Resolved zero motivation duelers

DeletedUser

Speaking of Hernando's sword...how do you get those kind of items?

DeletedUser

Search the forum about Hernando's sword and pieces of note(part 1, 2 and 3). We are not allowed to post spoilers about this particular quest, but if you read the threads that come up after searching you'll be able to figure it out. At least I did that yesterday.

DeletedUser

Please stay on topic.

I think there was a change where you got money according to your motivation but there also was an outrage and the whole thing was reversed. Something like that.

Duelers already receive only 1/3 of the victim's cash, if motivation plays a role too, then they won't make any cash at all.

The first time it was implemented, it was something that had been discussed and apparently just decided to go ahead with it unannounced. It was quickly fixed after much outcry. The second time it was an accident, with the wrong version of that particular code being used in an update.

Do you hear what you are proposing? Losing an item you have worked hard to buy, or you have found, or god forbid an item you have received from a quest *cough* Hernando's sword *cough*.

It's been over a year since it was first suggested. It will never happen.

Speaking of Hernando's sword...how do you get those kind of items?

It's a secret. :p

DeletedUser

I am level 15 currently doing just fine dueling as much as I can. But do you think I should let my motivation rise a little bit, so I can reach like lvl 25 or so and then resume 0 motivation dueling?

About ontopic. Can anyone give me some insight on that one?

DeletedUser

. . .

Yes, of course...

I think you should level up a bit, let´s say up to Level 25-35...
Your opponents can do better jobs, and that means you´ll get more money...

At the same time, your equipment would be better, the difference between spending all your points into duel habilities rather than for jobs grows, and you can duel a lot of people from a lot of citties...

Obviously, your levelling up must NOT be by dueling...
0% dueling is also for controlling your dueler lever... ;)

Do some jobs at first, conclude some quests...
Be sure to have all the weapons you can BEFORE you have the level to use them... :)

I think it´s a funny way of playing...
Working all day is extremely boring!!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I duel for experience, so I would say let it rise, others might have a different opinion.

DeletedUser

About ontopic. Can anyone give me some insight on that one?

Hey bOOk, after I got the answers form sk8terman & hotnsexy, I did some contemplating on the subject.

of course we want to level up at some time, but personally I'm going to do that through high experience jobs to keep my dueling exp low.

that way I'll make good money dueling and improve my towns rating, but I'll also be protecting myself later from duelers/soldiers who are, for example, 10+ base lvls up on me, built properly and could absolutly work my character over. But with the top end gear I will be able to afford, those same players won't have any defense against my player

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well my motivation is going to reach zero today. I plan in advance and have a lot of quests which I can complete and rise a few levels. It will be strange to work on a job again.

DeletedUser

I don't know about that Ciaran...I think they do it because you can accumulate virtually unlimited cash with out leveling up.

Silver mining & clearing the forest, along with a couple low luck jobs thrown in can have you leveling up at a snail's pace.

DeletedUser

Well I like Deuling for a bit of Xp and money is a bounus, but they dont get Xp either so they wont be that useful in fort battles!!

So overall I just dont like that idea.

Because the main aim of the game is to get to lvl 99!

DeletedUser

main aim of the game is to enjoy,
they can do that whilst dueling, building, simply collecting stuff or getting to level 99

DeletedUser

Yea but being a 0% Motivationg deuler doesnt get you any Xp to rank up to level 99 that is what I mean Neo-quick

DeletedUser

And that also prevent you from having a high dueling level. The higher your dueling level is, the most likely you will be dueled by bigger stronger players for experience. So it depends what you like to do. Neo Quick meant to say that it depends on each player's goals in the game. If your goal is to get to level 99 faster, then 0% motivation is not the way. But if your goal is to duel a lot and not get your dueling level to high to fast, then 0% motivation is definitely a great option. It all depends on what makes the game enjoyable for you. You seem to be interested in leveling up fast, which is one way to play. Not everybody enjoys the same thing, so this is why there are different ways to play the game.

DeletedUser

Is there really a "main goal" to this game?

You completely missed the point of her post. She didn't say there's a main goal. She's referring to specific players goals. Every single player has goals, even if it's just to have fun.

DeletedUser

Is there really a "main goal" to this game?

Yeah, as neo quick said, the main goal is to enjoy the game. Each and every one of us enjoy the game in different ways, going pure, dueling a lot, leveling up fast, collecting and so on. These are different goals that make the game enjoyable for different players.

Thanks Elmyr for your help. :razz:

DeletedUser

I just duel and buy things and duel more.I'm hoping to be in the top 100 duelers in a month or so.I don't care if they're soldiers,duelers,adventurers or buildiers.

DeletedUser

mow101, its easier to get into the top100 early on.. than say staying in that top 100 for a long period of time.
However its a nice goal to have.. :)

DeletedUser

Yeah.In W11 I'm a pure buildier and in W10 I'm a dueler.Might as well make a soldier and an adventurer later on.