Zero Motivation Duelers

• Thread starter Moisley Massacre
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I just wondered what everyone thinks about zero motivation duelers?

I do very well doing it but it does seem very unfair because I can make 2-4k per day :)

DeletedUser

He's saying to duel non-stop to the point of no motivation at all. I guess the up side is a ton of money, the bigger downside is NO XP. You will never level up with no XP.

DeletedUser

I have spoke about this before and it still does not make sense to me.

DeletedUser

I guess its alright. You don't level though, if your high enough to buy the items with that cash its fine. But before then, its kinda useless. Id rather xp duel, although 0 motive dueling might be fun.

DeletedUser

Thats true.. havent risen a lvl in over a month but I have the top gear already even tho i cant wear it yet. Also this level is perfect for looting because no one my level range can seem to beat me :/

Even tho it isn't against rules, I kinda feel like its exploiting lol

DeletedUser

I would say my Pure Dex/Shooter is way more fun. I have the best clothes, some of the best jobs, top weapons and make way more money than any dueler. Oh and I get on the rankings :D

DeletedUser

It's good to do it early in the game. You can make lots of money without rising too far in the dueling ranks and thereby keeping higher level duelers from hitting you. Plus you get to keep your targets relatively easy prey. Use the money to buy the best gear you can get. Then when you get a sweet dueling kit you can start dueling for xp as you will be better equipped to handle players higher than you.

It's also good to do once you reach a higher level so that you don't rise so far above most targets that you end up limiting yourself to who you can hit.

DeletedUser

The reason I started doing it is because I am really not happy with 1 or 2 duels a day.. BORING! hehe.. should be more like 20+

And althought it's hard to believe, I rarely hit workers - just duelers/soldiers so it does stay fun! I'm sorry to be boasting at you but I really get a kick out of taking peoples money and marking their mortician.. I think i'm top dueler on about 100 morts :)

So is it bad 'gamemanship'?.. or should I carry on guilt free teehee ;)

DeletedUser

it's good to do it early in the game. You can make lots of money without rising too far in the dueling ranks and thereby keeping higher level duelers from hitting you. Plus you get to keep your targets relatively easy prey. Use the money to buy the best gear you can get. Then when you get a sweet dueling kit you can start dueling for xp as you will be better equipped to handle players higher than you.

It's also good to do once you reach a higher level so that you don't rise so far above most targets that you end up limiting yourself to who you can hit.

exactly! :)

DeletedUser

It isn't bad gamemanship. It is a good tactic. Although at some point you may want to start letting your motivation rise so you can wear all those clothes you have and start taking on more challenging opponents.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I think it may be a few more weeks though, i've already got all my top level kit but I am constantly feeding a town with $ at the moment.. another 30k and i'll quit.. honest! haha

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Well maybe if your not losing duels you can build up a record amount of money and just let the bank overflow. Having a low duelling level will stop high levels from slapping you around, it looks like fun.

DeletedUser

I can't believe you make $2k per day dueling. The most I ever made from a single duel is about $130, sometimes $80, mostly less than $10 or nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

DeletedUser

I love 0% motivation dueling, can't afford to do it on w9 as too many in my town are doing it, and they need someone to lord it over them (Joking guys - or am I?)

On w1 though, tons of easy targets who've not been hit for months, can make 1000s off 5-6 duels if you're lucky.

If you want to get more cash, Wild Jase Hiccup target folks doing good cash jobs!

Just look for them on the map.

Expect a lot of this though :mad:

DeletedUser

I still don't see a justifiable reason why some people would like to duel for so little exp or nothing at all. Leveling up is good, more skill points to allot, better weapon to use. What's the point of using energy for gaining nothing? Zero motivation dueling is a poor excuse to remain at low levels for dueling more noobs and workers. :p

DeletedUser

Not entirely, it is a good source of income, but if you've already bought all the best gear for upcoming levels, it's time to move on.

DeletedUser

I did something very similar to you starting out it is definitely a good way to make an income. I was pretty much unbeatable until about level 30-32 things started to change and my dueling rank got quite high made me pretty duelable by people many levels higher than me. Now I duel 100% motivation as I want to get to level 45 asap so I can do Charlatan, my job range sucks ass.

DeletedUser

Jobs, I'd say that was the main problem with 0% dueling, still its fun if you just want to duel.

On the xp front, as an example, I just KO'd someone a few real levels above up, but worth 200xp to me (he attacked me).

So I'd say.. if you want the xp, its there.

DeletedUser15920

I can't believe you make $2k per day dueling. The most I ever made from a single duel is about $130, sometimes $80, mostly less than $10 or nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing wrong....just that I guess your targets maybe are still low levels....they dont work in high level money jobs....