Daily Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Glad to see you are still reading Jack. Not sure what you mean here, Evolution is not a theory? Look up a definition on scientific method and get back to me...

I know what the scientific method is. I know what a theory is, I know that it is the highest form of truth/reality known to science at a certain point in time, which makes it a scientific fact.
"Evolution is still a theory" pretty much shows that you don't know this, as you apparently think there is anything above the level of a theory.
Furthermore I know that evolution has been observed.
But I'm not sure what you mean by "measuring evolution". Measuring the mutation rates? Measuring how a mutation spreads throughout a population? Measuring the timeline in which this occurs?

DeletedUser

*chuckle*

Ah, sweet ignorant child.
I implore you to read up on the differences between a hypothesis and a scientific theory.

Condescension. How cool that is. Did you feel empowered as you wrote that? Did you almost feel yourself lifted up to the top of a pillar or plateau from which you could look down upon the rest of us and bask in your incredibly superior being? And yet....your ability to make a point....to actually engage in the communication of ideas......is somehow strangely lacking.

DeletedUser

I know what the scientific method is. I know what a theory is, I know that it is the highest form of truth/reality known to science at a certain point in time, which makes it a scientific fact.
"Evolution is still a theory" pretty much shows that you don't know this, as you apparently think there is anything above the level of a theory.
Furthermore I know that evolution has been observed.
But I'm not sure what you mean by "measuring evolution". Measuring the mutation rates? Measuring how a mutation spreads throughout a population? Measuring the timeline in which this occurs?

I believe that a natural law is regarded as a higher level of scientific reality than a theory.

I have never ever heard it said or taught that a theory is a scientific fact. I believe that you are just simply wrong here. Yes, this is something I don't know. What I do know rather, is that a theory is an effort to explain facts in a "unified representation of models and hypotheses". The best theories have the least amount of inconsistency as they attempt to tie observable or empirical data(facts) together. Not all theories are therefore equal in quality. Some need to be changed, new evidence comes to light. Sometimes however, we are limited by Paradigms, and it is still (or should still be) part of the Scientific Method to question these paradigms. The evolutionary world view is indeed a paradigm, but I pity the fool who tries to question it these days. Watch "Expelled".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you perceive my view as Arrogance, brother Hellstromm..then I won't try to change it. Just to mention a would-be last thought on the view at hand. Humility may be seen in the acceptance of what one does not possess as quality, as for one who poses as always having the/an (correct) answer, its up to any of you to give the term to such.

Just to remind though, please do share but please no one puts hatred into it. :nowink:

20th OF APRIL, 2010

Gospel for today:
John 6:30-35 The Bread of Life Discourse
Food for thought:
Christ-like hospitality is an open heart and an open home.
:indian:

DeletedUser

[...]Yes, this is something I don't know.

There you go.
A law is equal to a theory in regards to evidence. The difference is that a law describes what happens under certain conditions and is often expressed as a mathematical equation, whereas a theory provides an explanation how it works, elaborating causes and providing predictions and so on.
see law of gravity vs. theory of relativity.

Sometimes however, we are limited by Paradigms, and it is still (or should still be) part of the Scientific Method to question these paradigms. The evolutionary world view is indeed a paradigm, but I pity the fool who tries to question it these days.

That "fool" would surely become of the most famous guys in history and would be rewarded with plenty of prizes. However at the moment there is no model that could possibly challenge evolution. The genesis, Enki and thetan level fractions can't even set up a proper hypothesis in first place.

Watch "Expelled".

have a look at this: http://www.expelledexposed.com/

DeletedUser

Condescension. How cool that is. Did you feel empowered as you wrote that? Did you almost feel yourself lifted up to the top of a pillar or plateau from which you could look down upon the rest of us and bask in your incredibly superior being? And yet....your ability to make a point....to actually engage in the communication of ideas......is somehow strangely lacking.

*Yawn*

Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

You are obviously ignorant of what a scientific theory is and what it is not,
and in your ignorance you make mistake after mistake all of which are based upon
your lacking understanding of the subject you argue.

So please, do read up on it as you obviously have some gaping holes desperately craving to be filled,
in order to make your arguments based upon fact rather than opinion.

DeletedUser

*Yawn*

Are you still in gradeschool?

and in your ignorance you make mistake after mistake all of which are based upon

Once again, you bring absolutely nothing to the table.

please, do read up on it as you obviously have some gaping holes desperately craving to be filled,
making your arguments based upon fact rather than opinion.

I make my arguments based upon fact rather than opinion, yes agreed. Thanks for recognizing that.

DeletedUser

21st OF APRIL, 2010

Gospel for today:
John 6:35-40 The Bread of Life Discourse

Food for thought:
To realize the worth of the anchor, we need to feel the stress of the storm.
:indian:

DeletedUser

*Yawn*

So please, do read up on it as you obviously have some gaping holes desperately craving to be filled,
in order to make your arguments based upon fact rather than opinion.

I've been following this thread for awhile, never really commented on this. But, I've noticed a trend in your posts.

You contribute absolutely nothing to the topic. When somebody posts something that you disagree with, you call them a child, ignorant, etc. Then once they ask for you to actually reply about the topic, you continue on with calling them ignorant; and tell them to research it.

Honestly, I'm not sure as to why you even post on the forums, or even why your allowed to. You basically spam the topics by making your ego bigger by calling those less "educated" than yourself(can't really comment on this, since once again; you don't post squat) ignorant, stupid, and children. And then when we ask why is this so, you continue on your with your B.S.

