Feedback 2024 Awesomia Battle Initiative - Feedback

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Awesomia admission works based on the sign up order only, there are no other factors.
well, that is simply incorrect.
Awesomia GM battle admissions are handled no differently than any other battle
The first factor is Rank (descending)
The second factor is Freelancer #members of the digger's alliance get priority
There is no third factor -- it is indeterminate

Yes, there is compelling evidence that "Order of registration" is effectively a third factor, but the return order is not guaranteed to remain by order of registration -- there are known instances where early registrants did not get in and only educated guesses as to why.

Clever Hans

well, that is simply incorrect.
Awesomia GM battle admissions are handled no differently than any other battle
The first factor is Rank (descending)
The second factor is Freelancer #members of the digger's alliance get priority
There is no third factor -- it is indeterminate

Yes, there is compelling evidence that "Order of registration" is effectively a third factor, but the return order is not guaranteed to remain by order of registration -- there are known instances where early registrants did not get in and only educated guesses as to why.
I am talking about the GM Awesomia fights when the players are all recruits which is the case in most of the GM battles (with the recent exceptions of Colorado which is the only world that can overfill the sides in the large fort on .net). If everyone is a recruit and at the fort, there is no other factor besides the order of signups.

chydovish4e

I am talking about the GM Awesomia fights when the players are all recruits which is the case in most of the GM battles (with the recent exceptions of Colorado which is the only world that can overfill the sides in the large fort on .net). If everyone is a recruit and at the fort, there is no other factor besides the order of signups.
true.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Alas, while it is clearly a significant factor, it is simply not an explicit factor and so there are indeterminate circumstances where even the first registrant can get left out.

It remains the case that it is recommended to register early, it’s just doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get in.

PrancingPurplePony

the valentine event is nearly over and I see no awesomia fights set for this weekend in Arizona, Colorado and Dakota. Don't play other net worlds so I can't say if they got any set up. I guess we aren't gonna get that last chance at extra hearts for the event?

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
the valentine event is nearly over and I see no awesomia fights set for this weekend in Arizona, Colorado and Dakota. Don't play other net worlds so I can't say if they got any set up. I guess we aren't gonna get that last chance at extra hearts for the event?
I will make sure the 4th & final Valentines Awesomia battles get dug before 23:59. Do understand that we as a fort team are volunteers and there are moments in which we are unavailable. We do our best.

Edit:
They have all been dug except for Briscoe & Navajo which have player-dug Awesomia's, meaning these Awesomia battles will be dug after those battles have been concluded.

Last edited:

martoru

I will make sure the 4th & final Valentines Awesomia battles get dug before 23:59. Do understand that we as a fort team are volunteers and there are moments in which we are unavailable. We do our best.

Edit:
They have all been dug except for Briscoe & Navajo which have player-dug Awesomia's, meaning these Awesomia battles will be dug after those battles have been concluded.
for that reason you are a few (too many doing nothing - my humble opinion) event managers and a few (same - my humble opinion) battle strategist...

and when recive nugetts or gringo items is not really volunteers :p

martoru

why cant you give something usefull like this and still insist with most wanted bag... i wish forum rules to allow me to tell how much is wanted that bag

WesternCalin

Not wanting to be the right guy but rewards here are better. Instead of the green beer and pancakes here we get 75 gold coins and a chest with some random set items, so i'd say rewards here are better.

martoru

we are not talking about coin bag

we were taling about a beer and a pancake vs bag

but probably youre on diet if you not like beer and a pancake that cost 75 bonds/nuggets

martoru

hy

if 400 eastern eggs on colo instead of 650 have some logic why red letter is replace with green one?

in fact why colo beeing last acrtive world should have smaller rewards? in that way new management want to set an example? last active world so let penalise it??? syntex management regime did not make such discriminations

not to say that awesomia battles are predictable exactly like in calendar :p

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
Usually we plan during the weekend 1 fight every week. That's why the calendar shows that. However since there will be 3 overlapping events we have chosen to plan in more Awesomia battles to cover all events rather than just 1x a week. The calendar will be updated to reflect the new schedule we planned ahead til mid april.

WesternCalin

On Colo there will be 2 battles in the same week so they split the rewards to not be way to different then all the other worlds. On 24/25 we will actually get 150 more eggs by joining both battles.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
hy

if 400 eastern eggs on colo instead of 650 have some logic why red letter is replace with green one?

in fact why colo beeing last acrtive world should have smaller rewards? in that way new management want to set an example? last active world so let penalise it??? syntex management regime did not make such discriminations

smaller rewards but twice the battles. It seemed a good way to ensure players were able to get a fair share of the special rewards -- if they miss out on the one they can exercise the overfilled clause to at least get the other.

ra1g

how many battles will there be before the end of lucky clover event that will contain gold coins as a reward? (event ends 02.04 23:59)

martoru

Hello roth

Im go a skip part when you make anouncement for tomorrow battle today just after in colo we have declared a prime battle...

Now my question...so on colorado will be smaller rewards because one of you, staff members did not do this job proper last time?

So more then 250 players who did nothing wrong should pay for one single person who did a mistake...nice world you live in

Now please be a little more explicit about spliting rewards...one day clover and 400 eggs and secound coins and 400 eggs....because from youre mumbeling of anouncement i can understand that 400 eggs can be split too 200 and 200

martoru

Hello roth

Im go a skip part when you make anouncement for tomorrow battle today just after in colo we have declared a prime battle...
change my mind.. im not gona skip...

declaring a battle breaking 2 rules , fist one with 3 hours betwen 2 battles no less then 2 in youre case, and secound rule about beeing a 5th battle in 24 hours should be a cooldown of 6 hours (first 4 on colo were all legit more or less)

so as i said you as a staff member declaring ignoring totally Spam policy battle rules, how will justify from now on youre team mate Groober canceling any battle ? rules must be obey evan by those that made them