Rank these towns/alliances in your opinion

DeletedUser

This is what I was referring to as "dumb." I nowhere indicated that town strength should be determined by their in-game ranking. I was merely showing that the three alliances which I mentioned are easily found in the game by looking though a few pages of the rankings.

He made a list. It is not a list based on anyone's ranking opinion, but is a list of alliances in the game. We were merely pointing out other viable alliances that should be included in the list.

Oh, well if that's what you meant by the rankings, then ok. Still doesn't mean the alliances you mentioned are worth nothing. Who cares if you can see their names on page 1 of rankings. No one looks at town rankings, except maybe you.

and the alliances you pointed out are not viable. They don't even meet your own criteria. :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser14006

You, as in the "Derek1982" who started this thread.

Ok, then say 'you' not 'he', thought I had an alter ego there, take a step back, I posted towns/alliances that I thought are good in my opinion, if I did'nt include the same towns that you think are good then I guess thats my opinion and my right to feel this way.

I never once said these were the only best towns, only that in my opinion they were.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Still doesn't mean the alliances you mentioned are worth nothing. Who cares if you can see their names on page 1 of rankings.

They're simple to find; they're right there on page one.

and the alliances you pointed out are not viable. They don't even meet your own criteria. :eek:hmy:

How would you know? You said that you'd never heard of them, remember? :nowink:

DeletedUser

They're simple to find; they're right there on page one.

How would you know? You said that you'd never heard of them, remember? :nowink:

Justin, just travel around and duel more towns. You tend to learn more that way, at least that's my experience.

I give more respect to towns that stand up to "bigger" towns and does not "surrender".

I give respect to towns that can keep on building over and over with a small group of people (bigger towns should be able to build up much easier so less respect as a result)

Some "empires/families" are quite vindicative, some aren't as much. Some seem to be much more willing to fight to the last man, some are more diplomatic.

Dueling and shopping around and duel while shopping will expose you to a bunch of grids on the map, unless you stay close to one area on purpose.

I've had run in with the parish family, I remember Moth, Harii, and a few others worth mentioning but I am not sure if the Parish family built up some of the good duelers on their own or not. At least several members from the Parish were quite vindicative, one even came after me a few weeks, perhaps a month or 2 later after I robbed one of their worker. Alas, I actually won in my work cloth against the "avenger" and I told him I haven't visited parish for a long time and if they like, I can resume my carnage there (last time I was there, I went with Whirly, we had competition on highest damage contest and sent a bunch of parish to the mortuary)

I'm dueling 4 Miesta towns now, partly to see how much things have changed in 2 months or so, another is for revenge. A bunch of Miesta dueled me and even after I went to shopping in another town, one Miesta dueler came to the grid 4 or 5 grids away, sheesh.

It's ok, I have since KO about 15-20 Miesta players within the past 48 hours as revenge and will continue until I get my revenge or the leader of the town I am in order me to do so.

DeletedUser

I agree with roland that you could have included some more towns, like the ones roland mentioned.

but the towns roland mentioned wouldn't rank high on my list: lonesome dove is roland's town, of course he would mention it. ;) but, I've never lost to roland or is buddy kahula kid,

I double dog dare you to come try and beat ROLAND, You are crazy if you think you can beat him. I know him personally and see his duel reports, and I've never seen you even try to touch him.

Maybe you are the big fish in your little pond, but over here, the #1 dueler is hard pressed to beat him everytime even.

Let's try a little bit less talk and a little bit more WALK, Maybe even try walking over here and trying to beat him.

If fact send him a telegram and he'll even let you try to have a go at him.

But as far as I'm concerned, unless your name is in the TOP 10 your words are meaningless.

BACK UP THAT TOUGH TALK, He'll be there at high noon,
WHERE WILL YOU BE

but, I've never lost to roland

I just confirmed with Roland, that you've never even attacked him. He says he's tried 3 times and it went 2-1, but you have Hernando's sword he says. if so, I invite you to come on over and have a go at him.

Just telegram him when & where and he'll be there.

Could some of the TOP 10 duelers speak up and testify that beating Roland isn't as easy as a walk in the park, please

DeletedUser

CUFT is probably the most overrated group of towns, from what I know it is made up of many small towns, consists of weak players, and is overall roundly lacking in communication. Many of the member towns believe that being in a huge alliance thing is good for them, and will protect them, but their size is their biggest problem.

I am surprised not to see South Fork on this though.

