Fire!

DeletedUser

some players(read noobs) dont get how my and my alien:D... I mean opposite allience!Will use all metods to destroy you
Heil yeah!!! you will become a pyromaniac :laugh: just imagine if this idea pass hole world will burn in 24hours :laugh:

DeletedUser

Well I don't like this idea at all. I just don't. Also I see a way to abuse this. You ask someone to light your shops up so you can rebuild it and get better items then the first time;).

DeletedUser

Well I don't like this idea at all. I just don't. Also I see a way to abuse this. You ask someone to light your shops up so you can rebuild it and get better items then the first time;).

Whats so bad about that ? with merchant now it doesn't really matter, you make so little cash from townless players buying from your shops.
And the best players stick together, just because your town has what you think our the best items you will struggle to get members let alone the best players. (best being most active and good at what they do)

DeletedUser9470

thats an awesome idea!
as it entails a lot of work and people spending premium then i think this is even better!
thank you for your suggestion!
:D

DeletedUser22085

are you kidding?!

P.S
burn pyromaniac s town!(get it?then it becomes endless:D)

DeletedUser9470

i just wanted to say that the idea of all towns being burned down is completely ludicrous.

lets say for example you are in a rich town, maybe 300000 cash.
a fire costs 10000. so along these lines you could light 30 fires.

what do you do next?
what do you do when you are out of money and cant even afford to hit a small fort?

exactly, you wouldnt be able to cos now you are poor.

Deleted User - 1278415

Let me know when you think this idea has finished reaching its full potential and is declared vote worthy.

DeletedUser26406

BIG NO FROM ME. I dislike this idea :(.
Well Um I don't want to sound negative but....well...I...Maybe...agree? perhaps
lg_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29035

cool this will give workers something to do! + it sounds fun!

DeletedUser

Would there be some sort of "Push" Rule about having a friend alight your shops so you can re-build, hopefully getting better items?

DeletedUser9470

no, no push rules, if you want to burn your house down then do so.
with the market you can get anything you want anyway so i dont think anyone would do this.

DeletedUser22575

no, no push rules, if you want to burn your house down then do so.
with the market you can get anything you want anyway so i dont think anyone would do this.

Sure they will. It will be a matter of we didn't get this precise item, or this or that..so burn it down so the builders can try again.

I mean why should they pay more on the market when they can just do a self reconstruction through fire.

DeletedUser

Sure they will. It will be a matter of we didn't get this precise item, or this or that..so burn it down so the builders can try again.

I mean why should they pay more on the market when they can just do a self reconstruction through fire.

2 ways to solve this problem of abuse you speak of, 1 is that shops can not be burnt down at all.
So only hotel, town hall, sheriff office, market, mortician, bank, residences and they could add church to the build.
Still big inconvience having these buildings burnt down 1 level, especially mortician, bank and hotel if they dont have a barracks to sleep in.

Other option is your shops will remember the items you sold , you will always get the same items no matter if the builing drops a level and is rebuilt.

DeletedUser9470

2 ways to solve this problem of abuse you speak of, 1 is that shops can not be burnt down at all.
So only hotel, town hall, sheriff office, market, mortician, bank, residences and they could add church to the build.
Still big inconvience having these buildings burnt down 1 level, especially mortician, bank and hotel if they dont have a barracks to sleep in.

Other option is your shops will remember the items you sold , you will always get the same items no matter if the builing drops a level and is rebuilt.

thanks DRB, ivetaken your suggestion into account and added it.

I HAVE CHANGED OP slightly.
added more pics.

theres a few things i would likeyou guys to help with:
how much should a fire cost to instigate?
i origanally thought $10000, but come to think of it, at this price people would much rather instigate a fort battle. so maybe $5000.

