Creation vs Evolution Deathmatch

DeletedUser

lol, I am not a Christian. If anything I think Jonathan Livingston Seagullism is closer to the way I would like things to work. Almost like a video game. Who knows, maybe we are like sea monkeys in some fish bowl. My father once said he saw god by thinking a thought with no data, causing his mind to work in a fury attaining unimaginable speed and ultimately spinning a thread of thought. The feeling was so awesome he did it again. And again, working up to spinning so many threads that he actually attained a level he thought god was at. That is, until he felt the presence of god all around him and so far above the level he was at.
I hear you can achieve the same state with LSD.

Don't you find it at all interesting that in all these "truths" he came up with, not a single one is testable? As you said, no cure for cancer, no powerball numbers... absolutely nothing of use.

It sounds like Card's version of philotic twining, which I've always like the idea of, but I think your dad needs a neurological exam.

DeletedUser

Well, his ideas are as valid as any religion. As far as "nothing of use", well, just because you don't know which questions he wanted truly answered in his heart does not mean that what he came away with was of no use. Given a chance to have your deepest questions answered it would be wonderful to think that you would go for the cure for cancer or any number of things of that import but what would you really ask? As I said, one the "truths" is that there is no such thing as triviality. As far as his mental condition he has since had cardio myopathy, kind of like a heart attack/stroke or combination of both, and suffered oxygen deprivation because I did not find him soon enough. He is still alive and I take care of him but he is a shadow of his former self and intelect, and I still rate him as smarter than the average bear.
There are actually quite a few philosophical writings that try and explain the same thing my father went through, but as I said, words fail.

DeletedUser

Well, his ideas are as valid as any religion.
I could just as easily say his ideas are as INvalid as any religion.

I'm sorry to hear about his cardiomyopathy, but I can't help but wonder why in all the truths of the world, the question asked is "what is the lowest number?".

You can claim that nothing is trivial, but that does not exclude differing values of things. In other words, you can say nothing is worthless, but you *can* say that the method of finding peace between religions, or method of reversing disease (say, cardiomyopathy?), etc are much more important than "2 is the lowest number".

I recommend you read Ender's Game series by Card, and about his theory on philotic twinings - I think you'd find it interesting.

DeletedUser

Read it and all the other books in the series, even the newest one, loved them all. You would have had to have met my father then to understand the numbers thing. He designed the SMS800 mainframe system that routes all 1-800 numbers. For a while it was the biggest, fastest, mainframe on the planet. He was also THE database guru. He wrote Databasic in the late seventies and it is still in use today. One of the things that fascinated him about databases was being able to run cardinality sorts. He also invented the Hierarchical sort. He was quite an impressive intellect, but as with most people that intelligent he could be considered to be a little crazy and a lot misunderstood.

DeletedUser

Someone told me a couple hundred billion years ago that two rocks collided in space and that created the universe. My question was who made the rocks?

Hi everyone i just wanted everyone here to know that GOD is real. He loves each and everyone of us whether we believe in him or not. He sent his son Jesus to the world some 2000 years ago so everyone could be saved. The great thing about God is that he gave everyone of us a free will he won't make us do anything. He wont make us believe in him or love him. He is real and that is evident just look around. Trees, plants, the ocean, stars, and the solar system do you really think all of that happened by chance. Come on your not fooling anybody scientist have been trying to prove that god wasn't real for years and they can't. Everyone evolutionist follows Darwin and the only thing he ever found that was even close to real evidence was a skull from an ape he said was 400,000 years old. When it was tested it was found to be a skull of a recently deceased ape which was acid washed to simulate old age. If thats the best evidence that sure isn't much proof that two rocks ran into each other and created everything we see hear today. Bottom line is God wants to save us from our sin and if you want to know how to be saved start reading in john chapter three. Thanks everyone for reading.

DeletedUser

Someone told me a couple hundred billion years ago that two rocks collided in space and that created the universe. My question was who made the rocks?