DeletedUser

I just confirmed with Roland, that you've never even attacked him. He says he's tried 3 times and it went 2-1, but you have Hernando's sword he says. if so, I invite you to come on over and have a go at him.

Could some of the TOP 10 duelers speak up and testify that beating Roland isn't as easy as a walk in the park, please

of course I never attacked him. I'm not going to walk all the way to his town to duel just one person. and I didn't have hernando's when i dueled him before, prob had the sharp conq sword. I rarely go duel other towns. I would only go if a player from that town gave me a reason and that town/family has to have more than 2 people i can duel for good exp(250+) or it's not worth it for me.

and my apologies if the record is 2-1. I thought it was 2-0. My bad if I forgot a duel, probably one where i wasn't in duel gear and I didn't personally count it. Who cares if I have hernando's. I'm actually 1-2 with the sword since i got it.

I never said dueling roland was a walk in the park, just that I've beaten him before. I know roland's a good dueler.

I have no problem with anyone coming to duel me. As long as they are respectful, duel me when i'm in full duel gear, and gives me a chance to get at least 100+ exp.

and Top 10 duelers just means those 10 duelers have gained the most exp from dueling, not that they are the best. The best are hard to judge. I think, but not 100%, out of top 30, I'm #5 for exp/win, which means i tend to duel tougher opponents than others.

DeletedUser

South Fork has some former rockridge members like holysatan, and I think anamoly was rockridge.

DeletedUser

Now I have proof to support my claim. Roland and I have dueled 3 times, but as I thought correctly, he's never beaten and the record does stand at 2-0 me, as I previously stated. Below are our duels:

Duel 1: The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. They're well protected!

Duel 2:
Total health points
- 14 HP
Total health points
- 140 HP

HotNSexy wins the duel and gains 248 experience points. Roland Deschain did not carry any cash and HotNSexy walks away without taking any money.

Duel 3:
No hit
Total health points
- 103 HP

HotNSexy wins the duel, gains 249 experience points and steals $59 from Roland Deschain.

So, stop whining.

DeletedUser544

Now I have proof to support my claim. Roland and I have dueled 3 times, but as I thought correctly, he's never beaten and the record does stand at 2-0 me, as I previously stated. Below are our duels:

Duel 1: The player is sleeping in the hotel right now. They're well protected!

Duel 2:
Total health points
- 14 HP
Total health points
- 140 HP

HotNSexy wins the duel and gains 248 experience points. Roland Deschain did not carry any cash and HotNSexy walks away without taking any money.

Duel 3:
No hit
Total health points
- 103 HP

HotNSexy wins the duel, gains 249 experience points and steals $59 from Roland Deschain.

So, stop whining.

wldwstrnlgnd is my friend and was defending what he thought were unfair statements by you. however, I will say this: I have beaten you. I have also lost to you; those reports you posted are correct (although I dont know how you still have them because it was from months ago). but you either don't have the report you lost to me, or you didn't post it.

the fact is, in your initial "dismissal" of LD/CM/distillery empire as a strong empire and good duelers, you cited the fact that neither myself nor kaluha have ever beaten you as your reasons for the statement. not only have I beaten you; but you also left out many of the other good duelers in our town.

furthermore, you have NEVER even attacked us, by your own admission. so you won 2 and lost 1 when I attacked you. but everyone knows soldiers are stronger on defence; the fact that you never came over and challenged me means you really can't say hands down who is the better dueler, between the two of us.

and I disagree about your statement "duel rank doesn't actually show the top duelers". there are many who have figured out a way to cheat and power level their way into a high duel rank. but many of the top 25 duelers have been there a long time (I myself have been up there at least 6 months but I think its longer then that). those that stay up there and maintain their rankings are proving that they can beat a wider array of duelers then the people below them (again, there are exception cases for the cheaters). some matchups I have trouble with, this is true. but usually this is due to a certain character build that my setup is weak against. and this is true of almost every player's build; even damage reducers are weak against high shooters/vigor players. there are many people who I can beat, who themselves beat players I lose to. its all opinion about who the top duelers are; but duel rank is just as valid of a benchmark as your opinion, if not more valid.

DeletedUser

wldwstrnlgnd is my friend and was defending what he thought were unfair statements by you. however, I will say this: I have beaten you. I have also lost to you; those reports you posted are correct (although I dont know how you still have them because it was from months ago). but you either don't have the report you lost to me, or you didn't post it.

