Quiz Sector names on or off

Do you want the fort sector names on or off by default?

• On

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Off

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • I want a choice

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

Beefmeister

When the fort battle window opens, do you want the fort sector names on or off by default? (only one answer allowed, try to choose yes or no unless you really really want a choice)

[it's important so don't ignore the topic]

martoru

Banned
problem was just solve in latest update:

Sector labels default

We have changed sector labels default stage. Now labels are disabled by default.

so what reason for this quiz?

Beefmeister

because what you consider a problem or an inconvenience some other people would consider an asset or something needed, as the votes currently state

so the right way to go about it is not by someone's preference but by being offered a choice so it accommodates everyone

Harriet Oleson

In my personal case I think when the default value is "show sector labels", it is annoying BUT I also think it should be like that cause when it's not by default, I'm pretty sure looooots of players don't know about this option : new players, old players who come back after x years, current active players who don't read the forum and don't talk to other players (and these ones are the big majority of current players into the game).

So I voted "I want a choice", cause I think the sector labels should appear by default, and we should be able to choose if we want this default value to stay like that or not (like in an option in the settings for example).
Like that everyone would know about it (cause the labels would appear by default) but everyone annoyed with it could change the default value as they want.

Killer Bonnie

I think it is a helpful addition. Several times I have been leading a Fort fight and had several players not know what sector I wanted them to move to. I would like to see the inside have sector labels also. Perhaps it could be on and visible when the player signs up for ff with an arrow (like in the tutorial this only needs to happen once just as a visual aid and still shows off the inno handiwork ) showing how to toggle it on and off so when the battle leader says move to such and such sectors they can easily toggle it on see the sectors turn it off and move without it obstructing the squares.

Abydos1

problem was just solve in latest update:

Sector labels default

We have changed sector labels default stage. Now labels are disabled by default.

so what reason for this quiz?
I still see the annoying labels on by default so yeah I think either have a choice for default or keep it off by default...

Ektoras BOTrini

I think it is a helpful addition. Several times I have been leading a Fort fight and had several players not know what sector I wanted them to move to. I would like to see the inside have sector labels also. Perhaps it could be on and visible when the player signs up for ff with an arrow (like in the tutorial this only needs to happen once just as a visual aid and still shows off the inno handiwork ) showing how to toggle it on and off so when the battle leader says move to such and such sectors they can easily toggle it on see the sectors turn it off and move without it obstructing the squares.
No one said it's a bad addition. But it needs to be off by default, any player that plays FF and sees a new icon on top of the battle screen will immediately try to see what it does. For so many years there were only 3 buttons which you could change the look of the terrain and squares and fields etc Now with the addition of sector names there are 4 buttons so one will obviously check what that new button does. It shouldn't be ON by default and it shouldn't have a choice, it should be OFF by default. I don't think understanding a new button is hard :)

P.s. For the love of God never add names for inside the Fort , why would you do that?