Seriously, stop posting if you have nothing to contribute, other than calling us ignorant and little children.

------------

On another note:

Hypothesis, is just what you think is going to happen, or why it happens; and is able to be tested.
Theory, is a well "backed" or supported idea, occurring after repeated testing and whatnot. Theories, are never 100% correct; being that it can always be added upon and whatnot.

DeletedUser

I've been following this thread for awhile, never really commented on this. But, I've noticed a trend in your posts.

You contribute absolutely nothing to the topic. When somebody posts something that you disagree with, you call them a child, ignorant, etc. Then once they ask for you to actually reply about the topic, you continue on with calling them ignorant; and tell them to research it.

Honestly, I'm not sure as to why you even post on the forums, or even why your allowed to. You basically spam the topics by making your ego bigger by calling those less "educated" than yourself(can't really comment on this, since once again; you don't post squat) ignorant, stupid, and children. And then when we ask why is this so, you continue on your with your B.S.

Seriously, stop posting if you have nothing to contribute, other than calling us ignorant and little children.

You lot does make it easy, you know.
Perhaps you have been following the thread for quite some time, and perhaps not. In either case you can't have been following it for very long to make that assessment.

Why do I call these people ignorant?
Because they demonstrate in an unmistakable fashion that they are.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you have been following the thread for quite some time, and perhaps not. In either case you can't have been following it for very long to make that assessment.

How so? There's a reason why you call people children, ignorant, dumb, fools, whatnot. And it's not the way they act neither, you call them ignorant, because you disagree with them; when they ask for an explanation, they get called ignorant, children, and told to research it.

In my opinion, you have no right to call anybody ignorant. Because no matter the topic that is at hand, your response is always "you're an ignorant child, go research it." You've contributed nothing to most of the discussions that have gone on within this thread, I've never witnessed your knowledge on these topics; yet you're able to call us ignorant?

Maybe in fact, you're the one who is ignorant?

DeletedUser

No, he is in fact the one who has no answers, but says you're the one who is wrong to all the questions. He believes in things unproven and theorized, but refutes and scolds the logical beliefs.Try as much as you want, JR is not one to bother debating/argueing/discussing with on this subject.

DeletedUser

How so? There's a reason why you call people children, ignorant, dumb, fools, whatnot.
Yes, there is a very obvious reason why I call them ignorant.
Want a spoiler?
[spoil]
They are ignorant!
[/spoil]

And it's not the way they act neither, you call them ignorant, because you disagree with them;
when they ask for an explanation, they get called ignorant, children, and told to research it.
Uhmm, no. I don't call them ignorant for disagreeing with me, that's an error in perception on your part.
If you claim the earth is flat and 6000 years old and I disagree, then I'm not calling you ignorant due to us disagreeing,
I'm calling you ignorant because you lack factual knowledge.

In my opinion, you have no right to call anybody ignorant. Because no matter the topic that is at hand, your response is always "you're an ignorant child, go research it."
Wrong again.
I have read and studied quite a bit, and I know how easy it is to find information on the internet if one wants to learn.
Choosing to ignore the information easily found and then go on claiming all kinds of
inane things is not merely a display of ignorance but also one of laziness .

You've contributed nothing to most of the discussions that have gone on within this thread,
I've never witnessed your knowledge on these topics; yet you're able to call us ignorant?
Quite honestly, I don't recall all the discussions I have been in on in this thread.
There have been ample opportunity and cause to discuss subjects in this thread during the time I've frequented this forum.

Maybe in fact, you're the one who is ignorant?
Nice use of the "I know you are, but what am I?" rhetoric.
If you were wondering why I was calling people ignorant children, then you sir, just answered your own question.

No, he is in fact the one who has no answers, but says you're the one who is wrong to all the questions.
He believes in things unproven and theorized, but refutes and scolds the logical beliefs.
Try as much as you want, JR is not one to bother debating/argueing/discussing with on this subject.

I find that statement amusing on several levels.

No answers? Try Karma.

DeletedUser15169

I like the idea of this forum :D Too bad that is always makes a debate, but oh well. As for me, I can't see ALOT, although some, evidence for evolution. I do believe there is a higher power out there that keeps the universe in sync, even if its not 'God' how we think of Him.

DeletedUser

No, he is in fact the one who has no answers, but says you're the one who is wrong to all the questions. He believes in things unproven and theorized, but refutes and scolds the logical beliefs.Try as much as you want, JR is not one to bother debating/argueing/discussing with on this subject.
Oh what a bunch of crap. I'm not going to defend John, because he can defend himself here. But, seriously, John didn't say half the crap that xcentric is claiming he said. As to your bandwagon, Blondie, you simply have no idea what the hell you're talking about on just about any topic you discuss, and claiming something like "logical belief" is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Seriously, get an education and maybe John and others won't point out the ignorance repeatedly demonstrated in this and many other threads.

Right, kay, I'll return to this discussion at some other time, but for now I would prefer not to bother pointing out this juvenile dance of fallacious reasoning. Simply stated, Blondie, you're so invested in your beliefs, you refuse to think. That's your prerogative, but demonstrating your ignorance is going to open the door to criticism.

And xcentric, don't really care what your beef with John is. Fact remains you have not contributed to this discussion, so please avoid calling the kettle black.

Status
Not open for further replies.