Daily Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14280

Food for thought:
When we think we’re humble – we’re not.
I actually think that's a bit inaccurate.
If you had someone who led a humble life, and realized it, it wouldn't stop him from being humble.
However, someone claiming to be humble is almost certainly not humble. Does that make sense?

DeletedUser

dude, you have contradicted almost every gospel that's been posted, either you are the blood brother of lord3angel or you just love controversy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

dude, you have contradicted almost every gospel that's been posted, either you are the blood brother of lord3angel or you just love controversy.
I do not! I just provide my own view on things.
More often than not, I agree with the food for thought.

Or were you talking about Hellstromm/Adelei Niska/John Rose/someone else I've forgotten?

DeletedUser

ive done forgot now, but either way, the food for thought section sure does satisfy my appetite

DeletedUser

Sister angelaiah, its been quite a while.. brother blondie14, thank you.
Brother celxius, ne simply must continue being humble, without thinking that he is. Let others notice such humility in you, one must not notice it in himself; or no longer shall it be being humble. :cool:

12th OF FEBRUARY, 2010

Gospel for today:
Mark 7:31-37 The Healing of a Deaf Man

Food for thought:
Living without trust in God is like driving in the fog.
:indian:

DeletedUser

LOL.. good one, brother blondie14..:laugh:

13th OF FEBRUARY, 2010

Gospel for today:
Mark 8:1-10 The Feeding of the Four Thousand

Food for thought:
God’s love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the water of adversity.

:indian:

DeletedUser

why not write a book entitled, "Useless phrases that make you sound cool"?

I'd buy it. lol

DeletedUser14280

Well, reading from Wikipedia for Dummies:
Alexbot said:
People must make a bet.
If God existed, and the person believed in god, she would be rewarded (with happiness forever).
If the person did not believe, she would be punished (with eternal damnation).
If God did not exist, it would make no difference.
For this reason, it would be better to believe in God.
So basically, believing in God is the right thing to do, simply because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, right?

DeletedUser

Well, reading from Wikipedia for Dummies:

So basically, believing in God is the right thing to do, simply because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, right?

Wrong.

The bet assumes there is but one god to believe in.
You can't hedge your bets with several mutually exclusive "truths" which offers a path to eternal salvation.
Logic dictates that they can not all be true, and there is no evidence to support that any of them are.

If you still don't get it, I'll be happy to simplify it further.

DeletedUser14280

Why are we talking about gambling, anyway?

Anyway, even if there were several options to bet on (which there are), you'd be better to bet on a result that gives you something in return should you win.
You'd be better to bet on religion being true, because that's the only option that earns you a prize in return.
If you bet on it being false, and win, you get nothing anyway.
So, bet on it being true, and just hope.

DeletedUser

Why are we talking about gambling, anyway?

Anyway, even if there were several options to bet on (which there are), you'd be better to bet on a result that gives you something in return should you win.
You'd be better to bet on religion being true, because that's the only option that earns you a prize in return.
If you bet on it being false, and win, you get nothing anyway.
So, bet on it being true, and just hope.

Then you wouldn't truly believe, you'd be attempting to cheat.
I would think an omnipotent "GOD" would see right through that and punish you duly, unless he only requires you to worship him and his ego.

You also fail to include the factors of faith such as restrictions of freedom.
A good muslim and jew do not eat pork to mention one restriction.

...and bacon is damn good! ;)

Thus placing the bet will confine you within the doctrine of the religion and offer nothing substantial nor certain in return.
Still think it is a good bet?

If I and those sharing my opinions are right then those whom place the bet have missed out on a lot life has to offer.
Nothing but this one life we live now is certain, so why squander it with worship and illogical restrictions?

DeletedUser

Another part of it, which I like to point out, is that if you're going into a religion because it's better to go for that instead of possibly being wrong and going to hell, you're not acting because you have faith, or because you love your creator, you're acting because you're trying to save your ass --- and, ultimately, it's an act.

You're looking at it from the, "well if I don't believe and I'm right, nothing happens. If I don't believe and I'm wrong, I go to Hell. If I do believe and I'm right, I go to Heaven. If I do believe and I'm wrong, nothing happens. So, it's either nothing or bad if I don't believe, or nothing or good if I do believe." That is the bad wager right there, because the truth is, by making that a wager, you demonstrate that you don't believe, and instead you're choosing what looks to be the better bet. The failure in thinking here is, as soon as you place that bet, you lost.

DeletedUser

truly there is no burning hell, there is only Sheol, the place to which you are going.

DeletedUser

14th OF FEBRUARY, 2010

Gospel for today:
Luke 6:17, 20-26 Ministering to a Great Multitude

Food for thought:
Nothing speaks more clearly of God’s love than the cross of Jesus Christ.
. :indian:

And . . . A Happy Valentine's Day to all... (as others say it - Happy Hearts Day!) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.