Limit backpack - idea/suggestion

DeletedUser

Noobmic!
If the problem is that whatever you will change/use requires the server to open whole inventory, why not have a backpack (cookies, coal), a wardrobe (clothes), a gun-cabinet, stable etc. Meaning you never have open more then about one fifth of your inventory

DeletedUser24989

500 is huge number man....no one in the game ever had 500 stuff..

DeletedUser

500 is huge number man....no one in the game ever had 500 stuff..

It's possible with pants and belts. Back when the "Do you have everything" thread was active, the highest numbers were in the low 400s. It can be done with pants. But yeah, that's ridiculous for a limit of unique items, it might as well be unlimited.

Noobmic

If I remember 496 was the number of unique items before pants/belts and possible without some unique named weapons.

DeletedUser

Im confused why do the developers want to limit back pack ?
Limit products ok as crafting will be added and limiting products would make it harder to accomplish crafting, which is a good thing right ? will make it more skillful.
Plus they could do this quite simply with the backpack split into sections already. If you already have say 20 different stacked products and the limit of different products is 5 without premium (;) always thinking of you developers) you have to sell your products before being able to gain anymore.
Does that make sense ?

DeletedUser24989

why do you want to have alot of stuff in your bag? this is insane

DeletedUser

Im confused why do the developers want to limit back pack ?
Limit products ok as crafting will be added and limiting products would make it harder to accomplish crafting, which is a good thing right ? will make it more skillful.
Plus they could do this quite simply with the backpack split into sections already. If you already have say 20 different stacked products and the limit of different products is 5 without premium (;) always thinking of you developers) you have to sell your products before being able to gain anymore.
Does that make sense ?
Unlimited backpack do lots of damage to the system :D
Why you want to sell stuff away when you dont need money and have to pay fee to bank it?

DeletedUser

These are my thoughts.

The time to implement a FIXED number of items is LONG GONE.
MANY players will leave if that EVER happens [I have literally spent $100's in premium to amass my collections and if it wasn't for my collections / market, I would have QUIT this game already.]

That being said I understand the need to LIMIT how many items the game has to load when a player logs in. An UNLIMITED storage system, like a new town building, would be the PERFECT solution. You can only CARRY so many items with you [which would significantly decrease load times], but you can OWN unlimited number of items. Something like FREE storage at level 10 home town and a fee based storage at foreign town / townless players. Items can be picked up from any town for FREE [you pay the fee when deposited].

Regarding premium, I STRONGLY disagree with using premium for ANY form of storage, since that would make a currently FREE game thing, cost $$$. Having premium bonuses for crafting / premium change craft occupation [only once per month / quarter [3 months] / premium change character [only usable once per 6 months] would be a MUCH better solution to the income problem.

Another way to help solve the technical issues would be to make NON-gear items [job products / Christmas Candies, craft instructions & non-gear craft items] go automatically to the players storage space [like an auto deposit bank system for those items], instead of an inventory system]. Than just like the bank system of a player does a job/craft/quest that requires an item, it is automatically deducted from storage.

Lastly, Beta world currently has a feature where you can save up to 20 "sets" of gear. There isn't any reason they couldn't make it so those set items could be left in the warehouse and just equip to use, etc. Would save them having to be in inventory / displayed [expect when used]. If the limit was increased to say 50 sets of gear probably could eliminate the "backpack" entirely [just show gear set words there instead].

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm, town warehouse sounds great and will give us builders something to do for afew days :laugh:.
Seems like the only way to keep players happy or just buy bigger, better and fast servers ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

i don't see a need for more than 10-15 gear sets

Top 5 jobs
Speed set
FF Attack
FF Defend
Duel Attack
Duel Defend
Max HP
Sleepyhead

That's only 12 sets

DeletedUser9470

its very easy to answer this:
when i want to duel i want the best equipment, when i want to fort fight i want the best equipment, when i want to pick berries i want the best equipment. as simple as, and is why i have striven to acquire all the best gear for the daily jobs and tasks I want to do.

Top 5 jobs
Speed set
FF Attack
FF Defend
Duel Attack
Duel Defend
Max HP
Sleepyhead

That's only 12 sets

other sets too
any good dueller would have a set for all occasions:
HP set
vigor set
shooting set
HP regen set
Duel attack appearance
Duel attack toughness
Duel attack Reflex
Duel defense Tactics
Duel defense toughness
Duel defense reflex
pure reflex
pure toughness
full resist
duel shooting
duel aim
duel dodge

then theres jobs, best gear for every job
then fort battles
sniper set
dodgeset
attackset
defense set
lead set

theres hundreds of different combinations that wil give you a slight edge.
if i am limited to how many different sets i am allowed im defo going bye bye.

