Need more town hierachy choices

DeletedUser

Something to do with trying to get blood from stone so you can attract attention from an idiot? :)

~Crag

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In plain and simple words and Ambassador is an authorized messenger or representative.
Nothing more nothing less .
Next topic.

DeletedUser

Guest membership isn't a bad idea. Good for those towns which have trade agreements or occasional wanderers.

Rules:

Town hall will behave as when guest is not a member of town.
No access to town forum.
Only sleeping and buying allowed.
Guest is attackable while in town.
Town gets 1 guest slot for each 2 levels of Residences.

DeletedUser

Guest membership isn't a bad idea. Good for those towns which have trade agreements or occasional wanderers.

Rules:

No access to town forum.

they also shouldn't see your treasury (but be able to donate)... and can put 50% less in the bank..

DeletedUser

They are only guests, also no bank account at all. Just visiting and soon leaving. And why not to see how much you got in treasury? It's not a secret that can be misused.

DeletedUser

Thanks cragster for helping out here. First of all do not swear, and insult each other.

This isn't a forum for flames and discussing history.

DeletedUser

Rules:

No access to town forum.

Thanks Puli for bringing the topic back to what Whistlingleaf had intended it for and WL was originally onto a good point.

There were so many inane posts between yours and those on topic, I was kind of lost in space for a bit.

Yes, for a long time now I was always hesitant to let people into the town to buy stuff because they can access our forums.

Not too long ago when World 3 first started, MadAlice was also trying to build up a legion of spies to spy for "rich moneymakers" in town and try to get a gang of his duelers to hit these vulnerable people. Hence that created a wave of paranoia - across World 3 at least.

Differentiating the guests from the residents would help players (won't increase our town takings tho) because we don't get any commission from residents' purchases) since no one seems to want to buy at the "out of town" prices, especially for more expensive gear.

Great initial idea by Whistlingleaf, better refined by Puli and I think not difficult to implement?

DeletedUser

This is a great idea. In fact, I prefer this to having an auction house or trading system, really (not that these are mutually exclusive ideas) because it encourages more human interaction if you want access to other town's goodies. But that's just me.

DeletedUser

Guests will not see who has how much on the hand, because town hall will behave like they are not members of a town. I don't know about hotels. Should they be free for guests, lowered prices or outside prices?
One more thing to put here I think ... no one from town should be able to see guests cash.

There is one more thing that can be considered for this idea of more complex hierarchy. How about creating definable ranks with their own permissions.
Permissions could be chosen from these:
- building (allowed for using towns treasury for building)
- treasury overseeing (money on hand visible, donation log visible)
- bank access
- kicking players
- inviting players (separate from kicking)
- forum access
- hidden forum access
- promoting (can only give those promotions that are subset of his own permissions)

Examples:
Builder - building, bank access, forum access
Builder councilor - building, bank access, inviting players, treasury overseeing, hidden forum access, promoting
Guest - none
Ally guest - Forum access
Member - bank access, forum access
Councilor - bank access, inviting players, treasury overseeing, hidden forum access, promoting
Founder - all (always and it can not be changed)

DeletedUser1105

I agree that there needs to be more options, along the same lines as the tribal wars one.

DeletedUser

Speaking of permissions. Permissions will be more like this:

----------------
[ ] none
[ ] forum
[ ] forum and hidden forum
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] inviting players
[ ] inviting and kicking players
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] treasury access
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] town log
[ ] town log and treasury logs
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] promoting
[ ] promoting and demoting
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] town administration
----------------
[ ] none
[ ] multiple telegrams
----------------

Edit: removed bank access permission, added town administration permission, added town log permission

DeletedUser

Perhaps change them a bit to this.
Puli said:
--Forum Related--
[ ] forum Access
[ ] hidden forum
[ ] Forum Admin
--Town Administration--
[ ] inviting players
[ ] kicking players
[ ] Promoting and Demoting
[ ] treasury access
[ ] treasury and Construction logs
[ ] multiple telegrams
--Presets--
[ ] Resident (Excluded from everything except FOrum Access and Treasury Logs)
[ ] Councillor (Exclusion from kicking players, Promoting and Demoting)
[ ] Founder (Everything)

DeletedUser

You can chose only one choice for one group of permissions. Also they can implement it as radiobuttons. Of course they can do it through checkboxes too like you are trying to suggest.

DeletedUser

If you have your own town and work towards building it, the things you need will eventually become available.

wow lmao have you even played the game?:dry: you only get 2 of each kind per town so if i have yello and green indian neclaces in my town and i need the blue one for a quest it was intended for me to have to go to a different town.