Votes: 102 32.5%
  • No, I would not!

Votes: 212 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8677

No to what? and why? If you got something to say then say it best way you know how........If you don't have any reason other than NO then you don't make any sense to me and you appear very ignorant to me

If you would read the post Skull said that his first language is NOT English so he did the best he could and here you are bashing him/her for no explanation.......

It's not learning another language it's having the ability to understand that language i personally use an online translator to communicate with people from other nations and it work out great for me. the translator i use is http://translation2.paralink.com/. it is set up to translate several different languages.
I hope this help those of you who wish to speak with others in a different country that doe s not speak your language.

Statos

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

big yes from me its reasonable what the iceman said a lot of players do that and im sick of it

DeletedUser

LOL 15 min
REALLY REALLY HIGH

5 is enough
5 to enter in hotel
and 5 if you want to exit for example

DeletedUser

I actually disagree with the premise of this. What guarantee is there that you will be awake/logged on in order to catch the offender during the cooldown?

In fact, I would rather see a system where duelers (any type dueler) has to select how much money they choose to carry on them in order to sleep in foreign hotels. In essence a wallet. I really dislike this "magically transporting" money concept.

I think that would bring a more strategic bent to the game, as it would affect both full scale assaults as well as the "roaming" dueler. But I have gone off-topic here.

DeletedUser

I think this proposal has to be taken as that it's not designed to prevent camping, it's to allow retaliation. The 15 min. to enter a hotel would allow those people that are being attacked time to attack back, which I would think that everyone should agree is only fair.

The way the game works now though, even if I am online in the game and I am camped in the other players town and I see the report of being attacked almost instantly (that's a lot of if's, but it has happened to me before); I still can not attack that player back if he ducks back into the hotel. By making this change it would allow someone in that particular situation to be able to retaliate.

Would this effect duelers? Not really, because someone would already have to be camped out in your town ready to attack you for this to make a difference. The only ones that would really be effected are those that attack and then duck into the hotel, commonly referred to as campers.

And yes the camping does effect players leaving the game. I know of 2 players in W8 that have left because in order to stop a camper our towns openly attacked another town around the clock till they kicked the camper. Two players from that town quit because they were KO'ed for like 2 weeks straight. And they were not even the camper, they just happened to be in the same town with the camper. I am sure there are no stastics on exactly why players leave, but the camping aspect casues frustration of not being able to attack back. This change would at least give a player a posibility, no matter how small to attack someone back.

DeletedUser

........and when the Devs implement dueling to the players location rather than the players town, they will have no need for this. Be alot of work for nothing.

Never gonna happen, thank god.

DeletedUser

........and when the Devs implement dueling to the players location rather than the players town, they will have no need for this. Be alot of work for nothing.

Never gonna happen, thank god.

You are correct that it would not be needed IF the devs ever decide to implement dueling at the players location. That is one big IF there.

Dueling at a player location would have it's own interesting problems as well. What they should do is make it so duel instantly and then have to wait the 10 minutes to duel someone else. That would solve both problems but would also have it's own.

DeletedUser

No from me, as they can still duel you, when you stop sleeping.
You can not stay in the Hotel for to long, by then the bigger duellers can get you sooner or later.
Your time will come.

DeletedUser

No from me, as they can still duel you, when you stop sleeping.
You can not stay in the Hotel for to long, by then the bigger duellers can get you sooner or later.
Your time will come.

Being one of the people who protect my town I get frustrated waiting for days for a camper to wake up. On a whim I spent all day waiting in a camper's town and on-line watching. Twice they woke up and I queued the duel immediately and both times with about 30-45 seconds left I saw they were "asleep" and I was not able to duel them. The only way I can ever duel this particular player in W5 is to catch him on his travels between towns. If you don't like the 15 min rule how about letting a town designate a Town Marshall giving him the power to attack an offender who is camping in your town even if they are asleep. Just allow the Marshall to attack the camper once a day so he can't abuse the privilege but at least then you could get a feeling of satisfaction that you are somewhat able to protect your town.

DeletedUser

Now that is an interesting idea. >>100x better then the 15 minutes idea in my opinion.Care to start a thread on it in the brainfarts section Mulekick?

DeletedUser

First, if someone is only waking up to duel 2x a day then what is the big deal? Second, you can already hit a camper that is actually hitting your town all day long by delayed dueling.

DeletedUser

First, if someone is only waking up to duel 2x a day then what is the big deal? Second, you can already hit a camper that is actually hitting your town all day long by delayed dueling.

Delayed dueling? Sorry I don't understand, please explain. If a player is in the hotel, cues a duel and then cancels sleep, cues sleep to take place after the duel, how do you hit them? And I only saw the player up twice that day in actuality they hit 4 town members a grand total of 7 times.

If there is a way to be waiting to duel them instantly when they wake up I would like to know how to do that

DeletedUser

1> Try to find a pattern in the attacks.
2> When you see the camper awake, queu Sleep (, Sleep, Sleep if you have automation), Duel
3> When the camper is asleep, but you expect the camper to wake up again within 10 minutes for whatever reason, cancel all sleeps and keep the duel.

If he wakes up within 10 minutes and he goes attacking someone, then he's your sitting duck.

DeletedUser

Thanks Q, I have looked for a pattern but there has been no discernible one so far, I will try and figure one out as that would be a great help not only to me but my town as well

DeletedUser

Sometimes there is no pattern, and they might not necessarily sleep the full 8 hours. You might do what you suggest and get lucky sometimes, but then again you might not. I think that is why so many people have problems with the camping in towns.

DeletedUser

Sometimes there is no pattern, and they might not necessarily sleep the full 8 hours. You might do what you suggest and get lucky sometimes, but then again you might not. I think that is why so many people have problems with the camping in towns.

Ye, why don't we just make it you can duel folks at any time. Let's just take all the skill and stratagy out of the game, it would make it a whole lot easier.

DeletedUser

You're right, Dazzy...there's no skill involved in just building a strong fighter in the first place. No strategy involved in building a character that performs well under both offense and defense conditions. Why bother to do that when all you have to do is hide in a hotel?

Sorry. I don't care how often you say it...I'll never buy into your rhetoric and I highly doubt anyone with half a noodle in their noggin' will either.

Delayed dueling only works if your target performs their duels in a predictable pattern. They shake their pattern, it's all a crapshoot. Nothing new being discussed here folks...

DeletedUser

Sorry. I don't care how often you say it...I'll never buy into your rhetoric and I highly doubt anyone with half a noodle in their noggin' will either.
Apparently only 99 people on the forums have more than 1/2 a noodle. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.