Rejected Robbing banks & Criminality

Shall Robbing Banks and Criminal Elements be brought to the West?

• Yes,

Votes: 58 65.2%
  • No,

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

I can't see a reason why your money from individual account shouldn't be taken, honestly.
  1. It would be hard to code. It is much easier to steal money from one place then fifty citizen's bank accounts.
  2. It would make robbing a bank far to profitable. For one hours work or whatever it is, I honestly can't be allowed to steal thousands of dollars.
  3. It makes sense to only steal from the treasury. For a start robbing a bank would hinder a town's growth or ability to start fort battles, which is better than pure profit making. Secondly having a way to hinder growth other than duel workers would mean less "arranged" attacks on workers, which also benefits them.
  4. If my bank is going to be robbed every day I may as well just carry all my cash on hand rather than bother banking. Ie, it would ruin game mechanics.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It would be hard to code. It is much easier to steal money from one place then fifty citizen's bank accounts.
Yup, that's a good reason. If that would be the case, then I couldn't say anything more.
It would make robbing a bank far to profitable. For one hours work or whatever it is, I honestly can't be allowed to steal thousands of dollars.
Then you could make it longer and/or harder.

Meanwhile, it's not a 100% successful rob, considering the current proposal. Because the robbers wouldn't be the people who going out for duel like normal duelers and soldiers at the moment, they need a variety of different skill, apart from the Explosive dude who needs Tactics and the Gunslinger who needs Shooting. However, Tactics is not a popular skill at the moment, I could say. Shooting might be popular as of now, but only the Gunslinger doesn't provide/assure a successful rob. They all need to co-operate with each other.
It makes sense to only steal from the treasury. For a start robbing a bank would hinder a town's growth or ability to start fort battles, which is better than pure profit making.
I personally don't think the people who want to rob really care about hinder a town's growth but making profit (and have fun but this reason is off topic :D). At the moment, builders are being attacked (almost) everywhere, town's growth are being hindered (almost) everywhere.

Another thing is, only "significant level player (around level 50) would start a rob", as stated by fentom. By that time, I could say that if all players started at the same time (all joined the server the day it opened), then the builders level would be higher than that and probably have nearly finished constructing a town (if didn't finish and start expanding another town already). About the people who joined later, there wouldn't be much bullies because robbing a low-point town wouldn't get you much money, compared to high-point town.

Secondly having a way to hinder growth other than duel workers would mean less "arranged" attacks on workers, which also benefits them.
As I have said just above, they are being attacked a lot. So if, according to you, only the money from the treasury is taken, which means less attacks on workers, then they would be safer from the risk of getting dueled and lose money.

On the other hand, there might be a considerable amount of players specialize in robbing, in other words, plan to be a robber. The robbers would focus on robbing the bank (with profit making goal) instead of bother harassing builders, because they need to locate them on the map (later on) , while, at the moment, each winning duel will only bring a small amount of cash, generally. Thus, in order to make big cash, they need to repeatedly attack builders. And that's why W10 and W11 have seen a lot of players with hundreds of win, some with more than thousand of win.

Therefore, along with the unlimited bank (later on), they (builders) can just deposit in their accounts and when they need to build, they would be using money straight from their accounts (or deposit and use it for construction immediately - Sorry I didn't do construction for a long time). As for fort battles, the Founder just need to ask everyone to donate a required amount one or few day(s) before they want to initiate the battle.

If my bank is going to be robbed every day I may as well just carry all my cash on hand rather than bother banking. Ie, it would ruin game mechanics.
As I have said, you could make the rob longer and/or harder to success.

Besides, you can upgrade the safe to lower the amount the treasury get robbed.

In addition, the total money that is being taken from your individual account is decided by a percent number. If you don't want it goes up to 50% like the proposal currently is, then you could lower it with higher level safe (if I don't misunderstand the proposal), or separate it from that percent and just lower it to a certain fixed percent you think is reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I understand your point Diggo, I just want to say that it may be very profitable, but it can't be done alone and everytime and requires different types of products and may fail. About being robbed everyday, then we should implement a part about that, like a 48-hour KO timer, we should have a 15-day Rob timer. I guess it was in the very OP, but it was deleted when I deleted the criminality part.

If it's hard to code, then we shouldn't allow it, and I suggest just raising 5-10% of the money that can be robbed.

DeletedUser

if it could just get figured out, this would make a GREAT upgrade to the game

DeletedUser

i like it
you will get lot of money but their will be a problem when someone gets KO and which members are you choose. it will require friend list so you choose the players to your group

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but it sounds a bit complicated. Maybe "bank robbery" should be a job.