Whoever told you that has as much knowledge of science as the average YEC: little to none.

Let's assume that is a valid theory for a moment. If the rocks require a creator...who created God?

DeletedUser

Someone lied to you. There is absolutely no evidence that in any way remotely suggested that happened. This is why people see creationists as ignorant.

You should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc34hvD4

Just so you know it was an evolutionist that told me. My next question would be then how did it start? Lastly you shouldn't make jokes about GOD he is real and he loves you despite the sacreligious jokes you make. I wish you would do something for wait until the stars come out tonight and sit outside for 30 minutes just looking up at the sky and tell me that you don't know that he made them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just so you know it was an evolutionist that told me.
So the common theme is that you believe anything you hear without any indication of support behind it?

patrico said:
My next question would be then how did it start? Lastly you shouldn't make jokes about GOD he is real and he loves you despite the sacreligious jokes you make. I wish you would do something for wait until the stars come out tonight and sit outside for 30 minutes just looking up at the sky and tell me that you don't know that he made them.
1) no one made any religious joke.
2) shiny objects are not proof of any diety
3) go turn on your gas stove and watch it burn for a while (that's how stars work, and you're not a diety)

Questions are always welcomed, but you're asking about the Big Bang, which is not evolution.

DeletedUser

Oh my. If an evolutionist told you that I would say that either they are not truly educated in that field or, more likely, you misinterpreted what was said. To save argument lets just say that the 2 banging rocks together theory is not anything we have ever heard before so it would be wrong.

As far as looking at the stars, I will look up and see big balls of gas. Beautiful yes, made by a magical creature, no. I can tell my kids that unicorns make candy canes and make them believe it. It isn't true but that doesn't mean if they truly believe what I told them that they won't defend their views on it to everyone.

I'm glad you are happy with your god. It is no excuse to have blind ignorance to logic.

Edit: Good point Mootoon. Big Bang Theory and Evolution are not the same thing. Obviously this person knows so little they don't even know what they are debating about.

DeletedUser

Oh my. If an evolutionist told you that I would say that either they are not truly educated in that field or, more likely, you misinterpreted what was said. To save argument lets just say that the 2 banging rocks together theory is not anything we have ever heard before so it would be wrong.

As far as looking at the stars, I will look up and see big balls of gas. Beautiful yes, made by a magical creature, no. I can tell my kids that unicorns make candy canes and make them believe it. It isn't true but that doesn't mean if they truly believe what I told them that they won't defend their views on it to everyone.

I'm glad you are happy with your god. It is no excuse to have blind ignorance to logic.

Edit: Good point Mootoon. Big Bang Theory and Evolution are not the same thing. Obviously this person knows so little they don't even know what they are debating about.

Ok lets say that evolutionist dont believe the big bang theory then how do you believe the universe started?

DeletedUser

see, that's a perfect example of you not correctly interpreting what he said, and then restating the wrong conclusion as fact. No one said evolutionists do or don't believe in the big bang theory. We both said that evolution and the big bang are two separate issues. The start of the universe, and the diversity of species, are not reliant on one another, and can be studies as two separate systems.

SCIENCE, as a whole, shows proof towards the big bang, being that all the matter in the universe started as a single point in space, exploded away from it, and has been expanding every since. When we look at the universe, we can still very clearly see this drifting away from a single point. That point is Hoboken, New Jersey.

edit: just to be clear, the jersey thing was a joke...

DeletedUser

Once again, evolution has nothing to do with how the universe started.

Anything I say you are going to say "God made that". There is no debating with blind fundies like yourself. All the answers end with god. All that does it make people stop asking questions. When you stop asking questions you become ignorant. If you truly want to know about the big bang theory I suggest you do the research yourself from respected scientific sources. Remember now, you are researching how the universe began, not evolution. Baby steps. Two different subjects.

