Timer for sleeping

DeletedUser30224

Not a bad idea, however, it's always a good idea to remember when a person sleeps on The West, you can wake them up at any time by canceling their sleep, effectively reducing their full sleep to a short nap. However, the main drawback to doing this is not recovering all your character's energy if they were only sleeping for 2 hours and they had used more than half their energy on doing jobs or construction. Wouldn't your sleeping timer have a similar effect? Because, the way I see it, sleeping for one hour in a Janitor's Closet probably won't recover more than 10 Energy Points...Am I correct?

Yes you are correct. If you notice on the image on the first post, the 8 h duration at 5 stars gives you 100% recovery. Choosing a smaller increment would decrease that percentage accordingly. Needless to say if you pick to sleep the same increment (8h) at 4 stars you will recover only x% (don't know from top of my head what difference there is between 5 and 4 stars). As you can see, nothing really changes except for the fact that you would be able to sleep 4 h at 5 stars and send your character to battle as offliner while you are sleeping...or any other such timed activity.

DeletedUser

That's exactly it. Basically if I go to sleep (in RL) at 00:00 server time, and I have a battle at say 03:00 server time, I won't actually wake up in real life to go the battle. So my only RL options are to go to the battle before I go to bed in RL (and then potentially have less HP than I might want to have), or to miss the battle.

This idea would be of great benefit in that scenario. I could go to sleep at midnight server time, knowing that my character would 'arrive' at the battle as rested as could be. Maybe it would improve fort battle attendance...

Gets my vote.

Just occurred to me. Better still, what if Inno didn't give this away for free, but charged a moderate 5 nuggets to 'set the battle timer option'?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

Just occurred to me. Better still, what if Inno didn't give this away for free, but charged a moderate 5 nuggets to 'set the battle timer option'?

Have a feeling Inno will do just that since now you just mentioned it... just like u have to pay a moderate 10 nuggets to pick an item from the market. Anything small thing which will make simple profits will be utilised.

DeletedUser35968

What about this: --

you can buy an alarm clock from UP SHOP for 25 bonds/nuggets, which will wake you up at previously set time. Once used, it will be removed from inventory. OR its batteries worn out.

DeletedUser36559

Not a bad idea Anoop create a new thread to display your idea fully.

DeletedUser24556

Are you working for Inno Anoop? :rolleyes:
No, no extra charge for this. We pay enough bonds/nuggets already.

A sleeping-timer should not be too difficult to add to the game. No reason to pay extra.

DeletedUser33353

I like the crafting aspect....something that is usable, good idea westman. submit it

DeletedUser33342

There are already some crafted products heading that direction:
watchmaker tools, golden music box..

DeletedUser24556

Why not simply a timer in the hotels where you can set the time you want to wake up. No crafting or anything, that's much too complicated.
The original idea was a really good one I think.

DeletedUser30224

Do I really have to lock this thread? I've said two times already that the idea has been submitted already. Any comments you make here does not affect the proposal anymore. I'm glad that people are interested, but since it's already submitted, it's kind of pointless to suggest improvements :p