DeletedUser

Love the idea. And I agree, It is a little bit too complicated but that can be fixed easily. Im sure it would be examined quite closely if it was to be implemented into the game.

DeletedUser

robbing banks ect

I like the robbing idea a lot, and what about a town that is not already owned or built, and be owned or built if wish like us outlaws,becomeing a deperado'ts hideout at a price,and where to is no law,and they will enter at their peril.

NED KELLY01

DeletedUser

I like the robbing idea a lot, and what about a town that is not already owned or built, and be owned or built if wish like us outlaws,becomeing a deperado'ts hideout at a price,and where to is no law,and they will enter at their peril.

NED KELLY01

What would be the advantages? Like, a town of their own, built by their own? It's cool, but probably bank robbers will be pure Leader/FMS/Tactics/Shooters/HBR/Hiders, and won't be able to build up towns.

DeletedUser

i agree it's very harsh on a player to lose money out of his bank when that money should be safe, i have written a whole variation which is similar but robbing is more like a job were you take a limited amount of money from other towns treasuries. For the full details on my idea and any improvements you wan to make go to my post My take on shops (& other ideas)

DeletedUser

i dont think the idea of a hideout would work, cool as it is, duelers play an important part in towns and it would be difficult for them to work without builders, i think that current towns strike an important balance between classes that help and support each other much like a real town.

also i dont understand the idea of buying 'a small house' within a town.

DeletedUser

I do like this idea but I think there should be a stronger punishment for failure. If you succeed you get massive rewards, but if you fail you only get Ko'd.

There should be jail time. If you're caught you are stuck inside the town whose bank you tried to rob for 24 or 48 hours.

Also i think a much smaller portions of personal bank accounts should be taken, if at all. No more than 20% of players accounts.

Keep hashing it out. This overall idea is a good one.

DeletedUser

2 - Equipment for each rob-class is retrieven from the game. When more equipments, best will be the chances.

The equipments will be:

Leader: Map; Documents; Pocket Watch
Burglar: Barbed wire; Roll with wire; Tool box
Explosives guy: Nails; Cigars; Dynamite
Gunslinger: Horn of cow; Rounds; Smuggle goods
Escape dude: Saddle; Horseshoe; Train Ticket

I think my other issues with this our already being addressed, so I got out my nitpicker and have these suggestions:

Last item on list of items would have to be equipped.

LEADER could be "Gang Leader", Pocket Watch; Map; a revolver or above . Class would be any class and must be at least Level 50. Leadership must be at least 40 modified.
BURGLAR could be "Safe Cracker", Tool Box, plus sledge hammer and Corrosive Acid. Class would be Worker and must be Level 42. Fine Motor Skills must be at least 35 modified.
EXPLOSIVE GUY could be "Master Blaster" :cool: Dynamite, Roll with wire and Bowie Knife or above. Class would be Soldier and must be at least level 30. Construction must be at least 30 modified.
GUNSLINGER could be "Hired Gun", Round, Whiskey or Tequila and Rusty Shot Gun or above. Class would be Dueler and must be at least Level 40. Aim must be at least 50 modified.
ESCAPE DUDE (REALLY!?!?) could be "Wrangler", Saddle, Lasso, and Whip. Must be Adventurer at least level 30. Horseback Riding must be at least 30 modified.

These are all suggestions only, but require that at least one of every class be a part of the "Gang". The levels proposed are the minimum for the third item.

DeletedUser

this is west and wild wild west and robbing bank is must have
this idea is cool and i'm vote it

DeletedUser

I kinda like it. I'm new player and I know it would be devastating for high player to rob town which bunch of low level friends have worked like mad men to get up and running (major part of cash could still be in bank).
What has low lvl player to loose: everything
What has high lvl player to loose: nothing

But... if you add lvl limit, target to rob can be only 10 levels lower (or so) than attacker :)

It would be sweet.

DeletedUser15169

maybe it could be like dueling where certain level players can only rob certain level towns? Take the average level of the town, back level, town points, and put that by the level of the attackers?

DeletedUser19894

I like the idea, but i agree it needs refinement. There also needs to be a stiffer penalty for losing. I like the jail time idea, but they robbers should also lose something if they fail. Maybe their weapon. No robber would get their gun back after committing a crime and being caught, right? Also, the robber should pay a penalty our of their own bank account if the robbing attempt fails. Kind of like a fine. As a last note, players should only be able to rob a town once or once every week or something along those line. Otherwise there is no stopping a robber/group from destroying a smaller town.

DeletedUser

Wow. I like this a lot. Very well thought out. Great job! I vote YES!!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.