Update 1.33

DeletedUser

Umm, new? It's the same windows used by crafting, achievements, and poker. You thought there were going to be two different styles of window permanently?

actually, I just open my telegram window and extrapolated :D

DeletedUser

Good news! The ugly item textures are not coming! Inno listened to us and they decided to remove the textures. New graphics are coming as mentioned and you can also chat to buddies. :)

Good feature if your friend goes townless and you want to chat with him. I don´t know of any other features, and the 1.33 change log haven´t been announced yet and it´s been a week already. :/

DeletedUser

if we include a minimise button the menu will be more super
It does. They will have the minimize and refresh buttons like the old windows. Close all windows is also closing old and new windows now, but it doesn't look like we'll have many old windows left after this update.

DeletedUser

lawl jox.......why do people keep on asking when the next update is coming, it'll come when it wants to.....

DeletedUser

You're probably right as I've noticed he didn't post anything on the 7lands blog for a while...

DeletedUser

Sometimes I can't really understand why am I posting news alone... And then instead of a nice discussion (yea, right, "nice") I make doubleposts.

Anyways, news about the next update are posted on the devblog:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=749&lang=en

As you'll see the town will be changed (new visuals, new things to build, detioration, etc) and the market will get improved (no details).

Will the dueling formula get changed in the next update? There is no answer. Will they in fact keep the current formula that multiplies aim with the difference of tactics&appearance instead of adding it and make a completely new system for new worlds? Also, there is no answer.
Will they finally implement character bonuses progression every 10 levels at least on new worlds as was planned in the roadmap? No luck with an answer on that, either.

And a final reminder, in a few days tw-times (german fan online newspaper) will be released and usually it contains more details on upcoming changes than we can read on the devblog. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Anyone know when the supposed duel changes are coming? I recently got a 45000 dollar bounty on world 8 and im thinking about respecing my skills on world to be resistance, as it is by far the most efficiant way of dueling nowadays (nothing more frusterating than hitting 60s on targets when you have 200+ shooting).

But I dont want to swap all my skills just to have the next update make high shooting really good or more powerful than resistance. Any word on when the changes are coming?

DeletedUser

they'll be a long time a coming imo......testing has gone on for about three months already.....

DeletedUser9470

testing? the guys "testing" are well known questers thats for sure.
most likely best duel build will depend on amount of fms and swimming skills.

DeletedUser

They aren't testers or questers, they're collectors and millionaires.

DeletedUser

well maybe i can help them? Here is how it should be if you have 200 shooting and they have 200 reflex you should hit them for however hard your weapon does not 30 like it is now. Now you have to have 300 in shooting to do normal damage which gives the resistance build and extra 100 skill points to use.... thank goodness they dont know how to duel otherwise they would be impossible to beat

DeletedUser16008

well maybe i can help them? Here is how it should be if you have 200 shooting and they have 200 reflex you should hit them for however hard your weapon does not 30 like it is now. Now you have to have 300 in shooting to do normal damage which gives the resistance build and extra 100 skill points to use.... thank goodness they dont know how to duel otherwise they would be impossible to beat

Amen, never understood the logic of the weapon not doing regular weapon damage when equal.... having 300 isnt so much a big deal but with pants and belts its more like you need 370 + :blink: and thats a pain when you want to duel regular builds effectively too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21816

You're forgetting dodging, aim and tactics and appearance also take into the account of how high your damage will be eventually. Look at The loser (Belle star's) quest

DeletedUser

what a useless piece of update....friendlist indeed...not a neccessity

Diggo11

what a useless piece of update....friendlist indeed...not a neccessity
Indeed not a necessity, but you could say the entire browser game isn't a necessity for you to physically survive as well, what of it ;)

If you've been reading the DevBlog I think it's no secret that the time between Version 1.32 and 1.33 release will yield little tangible results - most of it has been spent developing concepts for future updates and preparing the technical aspect necessary to allow for interface design and ultimately implementation to the game. That doesn't mean you won't see anything useful: further rollout of the new screen design, rewards for achievements and the introduction of a referral system as part of the friends list, just off the top of my head, will be useful to at least a portion of the community.

I cannot say I've attended the internal development meetings, but I also believe alot of effort has been placed across various bugfixes. Some have already been hotfixed to the game, others will arrive in the nearby update :)