Random Events

DeletedUser14029

the Bandit random seems a bit too much . . .
it can ruin a day if someone's heading to his Nemisis' town to deal with it and then got mugged, win or lose, hp is still gone.

DeletedUser

Well thats true I guess but you could maybe to that the Bad Events turn out to be small.

Eg (only 5% of your current health Lost)

That should be too bad!

DeletedUser

Your first post isn't in proper format yet, but just a question. Why is this idea needed in the game?

DeletedUser

Add more fun to the game.The unexpected events.

(I asked sjdx and he said it's O.K)

DeletedUser

To be critical, I see these random events as either:

1) Positive: I shrug them off. Big Deal. Doesn't really matter at all.
2) Negative: Piss me off.

DeletedUser

They should piss you off sometimes.You could get loads of cash from some of them.

DeletedUser

Loads of cash would be unbalanced. How fair is it that some players get lucky and get "loads of cash" while other players lose energy and HP?

That's why you can't really make the rewards that good. So minor rewards from these random events I would just shrug off, while anything negative would piss me off.

DeletedUser

You can't just get positive things and not negative.As well the max would be like $150.(May offend you but why do you try and make everyones ideas feel stupid and not try and point out faults in your own ideas.Do you think your ideas are the best?)

DeletedUser

That's what I'm saying, getting $150 from a positive event isn't that much and I would shrug it off. Now if I get a negative event that deducts energy from me, I would be angry.

And I'm not trying to make your idea feel stupid. I'm wondering about the purpose of this idea in-game and you haven't given a good reason that satisfies why I should support random events. I definitely don't think my ideas are best and that has nothing to do with anything.

Players are supposed to point out flaws in other ideas. I would rather see players say stuff about what's wrong with an idea instead of saying "I like it" What does saying "I like it" do? Nothing. What does saying "There's this and that wrong with your idea" do? Helps you fix and adjust your idea to make it better. You can get approval of ideas after you perfect them from criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now, what's the point of positive events and no negative.It would leave it un-even.Positive - Negative=Good.Positive - Positive=Un-even.You have to have Negative events to keep the game fair.A player could get like $150 one day and could lose like 200hp the next time.It will be a random combination of it with no pattern.

DeletedUser

I know. That's not what I'm saying. I'm trying to see the reason why you're idea should be in-game and my view on it is that whenever I get a positive event, I won't care at all because it's not significant, but on the other hand, if I get a negative event, I'll get upset.

DeletedUser

HotNSexy I think your taking it the wrong way Just because YOU would get upset doesn't mean everyone will be upset!!!

Loads of cash would be unbalanced. How fair is it that some players get lucky and get "loads of cash" while other players lose energy and HP?

That's why you can't really make the rewards that good. So minor rewards from these random events I would just shrug off, while anything negative would piss me off.

Well would it be better with evernts that could nearly KILLED you would that make this idea better.

And I know your probilily going to just say dont add to the game but maybe if you could find some Good iyem them you might like the idea>?<

DeletedUser

Random events seem insignificant to me. What's significant about random events in the game? I'm not getting convinced that there will be any point to see this in game.

Maybe it's because the initial presentation makes a huge impact on my opinion. If something is presented well, I'm more likely to like it compared to something presented poorly, which I'll get annoyed by and not take interest in it. And to be frank, this idea certainly wasn't presented well. Also to go along with the presentation, ideas that I'll really like are well developed to a large extent and thoroughly thought out. And this isn't.

First impressions can make all the difference in the world!

DeletedUser

We already have random events in the reports already , the positive are when you get items(Pilgrim Shirt -Sales price $1,250). Just got that =].
The Negative are the " You get hit by a stray bullet. You lose 10 hp". Another is death from transporting ammunition.

Is this not the random events already? Is there a need for the devs to try and write more funny little things simply to entertain you?

Have to agree with HoT =]

Diggo11

Let me ask you a question. For the amount of effort required to code this, would this "novelty" really be worth it?

DeletedUser

My Vote would be No.
There are better ideas for our hard earned points money to be used on.

Should be used on fun things to be implemented into this game , improve the fun things in the game already. Use the money to add something great. Tournaments ,, etc..

Not just for the ability of a 2nd chance of more exp cash or founds items,,

Diggo11

RESPONSE TO VOTING REQUEST

Although random events would be quite nice, it would be a fair bit of effort for something quite trivial. Unless you can find a way to make this incredibly simple or even make it an addition to a currently existing feature it probably won't be voted on.