Bank robbery in the city.

DeletedUser563

Looking at your last response grotman i think there is an impasse that you will never pass. Ok as compromise and I seriously suggest you change you idea this way then is that you take REAL towns out of this so:
1. You cannot attack actual towns
2. the developers will rather create 3 AI towns small,medium and large per block or quadrant with AI fighters .
3. You will be able to attack these towns for the loot using the principles you proposed and any group of players from one town or any GROUP OF townS.
4. there will be a cost of attacking.
5. as time pass from the last successful attack the loot auto grows continuously over time at a rate of say 1 dollar* per second so in an hour 3600 dollar.
6. players share in the loot.

* as determined by developers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Looking at your last response grotman i think there is an impasse that you will never pass. Ok as compromise and I seriously suggest you change you idea this way then is that you take REAL towns out of this so:
1. You cannot attack actual towns
2. the developers will rather create 3 AI towns small,medium and large per block or quadrant with AI fighters .
3. You will be able to attack these towns for the loot using the principles you proposed and any group of players from one town or any GROUP OF townS.
4. there will be a cost of attacking.
5. as time pass from the last successful attack the loot auto grows continuously over time at a rate of say 1 dollar* per second so in an hour 3600 dollar.
6. players share in the loot.

* as determined by developers
No. It's boring. :)

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but boring. Not in the style of the Wild West.

Warn about a bank robbery - this is nonsense. Robbery must be sudden. ;-)

Realism has to be balanced with gameplay considerations. You can't have a bunch of Ned Kellys roaming around robbing banks when everyone else on the planet is offline.

DeletedUser

lol your obviously some kind of teenager. Well then I guess my final vote will be NO.
Do not insult me.
Look again at how many votes won my idea on the Russian forum.

Realism has to be balanced with gameplay considerations. You can't have a bunch of Ned Kellys roaming around robbing banks when everyone else on the planet is offline.
I agree.
We are the idea base. Players robbed the treasury of the city. Bank defends NPC-security and players off-line (usually). Developers will calculate the power of the NPC-guards to bank robbery was difficult. Perhaps this: the less money in the treasury, the easier to rob a bank.
Adequate robbers would not rob a bank, when the city is full of people. This is realism.
No chasing robbers. Usually, the robbers in masks and no one sees their faces. This is realism.

Personal accounts can not be robbed.

Very often, in the treasury of the old city is a lot of money and nowhere to spend it. We will have the opportunity to use the money to the treasury for the benefit of the players. The gameplay is great, I promise.

DeletedUser563

That is off topic I read through some of the responses . What can I say ..perhaps bad translations all around. Do not know it didnt seem lucid for me. Perhaps there is a problem with the translation as I see you also used the straight translate option from chrome as your post read exactly the same. Well even if it passed the developers did not like it. I was trying to fix your idea but your response was that my solution is boring in your words. You seem to be very hyper hence my comment that your a teenager as that is how teenagers act not really concentrated and then dismissive of what elders say ;\0 Elmyr pointed out the flaw in your idea as was pointed out by me also to explain this in other words it is the principle of chaos. Your idea will cause a chaotic world. A 100 or so players will just attack towns all day and long time town residents will pretty soon get fed up defending against players that want to steal in 10 minutes what they build up their whole playing life. Players will obviously shift their funds to their personal bank accounts and then use a place and dig system to dig fort battles... Player A deposit enough to dig battle Player B at fort dig. Dont feel to bad about our NO votes its not that we dont like you we dont like your idea :D

DeletedUser

That is off topic I read through some of the responses . What can I say ..perhaps bad translations all around. Do not know it didnt seem lucid for me. Perhaps there is a problem with the translation as I see you also used the straight translate option from chrome as your post read exactly the same. Well even if it passed the developers did not like it. I was trying to fix your idea but your response was that my solution is boring in your words. You seem to be very hyper hence my comment that your a teenager as that is how teenagers act not really concentrated and then dismissive of what elders say ;\0 Elmyr pointed out the flaw in your idea as was pointed out by me also to explain this in other words it is the principle of chaos.
There are problems with the translation. But I understand your basic point of view.
Please try not to break the foundation of my ideas, but to supplement it.

