Your Treasury/Store

DeletedUser4616

i'm currently in the process of building a town and had a question regarding builong a store

i've amassed a great deal of junk over various quests and want to sell it to raise money

if i sell it in MY shop.... does there have to be money in the Treasury for the sale or am I being REALLY blonde :unsure::blushg::blushb:

DeletedUser

What you sell to the store doesn't effect town treasury. What your town's store sell to other people, either member or non-member, will have... uh... 5%? Help me out somebody.

DeletedUser

Yeah, 5%, although in reality this doesn't mean a lot, as very few people buy from stores other than their own

DeletedUser

You do not get the 5% cut from what town members spend. Only from what non town members spend.

DeletedUser

i'm currently in the process of building a town and had a question regarding builong a store

i've amassed a great deal of junk over various quests and want to sell it to raise money

if i sell it in MY shop.... does there have to be money in the Treasury for the sale or am I being REALLY blonde

You are being really blonde.

Firstly when you sell your own stuff in the store, it disappears into the system. Someone else specifically can't buy that item you just sold.

Secondly, you don't need money in the town treasury for that. You just get the sales price listed on the item when you sell it into your own personal account.

Thirdly, what the guys above are talking about is that when you sell a item in the general store (ie when folks not your town members) buy something eg a bandana or donkey etc, your town treasury earns 5% of the sales price.

DeletedUser3741

Technically you could also say you make 20% of the items worth

For example its 5% of what the person paid but the item is only worth 25% of what they paid

So a Donkey, a buyer would pay $1000 and your town would receive $50
However a donkey is worth only $250 and $50 of $250 is 20%

So you get 20% of the items worth

DeletedUser

Technically you could also say you make 20% of the items worth

For example its 5% of what the person paid but the item is only worth 25% of what they paid

So a Donkey, a buyer would pay $1000 and your town would receive $50
However a donkey is worth only $250 and $50 of $250 is 20%

So you get 20% of the items worth

Never thought about it in that fashion... Can't decide if you're thinking out of the box, or if most people see it your way.

DeletedUser

He is thinking out of the box, and technically very correct :)

It is how you present the information I guess.

To the devs, we say, 5% is a pittance - pls give us more from our shops.

To potential members, we say wow, our shops earn 20% - join us! ;)

DeletedUser4616

you are being really blonde.

Firstly when you sell your own stuff in the store, it disappears into the system. Someone else specifically can't buy that item you just sold.

Secondly, you don't need money in the town treasury for that. You just get the sales price listed on the item when you sell it into your own personal account.

Thirdly, what the guys above are talking about is that when you sell a item in the general store (ie when folks not your town members) buy something eg a bandana or donkey etc, your town treasury earns 5% of the sales price.

it was a serious question and i don't think there's any cause for insults do you?