Your Thoughts On W16

WanderingStranger

Having been around when 15 started, w16 seems a lot more slow paced. We do appear to have a lot less people than w15 also (not sure if we will manage to fill a large attack for a long time).

Dueling is a much more popular pastime than it was. With reduced travel time the dueler bonus is over powered. 30 minutes without having to move covers about 1/6th of the map. Overall I think even dueling numbers are down from w15 because of the fewer players.

As much as I love a new world, this one didnt explode like a dropped bomb as w15 did, instead it landed with splat like a dropped bowl of pudding.

Heres hoping it picks up.

WS

DeletedUser

Thing is levelling is simply slower then on tw.1 despite you get due to gold and silver jobs much more xp on jobs, quests give way less.

and the reason is do 24 times buffalo hunt for a quest, in the past that might had been 4-5-6-7-8 times, but since its much few times every job gave you xp, now by the 14th times of buffallo hunt if not sooner your xp and money rewards will be very low and only get lower till they reach 0

so what you see a lot is that now you need to do a job a lot of times, for a xp reward of what 500? 1000 xp? where you need to do a job that often that it doesn't give xp anymore, and the xp from quests is relatively low either.

In tw.1 quests were an awesome way to level, in tw.2 they simply aren't, and doing gold and silver jobs really put in more weight.

as example i did 5 jobs of golden transfer horses last night, that gave me 4k xp and 3k money, and thats for 95 energy spent, whereas if i had spend 95 energy on doing some quests i woulda never gotten close even to that amount of money and xp

as for activity, since money seems to be slower on low level town building seem to be slower as well, so i think people are just off from a slow start, but that activity is lower then when colo started(i wasnt playing yet back then) isn't weird since TW lost half of its playerbase last year

DeletedUser

All I hope is this world will not be one sided like we have in Colorado, where we have mighty TCB vs all the Workers+Crafters+Duelers (eh, I don't belong to Crying Bunch) :p

I hope the world will have balance and players will enjoy the fort battles!
:)

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
How's everyone settling into Dakota? Is everything running smoothly for everyone?

WanderingStranger

Fort fighting (all I care about) has reached a decent point(not good though). Smalls are all that can fill though and with the requirements to build forts now attacks will win 9/10 times for a long time.

The building requirements are going to hurt fort fights for a very long time. People dont want to build on forts they have no chance of keeping so few towns are really trying to build any. Coming from one of the largest, most experienced, and most active towns I can tell you that we are LESS THAN HALF done with 1 large fort.

If you combined the efforts of all the towns currently building you probably couldnt finish 2 large forts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have heard more people say they were gonna stick it out and see the world through, but many just don't like 2. They perferred 1.

In anything out in the gaming world, I still believe this is one of the best social games.

DeletedUser

came back to the game after a long time away and it's hard to say if the new format's better or not. Surprised, well not really, to see 0% motivation duellers around that're picking on low level players so I guess how people play the game hasn't changed. Happy to see some familiar faces still around though. No premium though for me, that's for sure. The actual game itself doesn't seem to've changed that much at first glance, it's just been re-skinned. Whether that's the answer to people getting bored and one-sided alliances, that'll be seen shortly I should imagine

DeletedUser35385

hi all been playing the west since october 2008 under the username janskie, and i must say this world (dakota) is the best today for being balance fortfight, balance, overall, having fun as i have my present journey thru this world, good luck and have a nice playing the west. :p :) (^_^)v

DeletedUser

hi all been playing the west since october 2008 under the username janskie, and i must say this world (dakota) is the best today for being balance fortfight, balance, overall, having fun as i have my present journey thru this world, good luck and have a nice playing the west.

People got to 120 in 3 months and you're saying it's balanced? The biggest discrepancy in gear of any world and you're saying it's balanced? I went through the top few pages and they all seemed to have tombola weapon sets and gear. How much of the rest of the world even has a GG yet? I don't think there's ever been a less balanced world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34976

I think what he means is that both sides have equal amounts of those top players... :)

DeletedUser

elm is right, i recently became the first level 120 who didnt tried to build a vatican, but this world is loaded with shiny gear and tombola items.... you can buy pat pants for 75k and other on other world hard to get shiny's for bargain prices, despite making money in tw.2 is much easier then on tw.1

it has 2 reasons, this insane amount of shiny stuff.
first of all this is the first world on .net that opened with the bond shop available from start many really many nuggeted insane amount of especially steel chests to get some shiny's and to sell excess to the trader for good money. giving this world an insane amount of shiny's.

