Your top 5 list of 1980s movies

DeletedUser

Let's face it. If you lived through the 80s, you remember the last bit of good music and have seen some of the most underrated classics ever made.

List your favorite 80s movies...try to keep your list to a top 5 if you can with a short explanation. :rolleyes:

For your information here is a list of the highest grossing movies of the decade:
http://www.80s.com/Entertainment/Movies/TopGrossing/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would say something like Thriller of the late Michael Jackson, certainly that wasn't underrated. And also you have to remember the song Eye of the Tiger from the movie Rocky III. The It was a classic but you also have to remember that this new year is the year of the tiger. You also have to remember The Karate Kid.

DeletedUser16628

breakfast club==============movie
lunatic fringe by Redrider =========song

DeletedUser

I was born in 1980...this list is off the top of my head so I might have left a big one out:

Breakfast Club - Classic. Possibly a perfect movie. "Did you finish your paper young man?!?"
Karate Kid - I remember wearing that same bandana to my Tae Kwon Do classes
Goonies - How can you NOT like this movie?
Major League - A top 10 sports movie with out question. I saw this in theaters and this is how I learned proper use of the F-word.
Ghost Busters -This is my favorite movie of all time and my first memory of being in a movie theater. Yes, THIS is my favorite movie ever. I don't know why.

Honorable Mention: Predator, Rocky IV, Beverly Hills Cop, Back to the Future

DeletedUser

Terminator
Red Dawn (wolverines!)
Road warrior
The Empire Strikes Back
Platoon

I was going to put Apocalypse Now but that came out '79

DeletedUser

Raging Bull
Amadeus
Cinema Paradiso
The Killing Fields
Back to the Future

That's my list, not necessarily in that order though.

DeletedUser

im a mix of all you guys

the empire strikes back(yes i like star wars)
back to the future(one of the frist moives i ever saw)
Goonies (iv seen it 1000 times)
karate kid (i love fighting)
Breakfast Club(reminds me of my high school life)

DeletedUser

5? I was born 12 years after 1980 and don't have such a great experience with those movie, but I can say for sure The Thing is the most interesting horror I have ever seen. The effects are so real, the creature is so repulsive. No CGI can create a monster realistic as the one in The Thing. The actors are doing a great job.

DeletedUser

1. Scarface
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
3. Breakfast Club
4. Blues Brothers
5. Beverly Hills Cop

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The first 5 movie titles I remember from the 80's

Time Bandits
Ice Pirates
Spaceballs
Airplane
Top Secret

DeletedUser20688

This was tough to decide:

Heavy Metal - For its time it was a great animated movie.
Excalibur - Visually speaking, really amazing film…storytelling is corny.
Better Off Dead - "I want my 2 dollars!!!!"
Can't Buy Me Love - Amanda Peterson = hot. Great 80s high school (nostalgia) flick.
Raiders of the Lost Ark - Never get tired of seeing this movie. It just kicks ass.