this subject and specifically asked for feed back on changes concerning this issue from staff members including you.

This is the reply I received from Desi before he closed the thread.

Not a bug, this thread will be closed.
There is already an answer that it will be changed, what more do you want?

Some of the staff members have access to development, but they still can't tell you what or when it is going to change. For the simple reason that things still can change when it would hit the public beta.

So for now you should just be patient and trust ashock when he says they are working on it.

He also is referring to the page 3 poster.

First off this guy is a non staff member from the german worlds and as such his post/reply is no more meaningful than any other non staff members and just as accurate.

So someone actually did ask for feed back about proposed changes and received no real feed back from staff members as you just provided such as the GG being a priority for you and being marked for change, etc...despite it being asked for.

Not everyone plays on the german world with Ashcroft or has access to him, so our access to receiving information imo is as I did posting and asking for feedback from staff members.

As far as this being a "whine" and not any form of productive discourse in your opinion I am going to point out the following.

Some of us tried to have a productive discourse here and were flamed to death. We provided pretty detailed stats on damage inflicted by sectors filled with GG's versus the sectors inside the fort with towers filled with GG's ..etc....

But since you feel that our attempts were not a "productive discourse" as the CM would you mind giving us some guidance on how we could have done this in a manner that would have met your criteria of being "productive and not a whine"?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24373

Prior to the opening of this thread, the golden gun was marked as an issue for attention, which hopefully will result in a nerf of the guns power as part of the next update. Take heart at the fact the golden gun is now on my radar as a critical priority to push towards the developers, but that is solely because the community has made a statement on this forum; and I'm sad to inform you that whatever actions you have taken ingame between then and now are entirely irrelevant. Boycotting fort fighting or deleting your character will only be hurting your town mates and your self - for everyone else some action will be coming regardless.

Thanks for considering this a "whine" as opposed to considering it a demand from the community that this item needed changed. I am sure that the community was satisfied with the open ended response from the developers that they were "aware" of this issue and "would address it some time in the future." Not sure they could have been any more vague on when they are fixing it.

Boycotting fort fights did not hurt my town or alliance, although a narrow minded individual may see it that way. Boycotting them led to this becoming a "hot button" issue within the community that saw the forum posts blow up once posted. While this may have been known about, I doubt that it was being taken seriously until the community addressed it as vocally as we did.

If you choose to say that my deleting OBK from Arizona only hurt myself and my town mates, you would be wrong again. See I continue to play with most of them on other worlds. I may even go back and play with them again in the future on Arizona, but as of now the only ones that will notice my departure is the revenue department at Inno. While I may not have been the top nugget purchaser in the game, I did spend a lot of them on AZ and since deleting those days are gone.

And Diggo, while you have made it a "critical priority" to address the GG please also add to that a way that those excluded from the GG due to late implementation also have a way to obtain this. While on that, how about making it a critical priority to FIX the questline for those that do not even show it. If you see the game as unbalanced due to the stackable bonus, then you should also see the imbalance in preventing some from even obtaining it as well.

The success of this game lies with its players. Hopefully Inno realizes the great group of people that play this game and will return to delivering updates that contain fair and balanced gameplay.

DeletedUser28121

why upon opening this thread did i know it would be dominated by the same 3 people shouting down anyone with an opinion that doesnt fit with their own.

I dont really like the GG's, I am not a fan of HP monsters. I am a fan of a balanced game with a level playing field for all. I and those who think like this however are in a minority, because all that matters for many is winning. I just think of these people as the type who play games on the easy setting because they can win with little to no effort. And getting the GG is not a challenge, its a pain in the ass and in the wallet, nothing more.

nice to see you're contributing to this thread... long time, no flame:rolleyes::razz:

DeletedUser

So technically, what I meant was "entire opposing group of fort fighters". You're still stuck with me for now :)
Hmm... But... That entire group is still only you. I didn't see any other staff member playing on w13. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.