Holiday games discussion thread

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Spread the Holiday Joy, share your best cookie recipe or bring us your feedback to improve the calendar for next year :)

Happy holiday
See you in the game
Your The West Team

PrancingPurplePony

Sorry, I haven't got the stamina to take part in this, it is too long and complicated and I am recovering from major surgery. Couldn't even find the motivation or inclination to read the starting story.
I appreciate the work that was put into the contest, but I can't take part.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
maingame is a contest for it self, the pop-up games are an extra chance to get gifts
main game answers has to be made with clear topic that it is the main game, and for the pop up games, you write the topic that is told in each game

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
These things should be announced in-game, really, as many will have missed the start.
Everyone can still keep up with the main game doesn't end until the 24th and only 1/4 of the game has been published so far, and the pop-up games are independent of the main game :)
but I'll take note of your feedback with in-game announcement for next year

1Big Chief

I feel for You @mnnielsen ... trying to spice the game up.
Regardless of all efforts.. there's always going to be negatives (take with pinch of salt).
I come to this forum max 10x a year .. so many like me will miss these announcements or mini games.
Good luck though & Happy Festive Season.

Snr Sarg

maingame is a contest for it self, the pop-up games are an extra chance to get gifts
main game answers has to be made with clear topic that it is the main game, and for the pop up games, you write the topic that is told in each game

sure

what is the game though??

Snr Sarg

Seems I can't edit a post anymore...

It's a serious question, I just don't get it.

I read some random story, on this forum, what/where is the game? Is it on the forum only, is it something in-game, I am clueless what is going on here

Abydos1

Seems I can't edit a post anymore...

It's a serious question, I just don't get it.

I read some random story, on this forum, what/where is the game? Is it on the forum only, is it something in-game, I am clueless what is going on here
It seems to be based on the game Clue (also the movie too) but a Christmas edition version which is very interesting so just keep reading the chapters to figure out the murder mystery...I'm not sure if the daily hints are to help or throw you off but hey that's all part of the game too. :up:

Victor Kruger

Why didnt you just announce a December comp in good time so the other 99.9% of the player base knows ? It should be obvious the place to increase player interaction do it is at log in. Every day this week log in has some begging spam about this or that notice, Faceberk, speed W, nuggs offer etc .. why not with forum competitions ?

Harriet Oleson

@Snr Sarg : And about the "where is the game", when we go at the forum's homepage, there's a section at the top called "Holiday games 2023". In there, there are 4 subsections : the rules, the main game, the hints/pop-up games, and this saloon.
If you're looking for the previous chapters, it's in the main game section. All the hints can still be read too (obviously in the section "hints/pop-up games"), as well as you can still play to the next pop-up games, including the one there's today if you send your answer before the deadline.

Snr Sarg

Jeez, I did read it, read it all, still clueless

Don't bother replying, have no further interest in an ill-thought out, ill-implemented something or other