Submitted Quest Log ! (Idea)

Shall the Quest Log book be modified for item popups?

• Yes, change it.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal :

Add a feature in the quest log so that when you mouse over a quest in your log a little popup appears simply telling you what items you need for that quest and how many are already in your back pack without having too open up the quest fully.

Popup Details:

Popup too include the following :
Quest Name
Job Name
Items Required
Items aready got in backpack

(More can be added if required by developers)

Current Workaround :

Non that i am aware of , Just endless mouse clicking and opening and closeing windows for every single quest to get the info this popup could offer.

Abuse Prevention :

Non forseen.

Visual Aid :

quest.png

Summary :

The popup idea I was thinking of would work exactly like the popup already active in the reports section. Were when you mouse over a report it shows you the earnt XP , Money , Items etc.. but if that was used and implimented in the quest log to show required items and the job name .. I think it would add a nice feature and simplify the quest log lowering the amount of windows having to be opened to see what quests requirements are or what items you need to complete a quest and also showing how far you are into completeing a quest with items already in your backpack.
I believe that many West players would welcome a feature such as this in the Quest log.

Many thanks for considering my idea.

Kahboose

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think I saw somewhere on this forum a 3rd party script that enhances the quest log, but I never use scripts so... Never tried it.

I agree that the current system requires too many clicks, and it should be simplified. The click on the Quests should somehow display not just the screen with saloon guestgivers, but also items/jobs needed. Without the pic I can't say if your idea would be good or not, so please make at least a sketch.

But NO goes to this: "hide quests from NPC's you cant do". How can you fulfill the quest requirements if you don't know what item or job is needed?

DeletedUser

It would be nice.But still I think you would need a picture,like Joxer sead.
Maybe little icons or something above the quest givers that would let you see what are the requerments.Anyway,I like it,only try to resolve it a little better,but any way,its good.About the NPC's,I agree with Joxer.

Good job!:)

DeletedUser

But NO goes to this: "hide quests from NPC's you cant do". How can you fulfill the quest requirements if you don't know what item or job is needed?

Thats actually a valid point i never thought of , but i did say make it an option were you have a choice to show them or not ;) ..
But im glad you agree that a basic mouse over of items required to complete a quest for quick reference would be useful. Just think sometimes thats all thats needed , though im unsure what you mean by a sketch ??

DeletedUser

You can make a pic of your idea,you can do it in maybe Photoshop(if you want to add some stuff into it)or another program,dont know.xD
If you want you can use the tutorials you can find on the web for extra help.:)

DeletedUser

Ok , here goes hope this is what you ment :)

When you mouse over a quest in the log it would be nice to see something similer to this ..

quest.png

The popup would show details such as Name of quest , Job name and items required to complete !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's the way I like it!Really nice-And it would be really helpfull too.

Good job,hope it passes!:)

DeletedUser

Oh well I was making one as well...and got it ready when I saw someone else already made it...
Anyway...

questa.png

DeletedUser

Oh well I was making one as well...and got it ready when I saw someone else already made it...
Anyway...

questa.png

Good as well,but for starting players it would be more easy to see a icon of the item needed.But both ways are super.:)

Deleted User - 1278415

Yep I'm on board for simple elegant ideas... and pic was worth 1000 words.

As for the turning off of quests...I'd like to see the quest book limit of 10 be removed and then being able to accept all quests into my questbook... that way the ! go away and I know that I have seen everything they want to talk about.

So give it a week to simmer... and then I'll throw a quick poll on it... say 1 week for that, I'm sure it will get 80%

DeletedUser

Thats Excellent Good Feather thank you.
The problem i had with quests was as you mentioned your limited to having only 10 and the ones i cant currently do stay there with an annoying ! over the NPC's heads which makes you have to go through all the available quests again only too see they are the same ones you couldnt do last level.

If you could accept them and leave them in your log this would also cure that problem of knowing if the NPC is offering anything new :)

Many thanks too everyone for their kind comments , and im sorry Lawpaok im guessing i beat you too the post about this idea , I just saw a possible idea and posted :ph34r:

DeletedUser

Thats Excellent Good Feather thank you.
The problem i had with quests was as you mentioned your limited to having only 10 and the ones i cant currently do stay there with an annoying ! over the NPC's heads which makes you have to go through all the available quests again only too see they are the same ones you couldnt do last level.

If you could accept them and leave them in your log this would also cure that problem of knowing if the NPC is offering anything new :)

Many thanks too everyone for their kind comments , and im sorry Lawpaok im guessing i beat you too the post about this idea , I just saw a possible idea and posted :ph34r:
Hahahaha...nevermind..it's ok as soon as this idea is implemented...

DeletedUser

I loike this idea and I am for an unlimited number of quests in the quest-book.

DeletedUser

maybe make the quest icon blink bluish when we complete a quest? That'd simplify the things a lot

DeletedUser

That too. If the original posted would only compile all the above into his idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.