Youthful Moderators - split from Meanest Mod thread.

DeletedUser

When you reach eligible age (18), you'll look back at this and think to yourself, "Damn, I would have sucked at being a moderator." Older individuals are just more mature.

Yes, you're right. Though i am joking, guys. All the mods are more mature then me, of course. That is why they are mods. But, i have question, how do the mod's know so much? I ask a question, and a mod answers it immediately.
Do you spend hour's pouring over books and guides?

DeletedUser3717

Yes, you're right. Though i am joking, guys. All the mods are more mature then me, of course. That is why they are mods. But, i have question, how do the mod's know so much? I ask a question, and a mod answers it immediately.

To answer your question, No we don't.

Half the answeres you need regarding the forum are within the rules ;)

As for ingame questions half the mods have more knowledge ingame because they play it too much xD

DeletedUser

I think Admins.Other forums give Moderaotrs the ability to change their own title to whatever they want.

DeletedUser3717

Are mods or admins who can change their title? Admins right?

Admins such as

Redmanphill or Gem can can change the name of anyones Title, Rank and privelages on the forum.

Where as the Deputy Sheriffs such as me can edit post and deleted post and infract for our sections.

Sheriffs such as Elmyr & Heftysmurf They have the same rights as Deputy Sheriffs, Just they can edit signatures and give Moderators infractions and they can moderate any section they want.

Diggo11

But, i have question, how do the mod's know so much? I ask a question, and a mod answers it immediately.
Back to this question, alot of stuff mods know isn't purely from being an addict. It's all the little things you pick up along the way, coming from a mixture of both the game and the forums, that makes the difference.

DeletedUser

Admins such as

Redmanphill or Gem can can change the name of anyones Title, Rank and privelages on the forum.

Where as the Deputy Sheriffs such as me can edit post and deleted post and infract for our sections.

Sheriffs such as Elmyr & Heftysmurf They have the same rights as Deputy Sheriffs, Just they can edit signatures and give Moderators infractions and they can moderate any section they want.

To me, now everything is almost crystal clear, except one thing:

It looks like sheriffs have more habilites than Deputy sheriffs. Is this right? Because to me it looks like Deputy sheriffs would be superior or somthing

DeletedUser

Sheriffs oversee the deputy sheriffs.

Deputy sheriffs only have control over their specific section(s) of the forum that they moderate. Sheriffs have control over every section of the forum.

DeletedUser

Sheriffs oversee the deputy sheriffs.

Deputy sheriffs only have control over their specific section(s) of the forum that they moderate. Sheriffs have control over every section of the forum.

Ok now everything is clear to me
It just looks weird to me that Sheriffs oversee Deputy sheriffs

DeletedUser

Ok now everything is clear to me
It just looks weird to me that Sheriffs oversee Deputy sheriffs

not if you understand old west law

the sheriff was like the head lawman in the town and the Deputy worked for him.

DeletedUser

Deputy Sherrifs have to be mean and infract people for typing a word wrong to be a Sherrif.If that's true then Diggo should be the main Sherrif of these forums.....

DeletedUser

I'm still annoyed by age barrier.... It's unfair
*Starts a picket line outside the Moderators house and shout "Let us be mods!"*

DeletedUser

i dont wanna be mod
too much work:razz:
You are right, it is too much work, it is thankless, you receive a lot of abuse, there's minimal kickback, and it changes the parameters of your association within this community. Indeed, it's amazing to watch people calling me a cheater because I'm a volunteer mod as well as a player. If you think you're going to gain respect by being a mod, you're wrong. I receive less respect now than when I was just a player.

And, like anything else, you must measure your self respect by your personal value and accomplishments, not by the titles you accumulate or the accolades thrust before you. If any of you wish to be a mod for the respect others will provide to you, than you are definitely not on the right track and need to instead focus on respecting yourself.

DeletedUser

If you think only about what other people think about you then you've lost faith in yourself.I'm sometimes called a nerd and I don't care if they call me that because I usually get them back regardless of gender.Keep your mind clear and laugh at their abuse towards you since they just do that to keep their own confidence by making fun of people.Some people are affected by what people say.I used to be like that but then I got used to it after loads of kids in my school found out who I like due to annoying eavesdropping(did I spell that right?) girls in my class.I get teased by "Alan is in love" or just the usual "**** and Alan sitting in a tree blah blah blah".
Moderators get abused but then again they volunteered to do it regardless of consequences.

DeletedUser

If you think only about what other people think about you then you've lost faith in yourself.I'm sometimes called a nerd and I don't care if they call me that because I usually get them back regardless of gender.Keep your mind clear and laugh at their abuse towards you since they just do that to keep their own confidence by making fun of people.Some people are affected by what people say.I used to be like that but then I got used to it after loads of kids in my school found out who I like due to annoying eavesdropping(did I spell that right?) girls in my class.I get teased by "Alan is in love" or just the usual "**** and Alan sitting in a tree blah blah blah".
Moderators get abused but then again they volunteered to do it regardless of consequences.

Nice. Who's the lucky girl? Haha, just kidding. I agree, masterofwar, or may i call you allan? Thats a nice little story. And you did spell eavesdropping right.