BOYCOTT: Fort Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24373

Joxer, it isn't about the cash at all our towns have plenty. It is simply about the fact that 30+ GG"s can show up to a battle and just steam roll right through it. Where is the fun in that? You guys really like these 10-15 round battles?

Take it as a "whine" if you want but I am done with fort fighting on AZ until and unless the GG stackable bonus is removed.

Elmyr,

As far as I am concerned they can have every fort in AZ and hold fun fights amongst themselves.

HP monsters like clotho are nothing to worry about any more. His 10k hp can get ate up in 2-3 rounds. The GG and its stackable bonus is the problem.

Do you not see this weapon as 2.5 times as powerful as ANY other fort fighting weapon?

Joxer and Black,

Enjoy your battles on AZ, I know that there are others on AZ that feel the same way as I do and will not be participating. Enjoy the forts mates.

DeletedUser28121

Joxer and Black,

Enjoy your battles on AZ, I know that there are others on AZ that feel the same way as I do and will not be participating. Enjoy the forts mates.

Unlike U OBK, I tossed my ideas in other threads as to what my thoughts are regarding GG's and the stackable bonus. I tried (and hopefully succeeded) the view the issue from both sides and proposed a feasible solution to the problem. Nerf the stackable bonus to a minimum. Other than that i refuse you implying the the problem in Arizona FF's are exclusively Goldens! your slap-dash alliance is disorganized and without proper leadership since it was pretty much hasty response to Trinity's winning streak and u allied yourselves with two other alliance (against one of which u always held strong opposition!) Also, i'll do my best to fight against your slurs and your implications that my (nay, ours, all's individually) Golden guns were an ill-gotten gain! By accusing us of 'cheating' in fort fights ur basically invalidating my gameplay style and the effort it went into me getting my GG (even with shaman prem i spent over 500K in respeccing back and forth numerous times, not to mention getting all the keys and working on all the quest connected to that)

and if they nerf GG's i hope u'll have fun getting your forts in Arizona;) i hope to be playing w15 by that time lol (fingers crossed:laugh:)

DeletedUser16008

Although I wont be boycotting any battles how about making things at least playable...

If players have a choice on a quest and chose wrong thats just too bad like many many things before that have been changed there are always losers.

However.............

The stackable system HAS to go.... it is clear its way OTT and as attack have far more advantage anyway with so many in a sector compared to defense its still likely to need further thought and adjustments ... Only after another period of time will we be able to say if the GG is so bad but right now thats the very first thing to address... ASAP.

If someone wishes to start a thread to be put for a vote in ideas & brainfarts go for it..

Lets try to keep this simple and focus on the main problem at the moment STACKABLE BONUS.

Deleted User - 1693871

I agree with you, Victor - 1x bonus in a sector is fine, not 15x or whatever.

DeletedUser24373

Other than that i refuse you implying the the problem in Arizona FF's are exclusively Goldens! your slap-dash alliance is disorganized and without proper leadership since it was pretty much hasty response to Trinity's winning streak and u allied yourselves with two other alliance (against one of which u always held strong opposition!) Also, i'll do my best to fight against your slurs and your implications that my (nay, ours, all's individually) Golden guns were an ill-gotten gain! By accusing us of 'cheating' in fort fights ur basically invalidating my gameplay style and the effort it went into me getting my GG (even with shaman prem i spent over 500K in respeccing back and forth numerous times, not to mention getting all the keys and working on all the quest connected to that)

and if they nerf GG's i hope u'll have fun getting your forts in Arizona;) i hope to be playing w15 by that time lol (fingers crossed:laugh:)

Ok Black, where did I say anyone was cheating or got the golden gun by ill-gotten gains?

This post is simply about GG's and the stackable bonus associated with them. Inno introduced a gun FAR superior to any other gun on this game. It isn't about an alliance against alliance issue. Show up to a battle with no GG's and see what happens. The fights are fairer, funner, and longer lasting. Before the accumulation of the GG's and the stackable damage factor came into play there were no major issues with FF's. Sure you can claim multi's are a problem but BOTH sides have and will continue to use them.

The real problem here is GG's and the sector bonus.

I guess my idea kinds of ruins the plans of having FF towns full of GG's now doesn't it.

DeletedUser

OutlawBK you are on the right track here

Myself, Jack Eagle and Jack Hawk were playing in Osasto Törni in Trinity alliance but as we saw things were a bit too unfair and too easy, we transferred to Nordic Berets (Northern Light) as trying to balance the fights (with only that little input we can).

As of now we three GG owners are joining this Boycott immediately starting now until sector bonus from that weapon is removed (or something similar) and these fights can be balanced again.

Now it's a walkover after another and there's no point in pissing against the wind...

Bye you all :)

Thomas Garfield
Jack Eagle
Jack Hawk

From Northern Light

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23149

Howdy Friends, I´m, as some of you maybe remember,
in one Alliance on one of my german worlds with Ashock the Dev. of the "Golden arms"!
I send him a Tele about the "GG - Problem" we have at the int. Server
(because this Problem doesn´t yet occur on the german server, well maybe not this extreme)
here is his answer:

I´ve got an answer:

Ashock
heute um 17:04 Uhr
Das Problem ist uns ins besondere auf den neuen Welten bewusst.
Wir haben auch schon Lösungen erarbeitet, die aber nicht zu schnell eingeführt werden sollen,
damit wir nicht über das Ziel hinausschießen. Vermutlich mit dem Update 1.31 wird es einen Fix geben.