Your idea will cause a chaotic world. A 100 or so players will just attack towns all day and long time town residents will pretty soon get fed up defending against players that want to steal in 10 minutes what they build up their whole playing life. Players will obviously shift their funds to their personal bank accounts and then use a place and dig system to dig fort battles... Player A deposit enough to dig battle Player B at fort dig. Dont feel to bad about our NO votes its not that we dont like you we dont like your idea :D
I will try to convince you.
Chaos will not be!
First, the bank robbery should not be easy.
Second, the raiders will spend their energy and health.
Third, should limit the number of robberies. A special motivation? For example, -33% for robbery, +5% per day. If the motivation is low, the raider is weak.
Fourth, personal accounts can not be robbed.
Fifth, very often, in the treasury of the old city is a lot of money and nowhere to spend it. We will have the opportunity to use the money to the treasury for the benefit of the players.

DeletedUser563

grotman if you even allow 5% of the town treasury to be robbed it is not something that can be ignored indefinitely by the town concerned. 20 x successful attacks will also mean zero town treasury and with "hated " towns like an alliance founder town that will equate to several attacks probably even up to 100 a day. How good they are notwithstanding you are ruining the game for them and mostly players will just abandon the treasury for sanity sake. My negativity is to your benefit as you can take my ideas into a cons column and work out modifications to help better the idea. So may I suggest an exercise..just take a piece of paper and write down all the pro and cons as presented by other players ignoring your own feelings on this and then think about it and write solutions for the cons that is plausible ignoring your own feelings about them What this exercise will do is form a better concept over time of a realistic version of your idea.

a time ago i had a concept for an online game:kinda a post nuclear world with no civilization and solitary characters that attacked each other for survival. Well one of the concepts was kind of allowing a successful player to with the items he gathered build kind of challenges outside his town similar to "god of war". Perhaps this would be the solution to eliminate too many attacks just allow a town to construct a kind of maze outside their town posing some challenges to eliminate frivolous attacks.

DeletedUser

I do not understand why you are afraid of robbing the city treasury? :) The money in the treasury are important at the stage of development of the city. While the city is built the city treasury has enough money. No one will rob.
After the city is fully built the money accumulate without meaning. Free money is spent only to attack the fort.
The treasury of many cities have hundreds of thousands of dollars. Players do not pay attention to it!

How the new forts? Many players build a fort for a long time: they are investing time, money and resources. Then comes the enemy, and recaptures this fort. This is very disappointing for those who built it. Why do you think about it? :mad:

I'm going to compromise: Let the defenders of the bank do not lose their health after the battle, but also gain experience.

P.S. I'm - Gotsman, not grotman.

DeletedUser563

a lot of new construction stuff is probably planned for the west 2.0 and with the current church a town need lots of money to be the number 1 town or try to be number 1 town. Furthermore as to abuse if my town has 1 million and you steal my treasury with 5 men say we are all at a fort battle when you attack: they each get 200000 for being sneaky. That is real abuse as your punishing active towns who attend fort battles "what most town founders are striving for" There is just too many cons with your idea and I assume that your a moderator on the russian forum hence your failure to do come up with plausible solutions to the holes in your idea.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

Well how about my points here :( Are they so bad that you dont even want to take them up to consideration????

But if this bankrobbery goes nowhere, then i'll just post my version of the concept, also i have forgotten to mention that in the COLORADO world forum, where i wrote this something about being able to rob the YELLOW towns in the east sectors of the map. Those that are "founding". I suggest that you make a bank there and. Well let under lvl 20 players rob it. Just to give people a start about it. And those towns are pure npc towns. Designed for sleeping or robbing in.

Get the point? You can first rob a real towns bank at lvl 20, and you'll get money based on your level.

DeletedUser

a lot of new construction stuff is probably planned for the west 2.0 and with the current church a town need lots of money to be the number 1 town or try to be number 1 town. Furthermore as to abuse if my town has 1 million and you steal my treasury with 5 men say we are all at a fort battle when you attack: they each get 200000 for being sneaky. That is real abuse as your punishing active towns who attend fort battles "what most town founders are striving for" There is just too many cons with your idea and I assume that your a moderator on the russian forum hence your failure to do come up with plausible solutions to the holes in your idea.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You're too picky. ;)

Now the money in the Treasury "does not work."

1. Where to spend one million dollars? If the treasury had accumulated a huge amount of money, then spend them nowhere.

2. If in the future updates will come up with how to spend one million dollars, then large amounts of money in the treasury will not accumulate.

From this it follows that if the treasury robbed, the World War did not happen. If the city will lose unnecessary money, the money will go only to the players. $ 200,000? Jackpot! :laugh:

DeletedUser

Now the money in the Treasury "does not work."

1. Where to spend one million dollars? If the treasury had accumulated a huge amount of money, then spend them nowhere.

The church is not the end of unlimited building levels.

