Fire!

DeletedUser9470

Proposal
It has always been said that attaining max level on a build, whether that be a character, town or fort, makes the game extremely boring.
Ideas and suggestions up untill now have always been along the lines of making more levels to build etc.
My idea is the possibility to destroy levels so they then can be rebuilt, by fire!

Current Workaround
Get bored and quit the game.

Details
Destroying towns and forts with fire.

There are 2 parts to this:

1-lighting the fire:
Like any fort battle is instigated, a leader (BLACK HAT ONLY) would have to travel to the fort or town he wishes to set alight.

firefightingtownshot1.png

Like a fort battle he would have the option of spending town money to light a fire
$3000 seems to be the best amount for lighting a fire as it is fairly easy to put them out when you get help from townmates.
If you are alone in your town it would prove to be more difficult taking you longer to fill the bar up...
Would this entice to having full towns?

firefightingtownshot2-1.png

He (the town leader) would have the possibility of choosing which building he would like to set on fire, and then he has to decide the order by which the other buildings catch on fire.

firefightingtownshot3.png

Congratulations! you have successfully started a fire!

This leads to the second part:

2-Putting the fire out.
This would be the same page as the construction page.

firefighting-2.png

Putting out a fire would be the same as constructing the town, it would earn same xp/hour.
Once the experience bar has been filled the fire has been put out.
Featuring a timer showing how much time is left before the building looses a level.
If the building looses a level you still have to finish filling the bar to put the fire out.
If not the fire continues to destroy...

You would now need to rebuild buildings that suffered damage.

Labour points
My suggestion: construction*2, stamina*1, Leadership*1, reflex*1= 5LP a level 1 can do it.
This would favour builders but would still let anyone join in.
It was common to form a chain to put a fire out in those days, the more hands on deck, the quicker the fire is put out.

This Whole system would also apply to forts.

So, the scenario is:
Black hat walks to a town/fort, instigates a fire by spending his own towns money.
As a result, the town on fire then looses 1 building level every day until every level of every building is down to 1.
By which time the fire has died out by itself.

Things to look forward to should this idea be lucky enough to get through:
Firefighter set
Town war tactics
Teamwork
Pyromaniac medals
Fire extinguishing medals
...?

Abuse Prevention
If there were multiple attacks on a town then that town would need a few people to put the fires out. EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO JOIN IN!
A building cannot be destroyed any lower than level 1.(thus the mortician cannot be set on fire)
A fire would bring the buildings level down by 1 level/24 hours.
Shops items will remain the same. (if your shop is destroyed, rebuilding it will not get you new items, you will simply have access to the items stocked on original build)
A Town Hat cannot instigate more than 1 fire/day in the same enemy town. he would have to wait 24 hours.
As the residences degrade the lowest ranked players get booted. one lost residence level = 5 lowest level players of the town booted.
As town points degrade and go under minimum required to own a fort, the town looses all of their forts which get passed on to the 2nd in line in those forts.

Summary
This is one major implement with a lot of positives and not many downsides.
This idea would:
-Keep towns homogeneous in terms of types of characters residing.
-Give builders a lot more work
-Make the game more complex with fires to light, fires to put out, fires before fort battles, multiple fires, fire fighting, building, teamwork...
-Give town wars, fort wars, alliance wars a new twist
-Take money out of the game
-Add more options for town-leaders
-Make the game a lot more fun

Innogames would be served for giving players a lot more work thus getting more premium sold.
If there is more to do, new worlds wouldn't need to be designed and a lot more server space would be free in the future.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes, i hope so.
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No i hope not.

All in all its an idea.
Dont knock my paintjobs too much, I tried my best until I ran out of patience!
:p

Any suggestions are welcome, please be constructive and come forth with help so we can try and make this game better.

Kind regards to all.

-Neo-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very detailed and well thought out idea.
I'm not sure if youve seen this before on the roadmap but the devs are planning to add town deterioration to the game http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=38751
It doesn't say much about how the towns will deteriorate so I guess that's open to ideas and could be a good one.

