your thoughts about POKER CARDS

DeletedUser28121

so, whats the deal there... they r auctionable but not a part of any set currently....

my guess is:

a) we r getting a new set sometime soon

b) they will be necessary once the poker-playing scheme gets integrated into the saloon (i think i saw that in the roadmap, correct me if i'm wrong).

anyone have any inside scoop about this? (*throws a quizzical look to mods*)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You left off one very likely possibility:

c) it's a mistake.

Since there's no definite answer to this question, it should be in Saloon, not Questions.

DeletedUser28121

good point elmyr... it didn't even cross my mind that it could be a mistake (which is very likely considering how buggy this update is, i still cant get over the fact that my map is covered in fog of war constantly now, :laugh:)

mods please do as elmyr suggests and move this thread into saloon... thank you

EDIT: here is a little update on this question, i believe desi could have given a definite answer if this was really a bug:

jvas01
2010-12-23 12:43:34
Why poker cards form the job roam the land as a gambler are auctionable and arent part of any set? The other items are not auctionable.

desiboukerse
2010-12-23 13:21:37
Hello jvas01,

They must have some purpose for the future.
Don't think it really is a bug.
If you would to discuss it, you can create a topic on the forum: http://forum.the-west.net
Maybe some other community members have some thoughts about this.

Respectfully,

Desi Boukerse
Bugs Ranger

i got some info regarding this.... seems that devzet stated on the german west forum that the poker card were designed as auctionable with further updates on mind...

sadly i dont speak german so browsing their forum is not an option. if someone could verify this that would be great..

still, my money is on a new clothes set....;)

DeletedUser

Right the poker cards are not a mistake,it was submitted elsewhere as a bug and the response was that it was not a bug.So eventually hopefully we'll have something out of it (maybe poker or some other fun stuff).

DeletedUser28121

tnx saltin! :D

now that i think about it I would be surprised if they tried to gradually phase in a set....saloon poker looks like a more feasible option, and a neat way to pull ingame cash away from servers.... cool

mods, since there are no other takers for a game of guessing, u might as well close this thread..... or leave it up.... whatever

DeletedUser

If it does have something to do with poker being implemented, it's kind of stupid if everyone has to bring their own cards. If it's part of a set, it better include the fancy waistcoat, which screams Old West gambler.

DeletedUser

I'm thinking more of another set.... Gambler set has been mentioned before I think... also some items are actionable because they are used for quests right (piece of notes)? anyone tried that?

DeletedUser

A poker mini game would be awesome but not sure it could happen. The main two poker games back then 7 card stud and 5 card draw(or variations of those games) Stud is probably the most challenging form of poker to learn and draw would be the second most haha. If they could get past the rng,blind structures,extra rankings,ect problems I could see a "gambling room" in each saloon with a 4 or 5 tables with different buy-in amounts for ring and the ability to create tourneys. I think roulette,craps,and black jack would be more likely...way easier to do rng-wise. But with this having paid aspects i.e nuggets I doubt the developers lawyers would let them add gambling into a multinational game with so many different laws involving gaming across the world. Hope it happens but sorry to say I doubt it.

DeletedUser1121

desiboukerse
2010-12-23 13:21:37
Hello jvas01,

They must have some purpose for the future.
Don't think it really is a bug.
If you would to discuss it, you can create a topic on the forum: http://forum.the-west.net
Maybe some other community members have some thoughts about this.

Respectfully,

Desi Boukerse
Bugs Ranger

I really should try to get more sleep.. What i wanted to say was: If you would like to discuss it

DeletedUser

What about us who don't know anything about poker?? :blink:

Perfect time to learn,there is even a naughty version of poker but we wont talk about that :censored:

seriously though,everything in this thread is just speculation,we dont know what these cards are meant to be.

DeletedUser

What about us who don't know anything about poker?? :blink:

I beleve they are refered to as the fish but they are needed at the games sharks got to eat too you know.

Easy to learn hard to master :cool:

Hint hint ! PLAY THE PLAYER NOT THE CARDS !
once you learn that you are set :p