DeletedUser

Well my suggestion as, yea in the colorado forum, is to make a cap on how much money you can rob.

A max cap of 2000 should be enough for the greedy players, but if it's gonna be just like fortfighting, then it need some more limitations, as in fort fighting you gain exp, plus bonds, but here you gain lots of money if succesfull, so it should be more of an energy user, with the disadvantage of losing health. Also you should'nt be able to rob 2000 as some greenhorn lvl 6 because no one protected the bank... Maybe give money according to lvl? fx lvl 9=90, lvl 50=500. or maybe 1,5 times the level of the robber will have money granted if he succeds in robbing the bank.

So to rob the town bank, then it costs 24 max 48. energy, that should be suitable. Also if it's gonna be fortfighting, then it is completely unfair for the defender/attackers if some 10000 hp tank robs/defends a bank. Maybe add some other purposes of it in the featured idea? Like dueling skills are way more needed than health. Maybe you can use both gun, and hand weapon? It should also be noted, that a robbery dont take more than 15 mins. As that would just be really unreal.

I like the ideas, that you need dynamite for it :p Maybe you could also bribe or lower the guards powe/stats, with yea maybe whiskey, tequila and rum. Making it much more attractive to get those items. Didn't myself thought of the idea of some hiding place as bank levels. GREAT IDEA.

I kinda think that the amount of attackers should have a limit, for max 4-8 as robberies aren't made by armies, but a small gang of hardcore criminals, that go for the win.
I do not agree with the limit stolen from the treasury.

I do not agree with the fact that the character level affects the amount of money that he can steal from the treasury.

Players are free to rob the bank of any city. Small towns are protected by the fact that they usually have very little money.

Wasting energy on a bank robbery? I'm not sure, because that battle for the fort does not take away the energy.

The limit of the robbers? The limit should be. About twenty people, not 4-8.

I dont think you'll need the to have a online defence for the bank 24/7. Because the money is the towns, but if you have been robbed, then maybe have some sort of higher state of defence in the town, fx i you have been robbed in the last 48 hours, then your hiding stash is gonna have double effect? Maybe the guards should have a slight bonus as they are aware, but maybe the attackers should also have an advantage. Fx if you KO an NPC guard, then they wont be able to defend until they have got 4-6 hours to recover.

Just wondering if these ideas will do for now :p

I still stand by the idea, of the amount of money gained is determined by how many robbers left who succeds in "Robbing the bank", and they'll get money according to there level.

ALSO if it's gonna be like some huge impact activity, and a lot like fort fighting. Then here is my proposals for robbing.

Well the map, is up to the devs to decide, but it needs a lot of strategic points and way to get to the bank. The robbing is gonna go much faster, and you got 3 moves. each move can be used to move 1 square/shot with leftgun 1time/use dueling weapon.

But the damage is gonna kinda different, like some caps fx. the main gun is effective at a range of 8 up, but it will lose damage or hit chance if the targeted enemy is under 8 squares away. Handguns, or just ranged dueling weapons, should have a damage/hit chance boost of 3x if the enemy is between 3-7 squares away, and if you wear a melee weapon then you'll only be able to hit the enemy if they are 1 square. But you'll do 5 times dmg as it comes with rist to get closer.

So guns for long range, fx if trying to root out enemies, handguns for medium range, as they have a much higher chance of hitting cause of smaller weapons. Melee weapons for melee combat, they got massive damage, as it can be riskfull to get close and out of cover.

So to make it more interesting i have thought of class bonuses. Making them much more specialized for their purposes.

WORKER: Gets an bonus 5% chance to hit, and if defending bank the worker gets 8% instead. This should make them purposesfull snipers, smiting on the attackers from behind. Workers in FF aren't the highest hp fighters and will love to just be a sniper. They also receive 5% damage increase if using guns. Effective against duelers and soldiers.

Adventurers: Gets 1 extra move point, that can only be used to move a square plus 2% dodge chance, and 3% instead if attacking. This should make it very usable for them to use melee weapons, so they fx can root out snipers and take them down using their bonus move point and their dodge chance=anti worker.

Duelers: Gets an extra 8% damage increase if the enemy is hit. Also they get an 12% damage increase instead if it's a soldier they hit. Handguns always got an 12% damage applied extra on top of the bonus hit/damage bonus. Duelers are hardhitters admit it the should take the snipers down. ANTI soldier

Soldiers: I dont like hp tanks, and this bonus is probally get them stronger 4% damage neglected. They take 25% less damage from melees. This should make them guards. Making them able to block the adventurer if he wants to go melee, because of their toughnes.

