• No I would not!

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Reserach Helps not hurts

unlimited banks are required for higher levels to respec and they can't be carryingaround loads of cash becasue they have no bank or one duel would win 1kto like 5k and the the game would suck at higher levels, and as for research would be to spacy it would at interest to the game and it would get rid of tiny towns and have them combine into bigger towns making it harder for one town or group of twons to control sections becuase there would be more strongewr towns instead of alot of weak towns and one or two strong towns. so because of research the game would have longer play capacity, would be more exciting, with more battles and options and would promote more interaction between players instead of everyone being loner towns. that is why research is good and it got my vote.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

I went ahead and voted yes, despite my reservations. As I said before, I do like the idea, but I just question the realism of the idea and how well it fits the genre, but I don't recall any Western films including the building of towns by continuously upgrading buildings either.

DeletedUser

SD, I love this idea! Well thought out. Another game I play has added something similar to it awhile back ago, and I thought then T-W needed something like it. It would make it even more beneficial to join a town.

DeletedUser

The *other* TW doesn't have research/tech trees? That's idiotic...it definitely would make sense there.

DeletedUser

The *other* TW doesn't have research/tech trees? That's idiotic...it definitely would make sense there.

actually, I quit the other TW about a month after w1 came out here. After 2 1/2 years of playing it, I felt that it was a useless waste of time:mad:. Unlike TW, I see huge potential for T-W as a game.

:laugh:I seriously could see this idea giving towns a whole new life. It would also give our builders and money makers more to do for the town. And anything that gives benefits to all town members is a big bonus. And the way SD has it mapped out, everyone would actually have to play harder to get the bonus building levels.

The 'other' game I can't mention in the forums. Gem will get me, lol:bandit:

DeletedUser

Yes, it does on some worlds...

Anyway, I'm still a no, we don't need it, but its a weak no. Id live if it was put in.

DeletedUser

I love this idea. It would be so cool if we could have this in-game. I voted yes. The interface looks great and I like the idea of the military and medical research. It would make the game very realistic and like in the wild west.

DeletedUser

Yep, love this idea, anything to make towns distinct from one another....WELL DONE TS!

DeletedUser

I noticed that there are only 4 mock designs for this and i saw that noone had posted here for about 2 weeks and i thought id mock up a few designs from what i thought when i read the thread the first time around.

The construct research overview
i just added a few random values into here based on this from the first post.

You would have to construct a new building (with an appropriate name) first. This would cost a lot of money and construction points to do.

http://img530.imageshack.us/i/constructreaearchcenter.png/

Townhall Overview
I thought id just add this one in while i was doing it :)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7064/reasearchtownhallview.png

The Research Screen
then I thought well what would the actual research screen look like once you've clicked on the building and so i based it on the shops but using one of the unused building currently on the town screen you'll have to excuse the editing here i didn't have enough time to make new icons so i just imporvised with what i thought would go best.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7590/researchcenteroverview.png

DeletedUser

I don't know if this has been said before, but -- In the parts where "you learn a new tactic or learn something new, like with the guns"; is it learning a secret of the game. because if so, then once poeple know it then they will share it with others they are friends with or with their towns in other worlds and the purpose of working hard to get that secret would be dissolved.

if it is more of something that only the town that has researched it can use, like when you 'learn a secret of the guns', you do additional damage each time you hit but this is only effective to those already in the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.