DeletedUser

as said by the cool, well thought idea. yes it will be considered deterioration but this is one why we can destroy other towns and you can use dynamite for quick results.
the only suggestion i would like to add is starting fire takes 5 mins. once you give order to set something on fire can not take it back means you will not be able to cancel the job.
the stuff you need will be @ general store no need of money- match, torch, dry wood(may be it can be a new job"pick up dry sticks"), dry hay or some other thing, oil(product or petroleum), etc. NO MONEY NEEDED. it will require some planing to set fire and it will not be setting up fire as someone wishes. ANOTHER IMPORTANT- the items can only be bought at your own town store.

putting out the fire requires 5 min. and water which is free.
then you will have to repair the damage done by the fire. example if fire goes on for 6 hr. so damage done to the building is 25% means the points lost are 25%. worker or anyone can rebuild the building.

the fire can only be set to maxed out buildings.

if you like above mentioned ideas include them in the post.

DeletedUser

Maybe they could add a fire station and a water tank to the town so you could put out the fire and if you do build you cant put it out

DeletedUser

The Roadmap!
Unlimited bilding levels
A building in the town (like the church) can now be constructed to virtually endless size, and give minimal advantages.
Reasons:

• Something to do for builders
Town/building deterioration
Buildings with high levels deteriorate over time
Reasons:

• More use for builders
  • No limitation for new towns
  • Money gets pulled out of the world
The plan obviously already exists and there is no need to add more to it. Especially not by suggested "paying money to set a fire". Why pay for something that will happen automatically?
It's really odd that someone who plays this game since the first day it appeared didn't know The Roadmap thread exists.

Please dont post noob answers like "No, No and NO AND NO AND NO AND BIG NO!" or "No, 1 star"---> this doesnt help and is in no way constructive.

As a biggest n00b on this forum I'll say:
No, No and NO AND NO AND NO AND BIG NO!" and "No, 1 star".

DeletedUser16008

Nicely thought out Neo,

would be far more interesting to have fire induced damage etc than just a lame over time deterioration of a town, that way just means small towns will have a huge disadvantage whereas fire is a far better idea or even add on ..

Id certainly pay for a fire as opposed to calling forts all the time, we must have something to use all this crazy amount of spare town money on so many towns have.

A big Yes from me

DeletedUser

The Roadmap!
The plan obviously already exists and there is no need to add more to it. Especially not by suggested "paying money to set a fire". Why pay for something that will happen automatically?
It's really odd that someone who plays this game since the first day it appeared didn't know The Roadmap thread exists.

As a biggest n00b on this forum I'll say:
No, No and NO AND NO AND NO AND BIG NO!" and "No, 1 star".

It's really odd that someone who spend 90% their time being negative on the ideas section can not see that I already posted about the roadmap :rolleyes:

I really like the water tower idea as there is a water tower on the town image it would be better if we had to build it too.

DeletedUser

BIG NO FROM ME. I dislike the idea :(.

DeletedUser22575

it really looks to me like it would be much easier to burn the town down as you have proposed than to put it out.

Anyone could start a fire...and you could have 4 or 5 players from one town starting them...or 10 or 15 if alliances worked together to start them..

and under the proposed putting out the fire system those who could most effectively do so would be workers who would be effected by motivations.

you would have far more who could effectively start fires than those who could effectively put them out.

End result..not a town that was deteriorating...but a new form of warfare to destroy towns/forts.

So..NO

DeletedUser

let me be noob too : NO

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
We don't need no water let the ........... burn
Burn ............ burn..:laugh:

I agree with you we dont need this. Workers have enough jobs to do they just need now to put out the fire :hmf: What if we agree let say 10 people goes and put fire all time on purposely there is big chances that town will burn out in few days and one or two worker will not be able to put fire off and you know how mutch is needed to build hole town :hmf:

DeletedUser9470

thank you all for all the positive feedback.

i like the water tower idea, that would be a new building to build and would enhance rate at which fires are put out.

the reason why i think calling fires with money is the best option is because of the amounts of cash in the game.
I remember it being extremely hard to get enough cash to do a tiny respec, let alone call a battle, it was very interesting, buying an item was making a huge call and would affect your game for ages.
Now with the huge amounts of cash that get earnt, its easily possible to call multi battles every day for months on end. so this idea would take a lot of money out of the game and fires would then become rare events especially if the price to start a fire was $10k.

this would seriously enhance town wars.
for example if you had multi hats call 10 fires on 1 town and they all started the fire on the residences, residences would go down and people would be kicked. thus bringing the town points down. who gets kicked from that town is another issue to be discussed, but i think in this scenario the game should kick the low levels of the town as the fire progresses through residences levels.

also it would be a way of pressurising a whole town. the fire needs to be put out, to save time and money for the town.
If i had a fire in my town demolishing buildings i would be the first person trying to put it out, that would be a change from my 20 duel day which has become boring. i feel for all those who only get 10 reports/day.

as for forts it could be just the same, instead of declaring a fort battle you declare a fire and target one of the buidings and the rest of the buildings should the fire be left to spread.
for instance you could target the soldier tower, this would lower the bonuses for that tower, making it easier to take the fort.
this would lead to tactics a lot more complex and proper fights rather than the usual boring multi, where do i go? o we lost a fort cos all our defenders went to the wrong battle! could be set up by a 5 year old... tactic.

like i have said before everyone is fighting against everyone else and not against the game.