secondly by the time tombola came about no one really had a fat bank account, only higher levels and those already bought boxes to make money or lucky sobs like me who won the forum lottery had decent bank accounts (decent as in 50-100k). so most that did wanted to get tombola only had the option to take tons of spins. Secondly the world had 22k players, ok 7k nonsense level 1s, but imagine the amount of spins taken on tombola even in free draws i heard people even in free draws sometimes gotten a weapon or complete set box, but many of these low ranked people saw ow level 50 or 80 can't use and dumped these stuff massively for bargain prices on the market. making it for rich sobs like me and others easy to get many tombola gear

I bought over 10 natty coats and at 1 stage had 8 of the FF guns, all been distributed amongst town again, meaning almost everyone in town going to FFs had natty set or those that duel chings set. So what you see is that certain towns with high levels or big nug spenders got many townies running around with nice gear, and in towns without you barely see people with that gear.

And i agree that makes the world quite imbalanced in that aspect(strong towns with many tombola gear and many with barely any), though its not so weird you always got a handfull of big towns where 50% of the first golden guns are etc i think that was also the case on colorado (though i joined there in december and it was around that time that bullettime after 4+ month became the first level 120). I reckon during next tombola, though many said they wouldn't spend as much as christmas or their wives would kill em, you will see the same happen again..

As for the balance reyn was pointing at is the fortfighting balance, yes after 4-5 months there seems to have come a quite balanced teams, might not be perfect but both sides can win and both sides can badly lose ffs. but balance is fragile if one side gets just 4-5 big hp bombs suddenly due to reskills the balance especially at smalls can be turned around again.

DeletedUser

I can't comment about fort balance on w16, since I'm just screwing around. ;)

DeletedUser12669

same here just enjoying the freedom of not belonging to a town and playing when i feel like it also i dont like wasting real life cash on buying buffs and stuff like that but im using nuggets for the premium account :D

DeletedUser

atm prices for shiny stuff are lowering at an insane speed, and i think it will continue for a while since it seems everyone tries to make money before the tombola instead of during the tombola to buy items of the market, last tombola there were so many shiny's basically at cost price. so you don't have to be extremely rich to own some nice items, though stuff like natty set remains expensive and new sets aren't for fortfighting so i guess they will stay expensive for the rest man i saw harmonica's for 120k even today

DeletedUser

so basically Inno's wish of people buying up things from the store has worked and made them a few quick bucks at the expense of the longevity and balance of the game. Every 2 days I'm getting ko'd by level 30 players with sets of named dueling clothes. After a few months away from the game I can't see anything that made me leave in the first place has changed and this gameworld will soon clear quickly until the premium players have no choice to duel each other.

Ripwise

so basically Inno's wish of people buying up things from the store has worked and made them a few quick bucks at the expense of the longevity and balance of the game. Every 2 days I'm getting ko'd by level 30 players with sets of named dueling clothes. After a few months away from the game I can't see anything that made me leave in the first place has changed and this gameworld will soon clear quickly until the premium players have no choice to duel each other.

There are no set items at lvl 30 which duelers could use. There are only few named items which duelers can use and those were in game before 2.0. I think a lot of people think that some players are premium because of their success in FF or dueling but that is not the case. I know many players who aint premium and they are great players.

Premium is an option given to all and if a player wants/can be premium then i dont see a problem with that. Example: I have a toon on w12 which has almost all rare items except Inno belt and Allans fort gun and i spent only 2.5k nuggs in almost 3 years which is comparing to some people spent in 2 week's.

DeletedUser

Well I am level 28 on that world and have some name items, but I don't think it is just being prem. or not prem. I mean it is all about the general idea that a dueler will duel regardless of being prem or not prem. Plus the targets we have do not say prem on them. People are willing to use their money to become the best fort fighter. It is a rare dueler that is using prem to actually duel. Besides if they are prem, I don't think it should matter. They are using their own money. And also, being dueled every 48 hours is not a bad thing because this way you can get quests and fort fighting done without being worried about a dueler dueling you right before you go and do something.

DeletedUser6693

Daykoda is the most unbalanced and worst fort fighting world i am in, if people think it is the best i truly feel sorry for you and your overall gaming experience.

DeletedUser16628

Prefer Colorado over Dakota.Making money on Dakota is so easy it's out of control.I was hoping Daykota was going to be a well populated world and IMO it is not near as good as I was hoping.INNO is happy - AMEN