Translation:
Ashock
today at 05:04 h pm
We are aware of this problem, especialy at the new worlds.
We already working on an solution,but won´t implement it too fast,
so that we´ll have a balanced solution without causing new problems.
We will probably fix that with the update 1.31

I hope that will cool down the whole problem a little bit! :cool:

DeletedUser9470

Howdy Friends, I´m, as some of you maybe remember,
in one Alliance on one of my german worlds with Ashock the Dev. of the "Golden arms"!
I send him a Tele about the "GG - Problem" we have at the int. Server
(because this Problem doesn´t yet occur on the german server, well maybe not this extreme)
here is his answer:

I´ve got an answer:

Ashock
heute um 17:04 Uhr
Das Problem ist uns ins besondere auf den neuen Welten bewusst.
Wir haben auch schon Lösungen erarbeitet, die aber nicht zu schnell eingeführt werden sollen,
damit wir nicht über das Ziel hinausschießen. Vermutlich mit dem Update 1.31 wird es einen Fix geben.

Translation:
Ashock
today at 05:04 h pm
We are aware of this problem, especialy at the new worlds.
We already working on an solution,but won´t implement it too fast,
so that we´ll have a balanced solution without causing new problems.
We will probably fix that with the update 1.31

I hope that will cool down the whole problem a little bit! :cool:

sounds good, whens 1.31? july? or after the summer holidays?

DeletedUser

Concerning world Arizona

As a further result, all of our pure fort fighting town Northern Light, are joining this boycott with the same reasons listed above.

We only want to have balanced fights, yes we want to have fun but these numbers with GG's with their stacked bonuses are just ridiculous. Developers just have to remove all sector bonuses from that weapon asap.

As a result, All of our fighters are probably easier to see in nearby bar than in Arizona's fort fights.

With best Regards

Northern Light (pure fort fighting town)

DeletedUser28121

fine OBK i have no objection as to nerfing or removing the stackable bonus as I have repeated far too many times to be bothered to count. What i am bothered is you guys blaming your total failure to compete in Forts solely on GG's.... well, with ashock's promise of a new BALANCED solution, i'm sure i'll be laughing my ass off when u try to get your forts back after the 1,31 updated...

good luck with your boycott and have fun at your various saloons ;)....

DeletedUser

All your boycott is going to do is kill whatever side you're on.

Lower attendance will only hurt your side in the battles. If you really want to improve the situation, you'll be an active voice in the community instead of dropping out.

Campaign against the guns, don't boycott. Boycotts lead to shutdowns.

HelenBack

Conclusion? I'll boycott nothing. With or without gold gun you can play, have fun and win. It's all about your team, not about some item.

With or without a GG you can win? I'd like to see all of your town members put down their GGs for the next few battles and just use regular fort guns... Then we'll see just how well you do.
;-)

DeletedUser24373

Hmm

All your boycott is going to do is kill whatever side you're on.

Lower attendance will only hurt your side in the battles. If you really want to improve the situation, you'll be an active voice in the community instead of dropping out.

Campaign against the guns, don't boycott. Boycotts lead to shutdowns.

It seems that many, including myself, have posted on these forums numerous times about the GG bonus and other things.

How about no attendance at fort battles and shutting them down completely? They aren't much fun if only one side is there. Since you may not be able to read what I posted earlier, on AZ Cro and Trinity can have ALL of the forts as far as I and many others are concerned. The balance isn't there, so why even go?

There are players hitting for 570+ average damage now and it is only a matter of days before they are averaging 650+, then 700+, then 750+. How long will players last?

Joxer says it is all about the HP, I beg to differ. Maybe if you are a premium adventurer that ghosts after the 2nd hit every round, HP is all you need. Maybe if you are a dueler looking to get a critical hit, hp is all you need. But as a worker hp is BS.

Was it Inno's desire to push workers out of fort fights? Soldiers as well? Or are these just nasty unintended side-effects to GG's populating worlds?

DeletedUser

No, join W1. No premium to get the GG with shaman reset.
GG are extremely rare and fortfights are good fun.

Yep! That´s what they´re supposed to be, RARE!! But on arizona, W12 and maybe 11, dunno, they´re as common as presice winchesters! :eek:

If one alliance has the majority of GGs. Sure they can take all the forts in the game. And in arizona, almost all of Cro beer´s members has a GG! And in an AZ battle I died in six rounds and that sixth round I got hit by 5 shots by GGs! And they all were in the 300-500dmg range. And I have a little over 1000 HP there. And if you count dueler critical hits the damages can go up to 1000+. It´s madness!
Pls, remove da stackable bonus. Or adjust the sec bonus to 0.25 for attack and 0.50 for defence, for example.. And make the damage sec bonus to something like 2. Not 15! That´ll be a slight advantage only.

DeletedUser

I personally spent money and a lot of time on W8 to get my GG. Took me months of planning and RL saving to have a shot at getting the thing. The result? A reward that was worth the effort. NOW a minority of people are complaining about the thing? Quit your whining and go get it yourself. You can't and don't want to restart? Fine, that's your choice, that's life, now go live with it and stop complaining to everyone else about it.

Can we have a global poll put into the game for everyone to tick (make it mandatory)? Let ALL the players vote, not just the minorty who speak up in these forums. Ask the ENTIRE customer base if they want the thing nerfed, removed, or mitigated against with some new design update in 1.31. Let's see what everyone has to say first. THEN go and make some changes.

Inno is damned if they do anyway, as all the players such as myself who actually tried hard to get this thing feel like they're getting used/screwed-over.

DeletedUser

And in arizona, almost all of Cro beer´s members has a GG!
Yes, well... Some took the wrong path in The Raid quest, so... Can't fill the whole town with GGs.
But no matter they still have massive HP - and that's all what matters. And you don't need to learn Polish.

NOW a minority of people are complaining about the thing?
One alliance actually. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.