Your views on current events

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

I want people's views on three current event's (when posting your view number them using the same numbers I put so people know what you are commenting on. Thanks!)

1. The riots in London and the recall of Parliament
2. America's loss of AAA credit rating for the first time ever
3. (A slightly more missed topic due to other events) Cadbury's losing it's identity (by which I mean it will now include other chocolate brands not exactly sure how it works though) after being promised it wouldn't and Kraft's (the company owning Cadbury's) splitting into two.

DeletedUser

1.What do you expect after tripling the tuition fees?If kids can't go to college
they are bound to look for other career options[Robbing!]:p
2.I am more worried about another recession than what ever rating USA have.
3.Who cares about identity?I ♥ Cadbury.:D

DeletedUser28032

The fear with the Cadbury's things is that it may turn into to Hershey style chocolate which isn't a good thing

DeletedUser

The riots around UK seem Unexplanitory, and Unreasonable. I mean Why is it happining at all?
When I watch it on tv it feels as though i am watching what GTA san adreas would look like as a multiplayer

DeletedUser

Cadbury losing its identity shouldent really be a concern. It wont happen. Media and Cadbury are just tooo good to lose. I mean have you seen those adverts.
Gorilla on Drums + Phil Collins + Chocolate = WOW :D Original:D

DeletedUser28032

Yeah i have to admit i am kind of confused as to the riots in London. It sounds like it may have been sparked off by a police shooting and its just got out of control

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
1.What do you expect after tripling the tuition fees?If kids can't go to college
they are bound to look for other career options[Robbing!]:p

I know it was a joke but they could go to college (then university) if they wanted to.

When I watch it on tv it feels as though i am watching what GTA san adreas would look like as a multiplayer

You should see us on Halloween.

DeletedUser

1. The rioters are a sad bunch of animals. As for parliament well they can come back (I don't know what they'd do) and I may not know British politics but hey it sounds like less vacation time for them. If you ask me politicians should only get a couple days-off for all the insanity they put us all through.

2. It's what happens when you're not willing to let go and make the cuts that need to happen.

3. I wouldn't worry about Cadbury, they've got a very strong brand name. The real concern is that they adopt a Hershey's choclate recipe which would be a real crime!

DeletedUser529

California recently announced that it will have to reduce the school budget very drastically, but in the meantime it will increase the budget of the prison system, because of over-crowding. The three strikes your out is the worst system of justice in the world and it has lead to the packing of the prison system to the point of collapse and the children will be packed in instead....I guess the prisoners are a much more priority.

The war on crime is a lost issue as any government war on drugs has failed miserably, it has lead to massive jail over-crowding, massive cost over loads.....Just like the war on Disease and the war in Iraq and Afganyland...all lost

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
California recently announced that it will have to reduce the school budget very drastically, but in the meantime it will increase the budget of the prison system, because of over-crowding.

Is the prison system the drain on the budget or is it profitable?

I know prisons are big business in the USA, forced labour for next to nothing producing a lot, private prisons and import/exporting of prisoners. I thought that business was the main reason they liked the drug war so much.

DeletedUser

Yep! More money (taxpayer money washed in to private sector) to be made from prisons. Biggest growing business in the nineties California built 1 new university and 13 new prisons. Follow the money.

DeletedUser

I know it was a joke but they could go to college (then university) if they wanted to.

You should see us on Halloween.

You should see our 12 year olds on Halloween, you'd swear they were 16 year old hooligans.

1. It will blow over eventually like all things like this (The Queen coming to Ireland, Libya... kinda & etc.)
2. Rating > Recession
I'd rather a bad rating that a Recession.
3. And your point is?