Please bare in mind that with these fires your town budget will decrease drastically.
before long you wont be able to afford to start a fire or a fort battle and you will be asking your townmates to chip in to the town treasury.

to put a fire out would be exactly the same as completing a building level, it would cost the town the same money to work on a fire than it would to work on a building.
in terms of time, it could take 2 hours if everyone in town is helping, it could take 8 hours if a builder is on his own.
because it is so easy to put a fire out maybe the price should be decreased to $3000?

i like the water tower idea and that could then lead to stocking town water supplies (a new job?)
but this is an idea that could be discussed and voted on if the fire idea is successfull in being implemented.

thank you for helping out to see this get through.

odd that a 0% dueller is trying to make builders and adventurers games more exciting!
dont you think?
:D

DeletedUser15169

Love the idea, would definitely add a whole new dimension to the war part of the game.

As for the water tower: Water should be collected by means of water buckets. The current way to get a bucket of water for the 'firefighter set' is to do the quest in the saloon. This could be changed so you get an empty bucket from the saloon as much as you want, however there would be a catch to filling it up. --Say you have 5 empty buckets. To fill them up you go do some river fishing, stream fishing, or fixing the river. Now the catch -- instead of being garenteed to fill the bucket up, there would be a 1% chance for every 10 minutes of the job you did (so for 30 minutes 3% chance to fill the bucket, for 2 hrs 12%, and so on) When you have a full bucket you can use it by taking it to the 'Water tower' in town and putting into a community inventory just like fort items are currently done. The tower could eventually be filled with water buckets and there would be no need to restock the tower until they were used in putting out a fire.
(Note: The same would apply to the forts of course.)

The next thing is the cost---$3000 would definitely be a better figure, but it should not be just upto the counselors to set the fire. Instead why not get some of the other members involved after the 'fire setting' has been declared? To do this it would be easy to require say 10 towns people to set fire on a 50 member town, 5 for a 25 member town, 3 for a 10 member town, 2 for a 5 member town, etc. (Of course if a 1 member town was being set on fire it would obviously take 1 person to set the town on fire)

DeletedUser9470

I like your ideas JD.
do not think Im dissmissing them.
the problem i have at the moment is getting the initial fire idea through.
the more complicated the idea is the less likely it will get the golden 75% vote.

for sure this idea opens a lot of doors, maybe possibilities for future updates?
water towers, gathering water, calling fires with multiple people are all excellent ideas but its important that the main fire idea gets through first.

I think the $3000 you suggest is closer to what would be reasonable.

also ive been asked how putting the fire out would work?
when a town building is on fire, you have the fire bar to fill, the same as a construction bar.
it takes same amount of work and gives same amount of xp as the build bar of the level of the building in question.
say your building was level 7, to fill the level 8 bar would take x amount of work, to put the fire out would take the same amount of work.
does this make sense?

im doing my best to see this idea through, i hope that most will support it.
thank you again for your input and time
Neo

DeletedUser15169

ahh ok yeah I see, new things can always be discussed to add after the idea is actually implemented :)

DeletedUser

Still i think will not pass. If a vote will say yes I still think the devs will so no because of "Hard to make/add" or something. HOWEVER if something like this would go under development then for some reason "sabotage" would sound better for me. It would destroys 1 lvl right away, it has 50% chance of success, takes 4 hours and in chance of fail you lose all money, health, energy. a lot simpler and just as effective.

HEY WAIT A SEC!!!!! Are those pics snapshots of your town? 84 forts? You show of.

DeletedUser22575

Neo

what did you decide about the residence loosing points and citizens.

Same with town points and forts?

DeletedUser9470

Neo

what did you decide about the residence loosing points and citizens.

Same with town points and forts?

imo it would be good that as the residences degrade the lowest ranked players get booted.
only the black hat is unbootable.
so every lost residences level = 5 players booted.

same for forts, if town level goes below the amount of points required to own a fort then that town looses its forts.
just my opinion - what are your thoughts?

@arnasba nice idea - why not start a thread with your idea?
allthough, i see it is completely different from the fire idea, i fire spreads until everything is burnt down. your idea is different in the sense tha there is no defense, it would then become personal (you did the damage), whereas fires, well its up to townmembers to put them out...