I can respect a player defending another, but it was done in a very poor manner. You said 3 duels, I posted our 3 duels. I never lost to you. I said i might have lost once, but i wasn't 100% sure until i looked at our duel outcome. How do I still have our duels from months ago? TSC records many of our duels in the town forums.

the fact is, in your initial "dismissal" of LD/CM/distillery empire as a strong empire and good duelers, you cited the fact that neither myself nor kaluha have ever beaten you as your reasons for the statement. not only have I beaten you; but you also left out many of the other good duelers in our town.

Look, kahula kid def never beat me. I would bet my life that at most I've only lost to you 1 time. And that is very doubtful in my mind, since we post all wins and losses in forums when players come duel us.

furthermore, you have NEVER even attacked us, by your own admission. so you won 2 and lost 1 when I attacked you. but everyone knows soldiers are stronger on defence; the fact that you never came over and challenged me means you really can't say hands down who is the better dueler, between the two of us.

ike i said it's a waste of time for me to come all the way to your town. I don't think you realize that i'm an adventurer/builder for my town. and we all know adventurers get absolutely no dueling bonus and we all know builders have points in construction(as i still do for forts).

and I disagree about your statement "duel rank doesn't actually show the top duelers". there are many who have figured out a way to cheat and power level their way into a high duel rank. but many of the top 25 duelers have been there a long time duel rank is just as valid of a benchmark as your opinion, if not more valid.

I can name 4 players in Top 25, 2 definite, who shouldn't be there because it's quite obvious they cheat. There are duelers i consider to be amongst the best not in Top 25 like scary poppins, bigpopa, billy the flid, among others. Top duelers just shows who has gained the most experience from dueling. Some of the best are indeed in the Top 25, many are not.

DeletedUser

Sorry I got so heated too, but now that we've all heard that Roland came over there and lost while challenging you, it makes much more sense

Let's try challenging someone, instead of sitting at home waiting to be challenged

Maybe after 4th of July, I'll have Roland swing out and pay you a visit.

That might freshen your memory

DeletedUser544

I can respect a player defending another, but it was done in a very poor manner. You said 3 duels, I posted our 3 duels. I never lost to you. I said i might have lost once, but i wasn't 100% sure until i looked at our duel outcome. How do I still have our duels from months ago? TSC records many of our duels in the town forums.

Look, kahula kid def never beat me. I would bet my life that at most I've only lost to you 1 time. And that is very doubtful in my mind, since we post all wins and losses in forums when players come duel us.

interesting that you edited your post after I replied to you; initially you said we only dueled 2 times ever. then you produce this hotel report; and all of a sudden its 3 times we have dueled.

secondly, I think its interesting that in one paragraph, you hands down claim I never beat you. then in the next, you would "bet your life that at most you only lost to me one time". which is it? according to my memory, I have beat you, and you haven't done anything to convince me I am mistaken in my recollection.

furthermore, regarding wldwstrnlgnd and the "poor manner" in which he defended me, I will say that you have made some fairly impolite comments to people on here yourself; and are quite boastful and braggy when it comes to your dueling success as of late.

like i said it's a waste of time for me to come all the way to your town.

well maybe we would have dueled more then 3 times if you were on my radar, but when I have visited TSC there are always more high value XP targets to challenge then you. so essentially, its a waste of my time to challenge you when I do happen to be there.

I don't think you realize that i'm an adventurer/builder for my town. and we all know adventurers get absolutely no dueling bonus and we all know builders have points in construction(as i still do for forts).

oh please come off that. soldiers have a bonus in duels, yes. but adventurers level up high and then respec to duel; THATS your advantage. don't use my class as an excuse for never attacking me. you don't get to claim you are better then people, or even question their skill level, if you have NEVER attacked them. I don't understand why this is even something I have to explain to you.

I can name 4 players in Top 25, 2 definite, who shouldn't be there because it's quite obvious they cheat. There are duelers i consider to be amongst the best not in Top 25 like scary poppins, bigpopa, billy the flid, among others. Top duelers just shows who has gained the most experience from dueling. Some of the best are indeed in the Top 25, many are not.

again, I wholeheartedly agree with you; I know the exact 4 you are thinking of. what about the other 21? top duelers show who has gained the most experience from dueling, which implies that top duelers can win more duels against a wider variety of targets then people below them in rank. of the names you mentioned above, I beat 2 out of 3 when we duel (and the 3rd I haven't fought in a long time)

DeletedUser

The Eastern Coalition is clearly the best alliance on World 1, I don't know why its not on this list.