Extra edit: NPC should use guns always, but the better the bank, then they should be able to change to melee/handgun/ weapon, and they should have some AI cleverness, so they dont just stand at one spot.

NOTE: The following bonus aren't needed at all if this aint gonna be like fort fighting in 3-5 times speed. Just thougts i think of.

I find it hard to discuss it. Maybe you're right.

So in other words jakkals, you say the defenders of the town should get something from defending a town? Bonds ofc.

But the thing you stated about people not wanna deposit in the towns account, that is rubbish. As long as you still bank money in your own safe account you'll pay fees, and an certain amount of that money goes straight in to the town deposit.

If you have a town of 20 members, then there is gonna be quite a lot of banking, and even more if there is foreigner who tries to bank (Cost you 20% fees), and i dont now how many percentage of the fees goes into the town deposit as i haven't dont the math :p

But yea i kinda agree with some of your points, and if you read my suggestions then this is quite a nice idea. After all it's up to the devs to look this trough and approve it (THAT WOULD BE TOTTALY AWESOME I HELP BUILD THIS GAME :D)

But after all this is just money for the single player, and for his own use. I see it as a way more risky way of dueling. I dont think it's gonna have the hughest impact. As this should be more of an offliner bond generator for those defending town, and money for those who robs an bank. All in all i like the concept, and tries to get more ideas on it.

Bonds? Maybe you're right.

My answer was about the suggestions you made, even though they aren't that clear, but i dont see an workaround for you concept yet, so we'll leave it here right?

Dont really get your concept, as it would really do that good for the game. It would be way to much like FF
I'm sorry, I do not understand.
If you have any questions to me, if possible, use simple phrases to the translation was easy.

Well how about my points here :( Are they so bad that you dont even want to take them up to consideration????

But if this bankrobbery goes nowhere, then i'll just post my version of the concept, also i have forgotten to mention that in the COLORADO world forum, where i wrote this something about being able to rob the YELLOW towns in the east sectors of the map. Those that are "founding". I suggest that you make a bank there and. Well let under lvl 20 players rob it. Just to give people a start about it. And those towns are pure npc towns. Designed for sleeping or robbing in.

Get the point? You can first rob a real towns bank at lvl 20, and you'll get money based on your level.
I'm sorry, I do not understand.
If you have any questions to me, if possible, use simple phrases to the translation was easy.

DeletedUser

I6am7.png

So you think all but $50k of that should be open to being robbed? And how exactly do you justify ridiculous rewards for less time and work than goes into a fort battle? It seems to me that you just want free money. Bank robbery needs to be more about the fun of the robbery itself than the reward, if it needs to be in game at all.

DeletedUser

So you think all but $50k of that should be open to being robbed? And how exactly do you justify ridiculous rewards for less time and work than goes into a fort battle? It seems to me that you just want free money. Bank robbery needs to be more about the fun of the robbery itself than the reward, if it needs to be in game at all.

1. The bank robbery should not be easy.

2. I'm not a game developer. To not accumulated in the treasury $ 2,031,339 need other ideas, other than endless construction of the church. Do you understand me? Is not my fault that the treasury is two million dollars. :mad:

DeletedUser

To not accumulated in the treasury $ 2,031,339 need other ideas, other than endless construction of the church.

Like I said, unlimited building levels don't end with the church, that's just the start.

Do you understand me? Is not my fault that the treasury is two million dollars.

I have no problem or complaint whatsoever with the money being useless in my towns' treasuries. You're the one trying to get it out.

DeletedUser

I do agree with the idea that the town treasury should serve more purposes other than builiding a church or starting a battle occasionally. I find this suggestion (and all others similar to it, since this isn't the first one I see related to this matter) very interesting and with a lot of potential. But it has to have some boundaries/limits well specified so that some town generally known for its treasury wealth doesn't get harassed.

Elmyr's town is a good example, that is a huge load of gold in a treasury and it sure took a lot of effort to get to that amount. So, althought I think there could be some other ways to invest the town treasury (maybe give the 'town hats' a bit more power and allow them to access the money?), I think all this hard work shouldn't be put in jeopardy easily/often.

DeletedUser

I do not agree with the fact that the character level affects the amount of money that he can steal from the treasury.

Players are free to rob the bank of any city. Small towns are protected by the fact that they usually have very little money.

Wasting energy on a bank robbery? I'm not sure, because that battle for the fort does not take away the energy.

The limit of the robbers? The limit should be. About twenty people, not 4-8.

If that's what you want: NO