mele/firearms weapons

DeletedUser

ok so this is a idea to solve a conflict of wich way should a adventurer go to get the most out of jobs but not be a real crapy dueler by spliting all their vigor and shooting to do better in jobs.

first there well be weapons that are used for both and gain 50% of the each skill for damage

heres an example

Rifle w/ bayonet

requires lvl 43
melee / fire arm

damage 45 - 64

bonus's 3+vigor 3+shooting

just an example tell me what every one thinks.

Diggo11

^^^

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

It could benefit duellers as well, could be a good new tactic.

Anyway what decides if the attack is ranged or melee?

P.S. Luap your avatar scares me...

DeletedUser

ok so this is a idea to solve a conflict of wich way should a adventurer go to get the most out of jobs but not be a real crapy dueler by spliting all their vigor and shooting to do better in jobs.

first there well be weapons that are used for both and gain 50% of the each skill for damage

heres an example

Rifle w/ bayonet

requires lvl 43
melee / fire arm

damage 45 - 64

just an example tell me what every one thinks.

That example should be soldier only, for obvious reasons.

DeletedUser

As John Rose said, it's screaming to be soldier only, BUT rifles and bows are shootout weapons, and will apparently be implemented when forts are. Adding a rifle before that for another reason wouldn't really fit.

Diggo11

I don't see why it should be restricted to soldiers. Like all weapons it should be available to every class, otherwise this gives an unfair advantage.

But I still want to know what decides if any given attack is melee or ranged.

DeletedUser

I don't see why it should be restricted to soldiers. Like all weapons it should be available to every class, otherwise this gives an unfair advantage.

But I still want to know what decides if any given attack is melee or ranged.
Why even ask? This is a brainstorm. Suggest your preference.

DeletedUser

i suppose u would have the choice to either shoot or stab somewhere. (dueling section maybe? we could click on the vigor to choose melee, and shooting to choose firearm

definately must be expensive, since it gives u the choice of having either melee or range.

Got a question : since we're gonna give it a hybrid choice, original weapons can also be converted to melee/firearm. Pistols can be used to pistol-whip some1 and melee weapons can be thrown at someone.:D

of course that would be a little too far-fetched

Diggo11

Nah I don't think combining weapons into new ones is a good idea.

And yes it should be 3x the cost of regular weapons. This is for the ranged part, the melee part and and additional cost for the ability to use both at once.

DeletedUser

3x the cost woo that is a lot

so what can we have axes and knifes to throw.
rifle with bayonet (someone played cod5)
stones to throw.
i think steel cap toes would be a cool weapon :)
a whip
a lighter anyone so that you can set people on fire?

Diggo11

Yeah I think 3x is reasonable - 2/3 of that is paying for the ranged and melee weapon. That only leaves 1/3 of the cost for having the ability to use both at once.

And I strongly oppose any form of combining weapons.

But I think this should wait for the shoot-outs to be introduced, just to see what weapons are there and if certain names are "taken".

DeletedUser

Rifle w/ bayonet

requires lvl 43
melee / fire arm

damage 45 - 64

I think that the bayonet rifle should be a shoot-out weapon to be specifically used by soldiers only, but in duels, it would automatically be a vigor weapon. So in essence, it is a 2 in 1, but not combining melee or shooting in a duel.

Good enough?

Diggo11

Ok why does everyone want to make thing soldiers only?

Everyone should have access to all weapons!

Red Falcon

I like this idea, but combined weapons should not be limited for soldier use only. That would be class-biased and then everyone would choose to only be soldiers and the other classes would go to waste.

Diggo11

I like this idea, but combined weapons should not be limited for soldier use only. That would be class-biased and then everyone would choose to only be soldiers and the other classes would go to waste.
Oh nah, you don't think I kinda just said that?