New Character Classes

DeletedUser

They need to bring some speed rounds into the game x6 would be great

DeletedUser

I think the idea is ok. Be nice for some uniqueness in the worlds.

DeletedUser

David Schofield said:
Be nice for some uniqueness in the worlds.
Exactly.

Need to make this game funner in some way. New character classes being my main idea really doesn't appear all that complicated. It would seem like all the devs have to do is just use the same general coding that they used for the current classes, except change the avatars and the bonuses around.

DeletedUser

Excellent idea, this would bring back the fun for a lot of us.

Basically all we do now is try different builds on different worlds, but after trying a couple of adventurers, duelers and a worker, most of us get bored because of the routine. :sad:

This would really make The West much more enjoyable.

DeletedUser

Zet has said that they don't want to have different settings on different worlds, as it would cost to much (time and money) to run and develop new stuff at the same time.

DeletedUser

I'll only be on the forums for another 10 days and you'll almost never see me again, at least not until next summer ;)

So I would like to submit this idea for development and discussion before I leave. No one has said anything negative about this idea so far and everyone who i've talked to say they like it.

If players like this idea, please just post something indicating you're in favor, so I can submit it for development and voting. Thanks :)

DeletedUser

Zet has said that they don't want to have different settings on different worlds, as it would cost to much (time and money) to run and develop new stuff at the same time.

Who cares. If this idea gets to a poll, and there's an overwhelming majority in support, then the devs have to at least consider it. It's our job as players to tell them what we want and for them to then make decisions after seeing something like a poll.

DeletedUser

Did you read this?

I'll only be on the forums for another 10 days and you'll almost never see me again, at least not until next summer ;)

So I would like to submit this idea for development and discussion before I leave. No one has said anything negative about this idea so far and everyone who i've talked to say they like it.

If players like this idea, please just post something indicating you're in favor, so I can submit it for development and voting. Thanks :)

:sad: Where you going/what you doing?

DeletedUser

Yes I read it. and I don't care what zet said before. They are making changes(for example to dueling) that might be very unpopular. Why not make changes and invest time and money into an idea that players actually have voiced their opinions on and want?

DeletedUser

???

grea ideas hotnsexy u should put them in the beta forum for zet to read them

DeletedUser

I want to see new character classes. That's my main idea. They don't need to change the "Settings" if they don't want. Just give us something new and different like character classes. How much time and money could it possibly take to just change the names, avatars, and bonuses from what they are right now to something new? It really doesn't seem all that complicated to me, but of course I don't know anything about this kind of stuff.

And i contacted da twista to make some avatars for this idea, and he said he'll make some shortly. So a portion of the work the devs need to do is already going to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

grea ideas hotnsexy u should put them in the beta forum for zet to read them

I don't think posting in the beta forums is a good idea. I mean, if I do that, then everyone with whatever idea, will start posting there, and that shouldn't happen. Got to follow procedure.

DeletedUser

lots of great ideas... wondering though if in the adventurer class you'd lose the Squaw and the male companion to it... suggestions on a replacement for them?

DeletedUser

I guess those 2 avatars can stay...there's nothing really wrong with a avatars called indian/squaw and a class called native american with tribe names as the avatar names...

I would love to see World 11 released with 4 brand new classes. How cool would that be? :)

DeletedUser

I liked the idea, but you are repeating the bonus from all other classes. This is not good. Create something new. Only the fort soldier is good, the other are just the same advantages mixed.

The ghost town idea is bad.

The fast world is awesome, but is bad you need pay to play.

Pre-found town is bad, will make the game very fast.

DeletedUser

The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 10%. - adventurer
The speed on the map is increased by 10%. - dueler
The earned experience points for a job are increased by 5%. -worker
For each skill point given to the skill health points, you receive an additional 5 health points. - soldier
The motivation for dueling rises 10% faster. - dueler
You receive 10% more money in a duel. - dueler
The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 3 levels. - soldier

The Native American Class is supposed to take 1 bonus from each character class and put them into 1 class.

The Army Combatant class is supposed to take the best bonuses from the soldier and dueler classes and put them into 1 pure dueler class.

Those are the only bonuses that are the same. The only reason they are the same is because there are no other bonuses that can be created.

the ghost town idea is minor. It's just something small to make the worlds different. You do not have to pay to play the faster worlds, only the speed world, which is different. pre-built town wouldn't make the game too fast, that's why they only go up to level 3. It could be used with the faster/speed worlds.

DeletedUser

I'll be submitting this idea for development and discussion in 5 days.

I made 2 small changes:
The Aim Bonus from the Army Combatant Class has been increased from 5% to 10%, since 5% doesn't make much of a difference.
For the Pioneer Class, changed 2 of the bonuses to 2 new ones. I added a bonus that reduces the labor points required for any job by 5 points and one that increases the "luck" percentage to find more valuable random items.

If anyone can actually come up with new bonuses that are fair and balanced for the game that I can use in place of one of the bonuses that already exists from the current classes, then please suggest them.

Once this reaches development, any of the smaller features can be eliminated and voting can be based solely on a few of the features.

DeletedUser

Pioneer... faster travel. So that they cvan go to the unexplored lands faster. Like a Pioneer.

DeletedUser

I forgot to mention above that I made 2 changes to the pioneer bonuses, which i edited above.

The speed bonus was originally there, but because it was an old bonus, and wasn't all that exciting, I removed it and replaced it with the luck bonus. If many players want the speed bonus back, I have no problem with re-adding it, but of course i'll have to remove one of the bonuses I added.