Your local market prices

DeletedUser

I just started using the market mainly because my inventory was getting huge and it was too slow to open,downsizing it thru the market helped a lot,it opens much faster now.There was a couple comments on market prices in Arizona forum but i figured this should be in general instead.

Anyways sometimes i get mail complaining prices are too high(from buyers) or too low (from other sellers).How about you,how do you see the market prices as.too cheap? too high? give example and say why.
Do you get lots of mail when you trade?

Example:
1.Tequila price is too high @500 :no because it's a product that many players cant do,there is a good chance it will sell.
2.Piece of coal selling @2000 is insane: no because if you want to do the calendar quest it's a memorabilia that you might miss on unless you buy it.
3.Cody dagger selling at 20k-40k this is crazy.No,it's not meant to be sold to low level players.End game fort-fighters might want this as they travel from fort to fort and changing clothes while preserving HEALTH.It sells well.
4.Figaro Razor blade selling too cheap: No because there is a oversupply of them in all world,they sell very poorly.

DeletedUser

its all about how badly the buyer wants the products, or how quickly the seller wants their money.

i made a lot, and i mean A LOT of money off elixir, mainly because i was selling it for basically face value(around $300) i only need the one, so for a spell it was my best job in the sense that xp/cash/luck are all decent levels to make the job worthwhile

tequila is the same, although i have only ever sold to town or alliance mates, so my prices were substantially lower than $500

as far as the named weapons, any price that a person is willing to pay is a fair price in my opinion. i have sold cheap figaros razors mainly because when you have half a dozen or more, who cares how much you sell them for.

i recently bought hernandos sword for 65k on the market, because i gave up on the note part 1, and if you ask me, the price it would cost a level 85 resistance dueler to reskill to charlatan and back will cost a heckuva lot more than 65k

and if i ever see allens pepperbox in the market in one of my fort fighting worlds i would pay 65k easy. without even a seconds thought.

well....maybe a seconds thought, we do have to keep some spare cash floating around for the pants

DeletedUser

Yeap you are right ratatatPat what i said in the other thread was that the market prices don't have to be right for 99% of the players,they just have to be right for a single buyer.

i made a lot, and i mean A LOT of money off elixir
you are killing me here i sold well over 1XX to merchants,didn't think they would sell that well so i didnt even try lol

i have sold cheap figaros razors mainly because when you have half a dozen or more, who cares how much you sell them for
On some worlds i am selling these to merchants,not even worth the effort to list them.

i recently bought hernandos sword for 65k on the market
why not just get the golden saber? i keep hernando strictly as a stat job item/souvenir now.In any case it's well worth 65k imo.

if i ever see allens pepperbox in the market in one of my fort ..
The only times i seen Allen pepperbox revolver sold was like for around 150k + if you are a fortfighting soldier the trumpet is very good and is free.
Never liked Allen or nats machete as dueling weapon,their swing is way too large,they are not worth the high prices for duels imo.

well....maybe a seconds thought, we do have to keep some spare cash floating around for the pants
some pants are gonna be quest exclusive others are to be fort battle drop exclusives apparently :rolleyes:
So most likely the really good stuff is not buy-able at your local store bleh.
I just hope the fort battle ones will be market friendly and can be sold there as i am not a huge fan of push battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The market price is always just right. If you're too high it won't sell and if you're too low, it will sell all too quickly.

DeletedUser

im selling my hernandos sword for 90.000 in world 7 name is janskie lol..

DeletedUser22685

The reason tequila was selling for so high was for the Halloween quest. Prices for tequila will go back to normal now that no one wants it bad enough to spend more than normal on them.

DeletedUser

The reason tequila was selling for so high was for the Halloween quest.

Thanksgiving, and $250 (far more than the sell price) was fairly standard before Thanksgiving for it's value as part of the Mexican set, and that's what I bought it for on 3 worlds for the Thanksgiving quest or to replace the one I used for it.

DeletedUser

Prediction market prices,
next few days:

• Xmas Crackers loose big value.
  • Rest of the xmas items gain value.
  • Every items sells poorly (belts and pants expensive,sucking up the funds)
  • All named weapons gain value (new jobs means more stats needed)
next few weeks:

• All named weapons loose lots of value. (FMS will have some serious competition)

humm what else did i miss? i think that's it.

DeletedUser

you missed pants and belts on the market, which will probably be pretty crazy especially if and when people find some if there are drop only pairs

Noobmic

A lot of you use market for making money and don't care about other players. Before market what did you do if you had an item that had sell price $1000? You sold it with $1000, now I can say that at least 60%put the item on market with at least $2000 (the buy price).

As a conclusion you are greedy and selfish.

What I suggest and how I do is I sell every item that can be bought from town with a price between 2/3 to 3/4 of buy price. In this way you get more then sell price and the buyer wins paying less then buy price.

For items that are unique and are hard drops I can understand a greater price but when I see Hernando sword for 165k to 210k (that is now on W2 and no-one placed a bid) ...

DeletedUser

market=greed

you will never get away from that. some items have more "appeal" if you will, such as set items, and so on.

its all about what a person wants and how much they are willing to pay for some.

others like yourself, and me, use the market for either helping townmates and alliance members, or tossing something in the market for a fairly reasonable price.

im content with another store item getting 50% over sales price, which also is a good deal for anyone since it is below buying price in store anyways

mind you i did sell a bowies knife for 30k, and was told that i sold it too cheap...and i will say that what buddy said did have some merit as the knife was gone basically the same time i closed the market i already had the report that it had sold

way i see it, the greedy guys will get rich, or people will give up on trying the high prices and they will have to drop their price,

the only reason things are as high as they are is because it still sells

DeletedUser

Care:Well the market is designed as a place to make money not a place to care for people or else it would have been called "day care" or maybe "hospital" or "shelter" or ...
Market means it's there for business ie: to make a profit,large or small,the seller is free to decide for himself.

Greed: Duelers attack others to get experience and money--->greedy ! they could just do npc or do jobs, that way everyone can get experience and money,instead they want it all for themselves!
Fortfighters attack others even when their town has plenty of forts already!--->greedy! they don't want to share forts and want them all! LOL

Greed is the economic engine of modern societies, human kind has yet to find a way to advance itself without greed of some form or another.Open your eyes to the real world my friend.

About hernando: It's picking up prices on most world as people are taking a look at the upcoming jobs.There are some top jobs in 1.3 that use 2XTRADE and others using 2REFLEX,Hernando is 7 RFLX/6 TRD.It might be useless as a weapon but it's gonna be handy for stats.