Actually here you go. Since you need to take baby steps I supply you with 2 sites to begin your educational journey. I think even you can understand these. The first is a nice short explanation of the big bang theory. The second is a little more indepth but directed at children. No big words ;)

http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/universe/origins-universe-article.html

http://www.esa.int/esaKIDSen/SEMSZ5WJD1E_OurUniverse_0.html

Then come back when you have at least an understanding that evolution and big bang are not the same thing.

DeletedUser

Ok since you guys insist on being jerks heres an evolution question. If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?

DeletedUser

I think I'd have to question anything someone says they were told a couple hundred billion years ago! I've heard a lot of theories on the beginning of the universe, but 2 rocks colliding is a new one. I'm guessing that either the person you talked to was unclear or you got things a bit mixed up there.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I think this person (may I say troll?) has found a list of common joke questions. "If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?" is one of the classics.

But regardless, evolution refers to a common ancestor. If you are truthful my advice would be to get a clear idea of what the content of the theories are (not just what they are answering), they are pretty simple on the surface so you could go through both in less than an hour.

Asking educated questions is much better than forcing people to clean up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Again, go educate yourself. It is not our responsibility to debate these issues with you when you know too little about them. You already have your mind set on god did everything.

If you want to answer questions with questions then answer me this. Why are there so many different species of finches? Why are there places on the Earth where you can find a specific animal in only one place? Why are polar bears and arctic foxes white to blend in with their background...coincidence? Why does the embryo of a tortoise, chicken, salamander and human all look so much alike? I know its pointless to ask because the answer will be 'god works in mysterious ways' or 'that is how god wanted it'. Wonderful. So glad you have faith. I don't even mean that in a nasty way, I truly mean I think it is wonderful you have faith. Faith is no reason to just blindly accept whatever is spoonfed to you though.

I think you summed it up rather nicely when you said:
The great thing about God is that he gave everyone of us a free will he won't make us do anything.
That's right. He don't make you do anything. You don't have to educate yourself, you don't need to ask questions, you don't need to do anything but believe in him. He made you lazy. Lazy people are easy to control.

DeletedUser

Again, go educate yourself. It is not our responsibility to debate these issues with you when you know too little about them. You already have your mind set on god did everything.

If you want to answer questions with questions then answer me this. Why are there so many different species of finches? Why are there places on the Earth where you can find a specific animal in only one place? Why are polar bears and arctic foxes white to blend in with their background...coincidence? Why does the embryo of a tortoise, chicken, salamander and human all look so much alike? I know its pointless to ask because the answer will be 'god works in mysterious ways' or 'that is how god wanted it'. Wonderful. So glad you have faith. I don't even mean that in a nasty way, I truly mean I think it is wonderful you have faith. Faith is no reason to just blindly accept whatever is spoonfed to you though.

I think you summed it up rather nicely when you said:
That's right. He don't make you do anything. You don't have to educate yourself, you don't need to ask questions, you don't need to do anything but believe in him. He made you lazy. Lazy people are easy to control.

You talk like you know everything and you dont even have a book to go buy most of you theories were formed in the early 1800s. The bible i believe was written over 2000 years ago. So it sounds to me like you just believe anything you are told. The bible states facts and the only thing i've heard from you was theory this or theory that.

Just so you know there is alot more to being a christian that just believing. I not going to talk to you about that though you need to go research it first.

DeletedUser

Ok since you guys insist on being jerks heres an evolution question. If we evolved from apes why are there still apes?
we didn't evolve from apes. notice how you tend to start statements with "facts" which are completely inaccurate? we diverged from a common ancestor.

You talk like you know everything and you dont even have a book to go buy most of you theories were formed in the early 1800s. The bible i believe was written over 2000 years ago. So it sounds to me like you just believe anything you are told. The bible states facts and the only thing i've heard from you was theory this or theory that.
1800s? Yet again you have no clue what you're talking about. We're going on evidence that is continually coming in, is current, reproducible, and testable. That's what determines understaning: evidence.