Your ideal date

DeletedUser5046

What's up with being american? :huh:

Are they more fun on dates or something like that? :p

not actually...violette said → "Dating" isn't something we do over here... it's something you just see in American teen movies.

tats why i asked.that's all.

DeletedUser

Can you talk about real dates, or just ones you would like to have?

DeletedUser

So if we exchange the word "dating" for the "things you like to do together"...

With one boyfriend, we used to go motorbike riding a lot. Another boyfriend was a fashion photographer so he'd take me to swish red carpet things and I'd drag him to grungy pubs to see obscure rock bands. Another boyfriend was the perfect company for weekends in the country and sunday brunches and reading the newspaper.

So I guess I think it is the "together" part which is more important than what you actually do. And that what you do depends a little bit on who you're with.

You hit the nail dead on. :)
That said, not just anything will do.
I'd feel insulted if they took me out to eat and brought me Micky D.
I'd feel just as dissappointed if they offered me frozen pizza when it was their turn to cook.

DeletedUser

Yeah... Tell us about your best real date! :)
OK. I'm fairly confident that I have actually had the best date in the history of the world...

It was the day I got engaged. Me and Charlotte were on holiday in Canada, way up north. It was miles below zero and we were freezing to death in a tiny little tent. Very early in the morning, we got up and saw the northern lights.

We watched them for two hours solid, we never said anything, but we just cuddled and cried at their beauty. After that, we got engaged.

((This may sound very soppy, maybe even cheesy; but that morning is still the best thing that ever happened to me.))

DeletedUser

one where she acts like a mute and stays quiet.

ok in all seriousness though taking her to a high end restraunt and a movie

DeletedUser

This may sound very soppy, maybe even cheesy; but that morning is still the best thing that ever happened to me.

I think engagement stories are supposed to sound soppy and cheesy. And yours is lovely. :)

DeletedUser

ideal date....depends what the girl is like :D

lol. She's obviously gorgeous (in your eyes that is.... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, really)

and your Princess.

So what would you like to do? or what would constitute a great time? ^^

I know what it cant be tho, Crag... it definitely wont be playing Diplomacy together (couldn't resist to joke ^^) :)

DeletedUser

OK. I'm fairly confident that I have actually had the best date in the history of the world...

It was the day I got engaged. Me and Charlotte were on holiday in Canada, way up north. It was miles below zero and we were freezing to death in a tiny little tent. Very early in the morning, we got up and saw the northern lights.

We watched them for two hours solid, we never said anything, but we just cuddled and cried at their beauty. After that, we got engaged.

((This may sound very soppy, maybe even cheesy; but that morning is still the best thing that ever happened to me.))

Thats awesome! I will probably only get married when im like 30 though.

DeletedUser

lol. She's obviously gorgeous (in your eyes that is.... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, really)

and your Princess.

So what would you like to do? or what would constitute a great time? ^^

I know what it cant be tho, Crag... it definitely wont be playing Diplomacy together (couldn't resist to joke ^^) :)

Looks got nothing to do with it. Beauty is common enough, whereas someone whom appeals to you in other areas than the obvious ones, are hard to find. ;)

DeletedUser

And lol again. But so we don't derail this thread completely... A memorable non-date:

Grabbing dinner on a hot summer day at a fave little Moroccan seafood restaurant called Claypots near the beach. Sitting in the courtyard out the back and after we order it starts pouring rain so everyone except us rushes inside. We eat our dinner in the rain and get soaked. (The staff loved it so much, they gave us our meals for free. :) )

My fave "non-dates" are those when you end up doing spontaneous things like jumping in fountains or climbing trees and you just feel free and exhilarated.

DeletedUser5046

a memorable date

something like eatin on a candlelit table...then a love song playin on te background...gee *always a dream*

mah dream date : goin ice skating then play some arcade...then go to a uhm...amusement park and ride all you can..then go eat at one resto you never been to...go home wit a smile in te face and sleep. wakes up in te morning wit breakfast in table...smile..