Its about making the game more interesting, more fun, with more features, more options and a lot less boring.

this would bring workers and adventurers into the gameplay and group play. these outsiders would have to get involved in the team, rather than just doing their own thing.

DeletedUser22575

well you talk about the residence dropping and kicking players.

but what about forts.

if i remember correctly there is a town point requirement for the different size forts to build them.

so if a towns points dropped below the points required would they get booted to? I mean if you are now below the point requirement to be able to build a fort, how could you now own it?

DeletedUser9470

well you talk about the residence dropping and kicking players.

but what about forts.

if i remember correctly there is a town point requirement for the different size forts to build them.

so if a towns points dropped below the points required would they get booted to? I mean if you are now below the point requirement to be able to build a fort, how could you now own it?

thats a good idea!
maybe towns do get booted?
i think that would be good!

as to what you say about putting out fires:

it wouldnt take very long for 49 players to put a fire out would it?
so if it cost 10k then that would be a nice10 k wasted by that town...

it is difficult to sort the balance out between how easy/costly it is to start a fire and how easy/costly it is to put it out.
this im sure can be worked out very easily by innogames devs.

the debate at the mo is whether or not you like the demolishing/rebuilding idea, what xp/costs etc are only details that can be refined.

DeletedUser

Well instead of players starting fire's why not have a deterioration system. Maybe the high the level of buiding the faster it deteriorates. If a building needs repairs though is close to leveling up , if they level it up the repairs restore to fully repair aswell. Like when we level up we get full HP and energy.
Maybe repairing builds might require items too, like hammer, nails and wood.
If a building reaches 0% repair the level drops by 1 of that building.
Don't get me wrong I don't think builds should deteriorate by a day maybe a week to drop by 1 level.
It could cost no energy though you will not get any XP either, though it will still take time to repair and items maybe.
repairbuild.jpg

I like the idea of fire though maybe again it should be a system thing instead of a player starting it.
A fire starts randomly on a building every town member gets a warning and the town has 4hrs to get to town and put the fire out. Takes 15mins to put the fire out, small XP reward.
Cost 6 energy, to put the fire out something like that, if no one puts the fire out within the 4hrs then that building drops by one lvl.

Would add drama and team play to make sure the town doesn't crumble to dust !

DeletedUser22575

I will say this idea has some possibilities.

and i don't mind those who have the guts to man up trying to come and burn a town or fort if it could be worked out.

but i do mind those using the quest ko being able to come do this when they personally can't even be dueled as a repercussion for their actions...sneak into a town..start it on fire...then sneak back out all safe because they are hiding behind a 48 hour quest ko and planning on doing it again as soon as their 48 hours are up. i don't see the fun in that...i just see it as a way for them to destroy the dueling towns.

i am open to new ideas to make the game more fun and enjoyable to all...but there is going to have to be some changes and balance to the system for that to happen.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of fire though maybe again it should be a system thing instead of a player starting it.
A fire starts randomly on a building every town member gets a warning and the town has 4hrs to get to town and put the fire out. Takes 15mins to put the fire out, small XP reward.
Cost 6 energy, to put the fire out something like that, if no one puts the fire out within the 4hrs then that building drops by one lvl.

Would add drama and team play to make sure the town doesn't crumble to dust !
And what about with ghost towns? They will not exist in 2 months with random fire ;):p

DeletedUser22085

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
We don't need no water let the ........... burn
Burn ............ burn..:laugh:

I agree with you we dont need this. Workers have enough jobs to do they just need now to put out the fire :hmf: What if we agree let say 10 people goes and put fire all time on purposely there is big chances that town will burn out in few days and one or two worker will not be able to put fire off and you know how mutch is needed to build hole town :hmf:
fun part
some players(read noobs) dont get how my and my alien:D... I mean opposite allience!Will use all metods to destroy you
sirious part
good idea but i will get abused A LOT!