revise when treats can be received/sent

DeletedUser35120

Romeo's set is good (good in the sense, it's used, or parts of it are used) for:-

Putting up posters
Harvesting Fields
Milling Grains
Protecting the wagon train
Treasure Hunt
Robbing Settlers
Ambush
Transporting Prisoners
Burglary
Pick blueberries
Break Up Gangs
Track Big Game
Craft Dynamite

While in the case of bartender's set, it's used for:

Carving out claims
Drilling for oil

Only the 2 jobs written in bold there are useful I suppose. We can put up posters naked :p

DeletedUser30224

Just a warning guys, we've derailed from the main topic. Please keep it relevant or I'll be forced to delete posts. Thank you kindly.

DeletedUser36011

I dont see a need to change the times, you either take the time to get the bags rewards or you dont. The 180k hearts, sure its not so easy to get. However, nothing entitles you to have the set. You should actually be glad you may have to work for something instead of being gifted it for once. There was a time when we would actually appreciate something if we had to work for it, and not have it handed to us on a silver platter. I guess I prefer knowing I've earnt it instead of it being given to me because i enjoy the challenge.

As a sidenote, I'm currently on 220k hearts with a few days to go, and I've spent 0 nuggets on this event(besides energy, automation premiums), so it is not very hard at all, even without the bags getting hearts it is possible to reach that 180k.

Oh, and Romeo's set is also useful as part of a speed set too - two items change your speed a little ;)

DeletedUser35120

I dont see a need to change the times, you either take the time to get the bags rewards or you dont. The 180k hearts, sure its not so easy to get. However, nothing entitles you to have the set. You should actually be glad you may have to work for something instead of being gifted it for once. There was a time when we would actually appreciate something if we had to work for it, and not have it handed to us on a silver platter. I guess I prefer knowing I've earnt it instead of it being given to me because i enjoy the challenge.

As a sidenote, I'm currently on 220k hearts with a few days to go, and I've spent 0 nuggets on this event(besides energy, automation premiums), so it is not very hard at all, even without the bags getting hearts it is possible to reach that 180k.

Oh, and Romeo's set is also useful as part of a speed set too - two items change your speed a little ;)

I agree it's rather easy to get if you're active, after being at 235k currently as well with my Dakota toon.

P.S:- It's not really two items for the general players. Not everyone wears the summer poncho with the referee whistle. For those that don't carry those stuffs, it's just the mask. Not the pants.

Coming back to the main topic, like I already said.. revising this timer thing will be unfair to the active players, be the reward set crappy or good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34295

I've been active from the very start of the event, up 'til now, doing 8+ hours of work daily, opening both bags whenever I could (though, due to the ridiculous time system you claim isn't in need of change, I missed a 12 hour window of opening after it had been shifted so much I wasn't able to stay up and open them in the middle of the night), and getting hearts from the friends I have (not a full friend bar), and I'm at 105k hearts. And I ain't gonna have anyone tell me it's reasonable to say I should've been "more active" for the reward. The final rewards requires a ridiculous amount of activity that is NOT the general idea of these kinds of games, and sure some people might have a crazy amount of time on their hands and be online 24/7, but most of us have work, school, children, family and other important things to take care of. And a game should not ever cater to only those who sit at their computer all day and do nothing but constantly play The West.

As for the main topic: I still hold that changing the timer system is the only fair way to keep it, not to mention it's the most standard way for online games. The fact that The West is keeping an ancient system that's generally frowned upon is beyond my understanding of how anyone would run a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

some people might have a crazy amount of time on their hands and be online 24/7, but most of us have work, school, children, family and other important things to take care of. And a game should not ever cater to only those who sit at their computer all day and do nothing but constantly play The West.

If I was given the choice:
a) work/school, children, family, other important things, but no Romeo's chest
b) playing The West 24/7 and having Romeo's chest

I choose a), without even thinking about it.

This is not just aimed at you Wondertje, but to The West players in general - if you are a casual player, who logs in once or twice a day - why on Earth do you think you should be able to compete with those that are online 24/7 and spend millions of nuggets?! Can't you just be happy with some of the freebies you get for those 10-15 minutes of game play you put in every day?
In other words - no, I don't support this idea. After playing this for 6 years, I have to say NO to anything that makes this game easier. Stop already with these silly requests. Let it be hard, it makes your achievements more rewarding.

DeletedUser36559

We don't need to try to discourage activity in the game, this game is suited to BOTH casual and very active players and you definitely don't need to be online 24/7 with tons of nuggets to get Romeo set. You can log in 20 mins a day and still get romeo set at the end.

DeletedUser36979

... You can log in 20 mins a day and still get romeo set at the end.

How would you do that, without spending nuggets?

The OP here did not request a chance to make this game easier. Just to make it more appelling to more players,
I think it would be smart that for the big bag, you can click it once between for instance 00.01-23.59, and the small bag once between 00.01-12.00 and again between 12.01-23.59.
Some people have to "choose" whether they want to stay up and get the hearts, or go to sleep, or maybe they just need to push going to work a few minutes everyday, to get the hearts, and so on. Which in the end just makes people annoyed with the game.

This game is contantly loosing players, and it is the small annoyance like this, that can put the final nail in the coffin, and make more people quit.
And to those that think that would be great, come see us at verden4.dk... on a good day we are between 20-25 active players left...

Pankreas PorFavor

The OP here did not request a chance to make this game easier. Just to make it more appelling to more players,

Aha. So you are saying this change would NOT make it easier to get 180k hearts = Romeo's chest? I don't think so...

I think it would be smart that for the big bag, you can click it once between for instance 00.01-23.59, and the small bag once between 00.01-12.00 and again between 12.01-23.59.

And I think that this change would not hurt anyone. But I am also sick of all these requests to get more rewards for less effort.

Some people have to "choose" whether they want to stay up and get the hearts, or go to sleep, or maybe they just need to push going to work a few minutes everyday, to get the hearts, and so on.

Yeah. They HAVE to. Because if they don't collect 180k hearts the Sun will collapse and the Earth would stop spinning.

This game is contantly loosing players, and it is the small annoyance like this, that can put the final nail in the coffin, and make more people quit.
And to those that think that would be great, come see us at verden4.dk... on a good day we are between 20-25 active players left...

.dk world? That's aimed at a market that has what, 5.5 million people? If the rest of the planet had this percentage of players in one of the .net worlds, we would have 30.000 active players easily.
You are right, this game has less and less people playing it, but things like this have nothing to do with it, in my opinion.

DeletedUser35533

I know we had this topic before but I don't recall what conclusion we came to. what about inverting the "get" when you "send" you actually receive points or they are split 50/50