DeletedUser

its very easy to answer this:
when i want to duel i want the best equipment, when i want to fort fight i want the best equipment, when i want to pick berries i want the best equipment. as simple as, and is why i have striven to acquire all the best gear for the daily jobs and tasks I want to do.

other sets too
any good dueller would have a set for all occasions:
HP set
vigor set
shooting set
HP regen set
Duel attack appearance
Duel attack toughness
Duel attack Reflex
Duel defense Tactics
Duel defense toughness
Duel defense reflex
pure reflex
pure toughness
full resist
duel shooting
duel aim
duel dodge

then theres jobs, best gear for every job
then fort battles
sniper set
dodgeset
attackset
defense set
lead set

theres hundreds of different combinations that wil give you a slight edge.
if i am limited to how many different sets i am allowed im defo going bye bye.

I have never seen a reason for more than defense set. You don't know what your opponent will attack you with. In fact, I don't see a need for more than one of each type of attack and defend. Wouldn't a good dueller be either vigor or shooting, so no need to have both those sets. Likewise, either resistance or traditional, so no need for those different defense sets.

DeletedUser9470

I have never seen a reason for more than defense set. You don't know what your opponent will attack you with. In fact, I don't see a need for more than one of each type of attack and defend. Wouldn't a good dueller be either vigor or shooting, so no need to have both those sets. Likewise, either resistance or traditional, so no need for those different defense sets.

If you want to win duels, you learn what your opponent setup is, and you adapt. to do so the more equipment you have, the better.

thats obviously if you want to win duels, if your not fussed then just keep your 2 sets
;)

DeletedUser

To say "collecting everything is insane" is insane!
According to that logic re-specking for third key is insane. going HP tank is insane. Doing all quest's is insane etc.
The reason some people collect everything is because THAT'S THE WAY THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO PLAY THE GAME! Everybody trying to find their "game" within the game.
They have to find a way for people to keep their "stuff".

Noobmic

To say "collecting everything is insane" is insane!
According to that logic re-specking for third key is insane. going HP tank is insane. Doing all quest's is insane etc.
The reason some people collect everything is because THAT'S THE WAY THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO PLAY THE GAME! Everybody trying to find their "game" within the game.
They have to find a way for people to keep their "stuff".

You are right here and I need to add that for me I wanted at the beginning to do all quests and I did all of them, then I needed another thing to do and I wanted to be in the Hall of fame and I reached it, then I wanted to have every item in the game and now I almost have them, then level cap was removed and I wanted rank 1 at lvl 120 and I will be there. What do do next? So the only thing that remains for me is to collect items that I don't have.

Maybe if the game offered more options we wouldn't had time to spend on collecting items, but this is how it is and we cannot do much about it.

DeletedUser

Top 5 jobs
Speed set
FF Attack
FF Defend
Duel Attack
Duel Defend
Max HP
Sleepyhead

That's only 12 sets

There is alot of players that like to collect everything and even stack 100 of products just for self achievements , im not one of them though I understand, play how you wish and they should be allowed to as this was left open. It's like changing the rules to a bet when your wining it's just not cricket !!!
Like I said, get BIGGER AND BETTER SERVERS !!! it's not rocket science, automaticly delete old accounts when they are inactive for too long. Maybe do it on a level based.
Level 1-10 - automaticly delete if 14 days pass and no activity
10-30 - 20 days
30-50 - 28 days
50-120 - what ever it is now, something like 44 days isnt it ?
obviously if you put your account in vaction mode it will be safe though thats away to clean up the worlds without punishing active players loyalty here wanting to collect everything.
Too many new accounts sitting empty.

DeletedUser

Like I said, get BIGGER AND BETTER SERVERS !!! it's not rocket science, automaticly delete old accounts when they are inactive for too long. Maybe do it on a level based.
Level 1-10 - automaticly delete if 14 days pass and no activity
10-30 - 20 days
30-50 - 28 days
50-120 - what ever it is now, something like 44 days isnt it ?

It was 45 days [and I thought it still was]. This has been suggested, voted for, and apparently implemented. It might just be level 1s who are deleted quicker.

Poll: Implemented Deletion of accounts

DeletedUser

lol you sell your stuff to donate it to town man..

Town finished eons ago. And how many (and not every one is into) fort battles, can you have in a day. And, not being premium, and with all those quest's (Yes I was, and still am on a new quest like flies on horse crap) that wanted a Quadrillion turkey legs, I figured I need at least one piece of every junk out there, and more of the products. And in the beginning of this game you could not bank anywhere else then in your own bank. so the inventory grown, and become a piece of pride over time. 1300-1400 pieces of stuff worth 400000-500000 is my real bank. Been, and is my "lean-on" when quest's comes around. You gonna force me to get rid-o-ma stuff, loosing couple hundred thousand, and go and by it again when I need it! You no better then IRS, Wall St or any other pack of rats out there.
If they do it, in fairness, they have to cut everybody else bank account in half! And even so, loose a lot of players. Especially premium players who can legitimately claim they have paid nuggets for all their stuff they carry around with them.

And, oh, by the way, have fun, it's a game :D